Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

and who's going to supply the chances for him? Jonas?

Neither he or Duff will be here. It's alright though, you only need one winger in this league - so long as the wage bill's nice and toight. :thup:

Neither he or Duff will be here. It's alright though, you only need one winger in this league - so long as the wage bill's nice and toight. :thup:

If losing Duff and gaining 8 million help keeps the club running, i am all for it.  We needed to trim the wage bill and adapt to the Championship surroundings.

If losing Duff and gaining 8 million help keeps the club running, i am all for it.  We needed to trim the wage bill and adapt to the Championship surroundings.

And keep the club running?

Please, will someone summarise for me... say we head into the season with this exact wage budget. What exactly happens? Genuine question. Do we go out of business or something?

I'm late joining the party, since I been busy at work and pimping out my gaming set up at home, anyway probably been said before me but it's a fantastic offer for Duff and we would be mad not to take it however we need someone in to replace him and there's little to no sign of movement on the inbound front.

Please, will someone summarise for me... say we head into the season with this exact wage budget. What exactly happens? Genuine question. Do we go out of business or something?

You mean if we have a Premier League type expenditure with a Championship sized revenue coming in? 

I've been saying the exact same thing for a while now Yorkie. People seem to be detached from the fact that we are sole owned by a multi millionaire and that it's entirely in his hands if or when he puts us into administration and the likelihood is he won't do that until there is not a hope of regaining any of his money that he put into to buying the club, so while there are assets like the players, he'll not wind us down.

So is Llambas or Ashley's son doing these deals? Jesus this is useless.

I hope we get someone in on loan/part-exchange or something. Rediculous. I wonder if CH's wish-list is the one Shearer had, with whoever is available in on sight.

Jonas, Duff and Smith leave:

Recognised* players

Goalkeepers:    Harper, Krul

Right-backs:    Taylor

Centre-backs:    Taylor, Coloccini

Left-backs:    Enrique

Right-midfielders:    Lua Lua

Centre-midfielders:    Barton, Guthrie, Nolan, Butt, Geremi

Left-midfielders:    No-one

Strikers:    Carroll, Ameobi, Xisco

*Criteria - No 'unknown quantities' (youth players, basically) / players in their correct 'out and out' positions

With no manager. Taylor, Enrique, Coloccini, Barton, Krul all very possible potential departurees too.

out of all the higher wage earners i would rather Duff stays and get rid of   Buttfuck,Slolan :colo: :jonas: but the way we are we need money off the wage bill and with no manager how can we get replacements  :frantic:

sell. he´s 30 years and not what he used to be. 4 mill is a lot of money plus his salary is high. he could be good for us this season if he stayed fit...but i still think we should sell!

steven taylor we should keep...unless someone offers 10 mill plus!

duff, i dont believe will offer much next year anyway! in fact there are few players we should keep. the younger ones like caroll, taylor, krul, enrique, lualua, ranger and maybe xisco.

our preparations for this season have been nothing but a joke.....so sell everything we can and keep the young players with potential to be good/decent PL players in a year or 2. start building a team around the above mentioned and hope they have enough quality to challenge for promotion....we could buy good and promising players in january if a take over have been completed at that time!

Guest sicko2ndbest

an intresting idea i heard was that there is no bid and this is a ham-fisted attempt to try and get buyers for duff

Hence the reason no team was named!