Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We really couldn't afford to lose him.

Something that strikes me from the article is a quote from Hodgson. "...has done well at Newcastle given the turmoil there."

It's good to see that even the managers of other teams think that playing for this Godforsaken club is a handicap on the players.

£24 million

For Bassong, Beye, Duff and Martins is great deal of business to be honest, just to bad we can't use that money to replace them instead of it going into Ashleys pocket.

Surely if we were actively seeking players we would have brought one or two others in this week. This Simpson signing indicates that he is going stright into the team with Taylor pushing foward. We've probably had him in mind for a while, but waiting for Jonas to leave rather than Duff.

Would have bitten someone's hand off for this last summer, but the way things are going he currently is better then what we have as back up - fuck all - and the cash isn't going to be going into the club.

Still, at least we've got a back-up right back for five months - only one year too late you stupid fat cunt.  We might get a back up left-sided full back next summer if we're lucky and if we're actually still in business.

Our defence wouldn't be too bad now if we got could keep what we have and managed to get in a centre back or two. Ideally Coloccini would leave with replacements brought in but its not gonna happen. I'd say we're well covered at full back now with Simpson, R.Taylor, Enrique and Kadar. Only problem is we're so short on numbers everywhere else.

Considering we only have target playing strikers why dont we go for a 4-3-3?

Seriously.

We could see

Krul

Simpson/Raylor Taylor Colo Enrique

Butt/Smith

Barton        Nolan/Smith

Lua Lua                          Jonas

Carrol

Wouldn't this work pretty good in this league, we wont score a lot but we would definetely not concede a lot and would promote taking into consideration no one got injured for a longer period of time.

Or is this to much Mourinho style and to much FM for me????

Guest mikefin

It's good to see that even the managers of other teams think that playing for this Godforsaken club is a handicap on the players.

It is. This club has been a joke since SBR and its getting worse every day. There is no chance for individual success or any other kind of success before that Ashley f**k, and all his f***ing stupid motherfuckers with or around him are long gone. After that there is even some kind of possibility, that someone with even somekind of sense or ability can actually make something right. Now it seems that this club is going to deep down, and there is no way out of this misery.

£24 million

For Bassong, Beye, Duff and Martins is great deal of business to be honest, just to bad we can't use that money to replace them instead of it going into Ashleys pocket.

Exactly! I thought they wouldn't go even for free and we actually managed to make some nice profit considering how much we played them and most of all we've got rid of the huge wages.

How about Michael McIndoe as Duff's replacement?

Krul

Simpson/Raylor Taylor Colo Enrique

Butt/Smith

Barton         Nolan/Smith

Lua Lua                          Jonas

Carrol

Or is this to much Mourinho style and to much FM for me????

I doubt Mourinho would be there now where he is if he had to plan with Butt as his most important player of the team!

Manager Roy Hodgson has confirmed Fulham are closing in on Newcastle winger Damien Duff.

Fulham have offered Newcastle £4million for the Republic of Ireland international, who became a regular at Blackburn when Hodgson took over at Ewood Park in 1997.

Hodgson rates Duff highly and the 30-year-old is keen to move back to west London where he spent three years with Chelsea.

"The clubs are talking and I hope the deal will go through. He's a player that interests us," he said. "Damien and I go back a long way from when we worked together at Blackburn. He wants to come back to west London.

"Damien had injury problems at Chelsea and has done well at Newcastle given the turmoil there.

"Every time he's played for Ireland he's consistently been one of their best performers. We know what we'd be getting with Damien - he's an experienced and quality player."

Lies.

Guest mikefin

£4m for a 30 yr old on massive wages is pretty good tbh. If we couldn't afford to keep oba because his wages were too high, I don't see how we could justify keeping Duff either.

Yes. But do you honestly think that there will be replacement. There won't.

That ugly fuck has raised his hands up, and now he's trying to sell everything he can to cut his losses. He dont give a fuck if he put this club to bed when doing that.

We really couldn't afford to lose him.

Something that strikes me from the article is a quote from Hodgson. "...has done well at Newcastle given the turmoil there."

Its good to see that there are managers deluded enough to give us such amazing deals.  The only way Duff could have done worse for us in his time here is if he had a shit in our 6 yard box at the beginning of every game.

£4m for a 30 yr old on massive wages is pretty good tbh. If we couldn't afford to keep oba because his wages were too high, I don't see how we could justify keeping Duff either.

Yes. But do you honestly think that there will be replacement. There won't.

That ugly fuck has raised his hands up, and now he's trying to sell everything he can to cut his losses. He dont give a fuck if he put this club to bed when doing that.

I made the same point wrt Oba...that I didn't think he would be replaced and that remark is more for the benefit of people who were justifying the sale then. This is no different so if it was the right thing to do then, it's the right thing to do now.

Personally I'd rather have kept everyone because we'd be getting promoted but obviously the priority is to cull the wages.