Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Brummiemag

Would be surprised if a club like fulham are prepared to pay Duff's wages which must be a least £50k per week - if it goes through does this mean we may continue to pay a proportion of his wages while Ashley pockets the transfer fee? 

It just gets worse and worse

Jonas, Duff and Smith leave:

Recognised* players

Goalkeepers:     Harper, Krul

Right-backs:     Taylor

Centre-backs:     Taylor, Coloccini

Left-backs:     Enrique

Right-midfielders:     Lua Lua

Centre-midfielders:     Barton, Guthrie, Nolan, Butt, Geremi

Left-midfielders:     No-one

Strikers:     Carroll, Ameobi, Xisco

*Criteria - No 'unknown quantities' (youth players, basically) / players in their correct 'out and out' positions

With no manager. Taylor, Enrique, Coloccini, Barton, Krul all very possible potential departurees too.

Wonder if Ashley has actually realised we will soon have no players left?

Jonas, Duff and Smith leave:

Recognised* players

Goalkeepers:     Harper, Krul

Right-backs:     Taylor

Centre-backs:     Taylor, Coloccini

Left-backs:     Enrique

Right-midfielders:     Lua Lua

Centre-midfielders:     Barton, Guthrie, Nolan, Butt, Geremi

Left-midfielders:     No-one

Strikers:     Carroll, Ameobi, Xisco

*Criteria - No 'unknown quantities' (youth players, basically) / players in their correct 'out and out' positions

With no manager. Taylor, Enrique, Coloccini, Barton, Krul all very possible potential departurees too.

Wonder if Ashley has actually realised we will soon have no players left?

If Duff goes I hope it means that the sale of the club is imminent because that squad is scarily short of experience.  Needs investment in every area. 

Guest BooBoo

Daily Mail reporting it as Fulham now.

A la Championship Manager I- "....but Duff is not keen on the move." Hopefully.

Guest GAMMELL

Snap their f*ckin hand off, £4M and his ridiculously high wage off the books. Other side of the coin though is that most probably not a single cent will be invested in the squad from this sale leaving us absolutely thread bare 1st team wise. Aaaaggghhh!! I just don't know anymore  :weep:

Get rid. 

Can't beat a man, stops, turns round and then cuts inside, meanwhile the defender is on his arse hassling. 

Injured fairly regularly, high wage bracket, recouping most of the money in a 4m deal for a 30 year old who's legs have gone.

Sell.

For those worried about someone taking his place, 100% certain you would get more effort and speed out of one of the youngins.  Watching the resi's Baheng would be better than duff.

Players with wages like Duff's need to be sold on for the long term good of the club. A Championship club, even one as large as ours cannot sustain wages like that. This is also why players like Collocini, Barton, Smith & Butt need to be moved on. Clearly they need to be replaced, but I can't see that happening.

I'm guessing if we sold Duff, Lua-Lua would be the replacement on the RW. Might get some width that way, something I though we lacked on the weekend.

I think, come 2nd September we will be playing with most of last season reserve team with a few high earners here and there. Which saddens me immensly.

it's hard to say, we're paper thin squad wise and he's our only scorer this season  :iamatwat: but £4m is a very good price.

i read somewhere that trappatoni was kinda putting the squeeze on him to leave, saying he'd only pick players playing in the highest division, a bit like how he kept bleating on @ given to leave newcastle...

Guest sicko2ndbest

Anyone thought it may be the hierachy putting these messages out for them to turn around and say look we are not selling all of our 'best' players

Anyone thought it may be the hierachy putting these messages out for them to turn around and say look we are not selling all of our 'best' players

Or, more worryingly, they end up going for less. Like the supposed £10million offer for Bassong.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/08/14/newcastle-united-belatedly-move-into-market-61634-24441113/

Hughton saying that he needs 2 or 3 in as things stand now without selling anyone else.

We need at least fucking 7

2 weeks to go and still nothing will happen like the the last few windows. We'll get oh we tried, we had bids for such and such but they wanted more then we're prepared to pay.

Fucking die you fat cunt ashley!  I Hate him so much

If I could be certain we were going to sign some players to fill the huge voids in the squad I'd say snap their hands off. Duff has been totally ineffective for a long time, and has looked a shadow of his former self from the moment he joined the club. There's a chance he could do a job in the Championship but we desperately need pace on the wings, and Duff doesn't provide that.