Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Soundas

Roy Hodgson has confirmed Damien Duff has travelled to London for a medical ahead of his proposed switch to Fulham.

Guest Taylor

Can't say much about Lua Lua due to lack of time on the pitch but I think we really need to wake up and realise we need the experienced players to get straight back to the prem even if it was these players who got us relegated. I am over the moon with the result but I just do not feel as confident as some people seem after certain moments in the game.

My mate reckons Duff could be coming back as Fulham won't meet his wage demands, don't know where he got it from like.

I was surprised that Fulham were able to meet his wages before he went down for talks, obviously they didn't realise just what a massive wedge he's on.

Would love him to stay for one more season and one more season alone (assuming we get promotion)

Problem is if he stays it won't be for one more season.  It'll be to the end of his contract, as nobody's going to buy him next year.  So that's over £7m in wages and at least a million loyalty bonus.  I know he is a valuable-ish player in this league, especially if the idiots in charge don't replace him.  But over £8m to keep him a player who's basically finished?, that makes me feel ill :undecided:

Exactly Teasy. £4m is an incredible offer for someone who's injury prone, lost his pace many moons ago and his trickery is shot now too.

I'd be inclined to push the fucker out elsewhere even though the squad is paper thin.

He's absolutely finished.

If the wage is a problem we'll contribute 20k a week or so; same will go for Colo and Geremi if we can get rid of them & Barton & Smith & Xisco & Jonas & Enrique et al.

We can afford to keep Taylor but then again keeping him makes far too much sense.

My mate reckons Duff could be coming back as Fulham won't meet his wage demands, don't know where he got it from like.

Thought it was a bit strange that he'd go to Fulham, seeing as they won't be able to pay him anywhere near what we do - but just assumed he was willing to take a pay cut to play in the premier league, which is fair play, good on him really.  Wouldn't be surprised if the wage ends up beign a stumbling block though/

Guest sicko2ndbest

Duff on verge of Fulham move

Damien Duff successfully completed a medical at Fulham this afternoon and is expected to finalise a €4.5million switch from Tyneside to Craven Cottage tomorrow.

The 30-year-old has spent three years at Newcastle after his move from Chelsea and is believed to be taking a pay cut in the region of 30 per cent, or around €26,000.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2009/0817/1224252769287.html

Lets hope this one finally goes through. I know it cuts our squad still further but it's a fantastic offer for a player that's been living off his past reputation for years, bleeding the club dry with his salary and is going to be worth next to nothing in a year's time.

Before the crap with Ashley selling up started, I'm pretty sure Duff would have been on most people's lists as deadwood we needed to clear out.

For me he'll always be remembered as the person who scroed the goal that sent us down. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out Damien, you'll not be missed.

Guest Geordiekev

I heard that he was a part of Shearers plans and has stalled the move until such time we are sold, the sale was to complete today but has been put on the back burner until Friday this week..