Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't care if he's in the Pope's plans, we can't afford to have him on the wage bill if he's on near enough 80,000 euros a week.

87,000 Euro's according to that article, who knows if that's true but if it is he's on £75,000 a week :kasper:

If the wage is a problem we'll contribute 20k a week or so; same will go for Colo and Geremi if we can get rid of them & Barton & Smith & Xisco & Jonas & Enrique et al.

We can afford to keep Taylor but then again keeping him makes far too much sense.

If we sell all them players who the fuck is going to play for us? Keeping them is our best chance of gettng promoted.

I don't care if he's in the Pope's plans, we can't afford to have him on the wage bill if he's on near enough 80,000 euros a week.

87,000 Euro's according to that article, who knows if that's true but if it is he's on £75,000 a week :kasper:

He's on £70k.

He's on £70k.

That's awful maths if the article is correct

He's on £70k.

That's what I thought, though that article disagrees.

Guest Geordiekev

In truth I'm talking shite, no idea what is happening to cause the delay. Just wanted to have a stab at a bullshit story like so many seem to be getting fed from ITKs.

I'm with you lot, he has to go and pronto... Never forgive him for his last goal of the prem..

Duff probably would be one of our better players in this league but we simply can't afford to keep him. Assuming that's £4m upfront and ALL of his wages off the wagebill we're in no position to reject the offer really. In that sense it's a good deal - plus I would have taken £4m for him without a doubt if we'd stayed up.

Problem is the squad size though, clearly. Need some bodies in.

:no: Nail in the coffin of any chance of promotion this year IMO

Really? Thought Duff's timing of his runs was gone last season in that he could not pick the ball up unless he was static. Since his greatest asset was once using his pace and directness to go past players, i thought his only decent attribute was lost forever.

If Hodgson can get his runs right, he might be a decent player for him but if he doesnt his general passing, positional play and shooting are not worth 1/4 of what he was being paid here. In this instance, without any recourse to wage reduction, the absolute sensible thing to do was to get 70k p/w off the wage bill and 4m in the bank.