Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The income that will be lost by not returning the premiership this season (£30m at least) is far greater than the cost of keeping hold of the players who might be capable of getting promoted.

Selling Duff and Taylor may save the club £15m or so but it’ll almost certainly end up costing us at the very least £30m, substantially more if we stay in the Championship past the end of the parachute payments.

What Ashley is doing doesn’t make any sense.  He’s cutting off his nose to spite his face!

Or alternatively we could sell Duff and invest the same money in a better player on a quarter of his wages.  Obviously that's unlikely to happen but if we're talking about what we should do that's it IMO.

Wonder if we might bring Lovenkrands back now?

Well worth a punt, before Rangers offer him a deal.

Cant see that happening, be highly suprised if he touched us with a barge pole after the treatment the club gave him after the season. He should have been offered a contract the day after Villa, if not earlier.

Wonder if we might bring Lovenkrands back now?

Well worth a punt, before Rangers offer him a deal.

Cant see that happening, be highly suprised if he touched us with a barge pole after the treatment the club gave him after the season. He should have been offered a contract the day after Villa, if not earlier.

He aint got any other options really, beggers can't be choosers and that works both ways.

Guest sicko2ndbest

List of players in order that i would like to see leave, based on value for money and footballing ability:

1. Butt

2. Colo

3. Nolan

4. Ameobi

5. Duff

6. Smith

7. RTaylor

8. Jonas

9. Enrique

10. Harper

11. Barton

12. Guthrie

13. STaylor

Guest sicko2ndbest

Damien Duff is expected to join the St James's Park exodus this weekend and join Fulham for pds 5 million after saying his goodbyes on Tyneside yesterday.

Mirror

Guest prestonj1989

Simpson is NOT a replacement. Simpson is a right-back, Ryan Taylor is a right-back. We needed another right-back. Ryan Taylor is not a winger; he's barely even a footballer.

Ashley or whoever may think he's a replacement but they're badly mistaken.

;D great quote

Guest JamesyJazz

So if Duff goes,followed by Jonas and possibly S.Taylor just how big a squad do we actualy have left to pick from?

List of players in order that i would like to see leave, based on value for money and footballing ability:

1. Butt

2. Colo

3. Nolan

4. Ameobi

5. Duff

6. Smith

7. RTaylor

8. Jonas

9. Enrique

10. Harper

11. Barton

12. Guthrie

13. STaylor

And Geremi?

So if Duff goes,followed by Jonas and possibly S.Taylor just how big a squad do we actualy have left to pick from?

2 keepers, 1 left back*, 1 centre half*, 2 right backs,  no left winger, 5 centre mids, no right winger, 3 strikers 1*

*Could be sold.

Guest prestonj1989

2 keepers, 1 left back*, 1 centre half*, 2 right backs,  no left winger, 5 centre mids, no right winger, 3 strikers 1*

*Could be sold.

Omg. Surely even fat Ashley will realise we can not be left with that.

:laugh:

I still believe this poll would be more like 70/30 towards selling him if he hadn't scored last week.

Tbh I think LuaLua deserves a run in the side, and probably should have been used more towards the end of last year. We're not in the position to hold him back, and admittedly based on not much I think he might surprise a few.

:laugh:

I still believe this poll would be more like 70/30 towards selling him if he hadn't scored last week.

Tbh I think LuaLua deserves a run in the side, and probably should have been used more towards the end of last year. We're not in the position to hold him back, and admittedly based on not much I think he might surprise a few.

Its not his goal its the situation