Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we were in the Premier I'd be taking their hands off but with Llambiarse's track record of signing players we can't give our approval to this. Unless players are going to come in Duff has to stay.

Guest Stephen927

Don't forget he is our ONLY LB cover ise Enrique gets injured.

Tamas Kadar would fill in and do well I think.

It's bizarre. For the last three years i've loathed the fact he's a Newcastle United player, but i'm a bit apprehensive about this. I would have snapped their hands off and creased meself all the way to the bank if this was June.

But we can't keep losing players and he'd probably be fairly useful down here. :undecided:

I was hoping we'd keep him to be honest, but that's good money for him...

If we sell him we can't afford to sell Jonas, but who would replace Duff on the wing?  Geremi....?

Jonas on thr left, Kazenga on the right I guess.  Then when Jonas goes... play 3 in the centre and an AM I guess.

Would like to keepDuff, he is one of the high earners who I actually think will try to live up to his high wage.

Guthrie on the right.

Guest BooBoo

At this moment in time i'd much rtaher ship out Guttierez before Duff.

Why?

Because although its quite rare, Duff actually has some end product?

Yep. Jonas has had one good game for Newcastle, Duff has had about a handful. Neither are great but Jonas is completely unsuited and uncommitted to our current plight.

I was hoping we'd keep him to be honest, but that's good money for him...

If we sell him we can't afford to sell Jonas, but who would replace Duff on the wing?  Geremi....?

Jonas on thr left, Kazenga on the right I guess.  Then when Jonas goes... play 3 in the centre and an AM I guess.

Would like to keepDuff, he is one of the high earners who I actually think will try to live up to his high wage.

Guthrie on the right.

That'd be an absolute total waste.

Its a right fucking pain in the arse. We can't afford to let him go as we not Fat Ashley won't spend the money but 4 million is good money for an injury prone 30 year old thats on 65k a week.

The thing is if we had been taken over or even Shearer backed a little by Ashley seeing the figures Duff, Beye, Bassong and Martins have went for as well as the others who have left and cut the wage bill down with the addition of a few players we could have actually had the books balanced quite a bit and still had a decent little team.

Yep.

For all Jonas's running, 99% of the time he's useless.  Duff is much more effective and will score a lot more goals.

Duff went about two years without an assist. They're both totally devoid of end product tbh.

I just can't see why any more players would be allowed to be sold unless Ashley is definitely 100% leaving. If he's planning to stay then surely he knows there isnt enough time to replace all of these players now. The only logical reason I can see is that it would help the sale. If Ashley stays and he sells more players then we are gonna really struggle and the value of the club will go down even more.

Guest kenny_c

Take it, put lua lua on the wing as we wont replace him or even joey barton on the right.

Very good money for a not so good player.

Why?

If it comes down to having Jonas who is capable of an injection of pace from midfield to take the pressure off the defence and gain us ground into the opposition half, or having Duff who isn't capable of beating his man and finds one decent cross per game which is from a deep position anyway as he isn't capable of getting far enough without been tackled, then I'd take Jonas everytime.

Bite their hands off for it

£4m for Duff who was largely ineffective for most of last season and is earning £60k per week.  Whilst he did score on Saturday he was largely invisible for most of the game.

I just can't see why any more players would be allowed to be sold unless Ashley is definitely 100% leaving. If he's planning to stay then surely he knows there isnt enough time to replace all of these players now. The only logical reason I can see is that it would help the sale. If Ashley stays and he sells more players then we are gonna really struggle and the value of the club will go down even more.

He thinks the squad is brilliant and will go up easily though.

Why?

Because Duff can actually score and assist? He's the most productive player on our books.

Jonas, Ameobi, Nolans and Butts finishing will push us up the league im sure. Apart from that we've got the inexperienced Carroll and unrelieable Barton.

I'm not sure if he will want to leave actually unless its an established Premiership team. He is on very good money here and he doesn't need to be playing in the Premiership to get in the Ireland team. He seems happy enough here as well

His competition for Ireland is Stephen Hunt and Aidan McGeady so his spot isn't guaranteed me thinks.

Why?

Yep. Jonas has had one good game for Newcastle, Duff has had about a handful. Neither are great but Jonas is completely unsuited and uncommitted to our current plight.

What a load of shit :lol: