Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If the fee mentioned is correct, then the club is getting a fantastic price for a player who had 'gone' when he joined NUFC. Nevertheless, the club are getting very thin on the ground for experienced players and if Taylor also goes(some say this will happen next Tuesday), the squad will be paper thin, both in quality and numbers.

Very few of the youngsters look ready so there will have to be signings, but with what ?

Clearly, these sales are aimed at reducing debt so that Moat(or whoever)can get backing from the Banks by showing the club's finances in a better light but that means that money will be tight for recruiting new players.

I reckon that the club is now in as bad a situation as it was after relegation in 1978, and possibly worse ;

at least we had a manager(McGarry)who, whilst not being the best around, had a fair bit of experience with success at both Ipswich and Wolves.He signed up players like Peter Withe from Forest as well as Alan Shoulder(a snip) from Blyth Spartans and even Chris Waddle just before he was fired.....

Consider the club's position now, with the possibility of Ashley having to keep it and maybe appointing Kinnear as manager again ; even if Moat takes over, there will not be much money for players so I reckon it will be a tough season ahead - whoever is manager will face a huge task in getting the club promoted before 2012.

Guest Phil K

We're f***ed. We're absolutely f***ed. Selling people with our small squad is suicide.

Ashley couldn't care less what damage he's doing to us.

I wouldn't have thought someone would take spite to such extremes.

It's a great deal for us, £4 million for a player long past his best. We can't forget just how much he has cost us on £70k a week as well - this time a year and a half ago we would have bitten their hands off (probably still are to be fair).

Time to us to play 4-3-3.

------------------- Krul

Simpson -- Taylor --Kadar -- Enrique

------ Barton -- Smith -- Nolan --------

----------------- Ameobi -----------------

---------- Ranger -- Carroll -------------

Ameobi in the hole?  Are you on acid?

I don't think this is a good transfer for us or Fulham.

They aren't getting the PL player you'd expect for £4m plus wages, while the earning of £4m plus saved wages is not going to make up for the revenue loss if we don't go back up.

It really is lose-lose.

He will fit in well on our left side, either in defence or attack.

We have players doing well in those slots (Paul Konchesky and Clint Dempsey). His task will be to knock one of them off their perch.

Will he?

Wtf..

How can he get away with saying things like that when we haven't even accepted a bid..

I wouldn't be surprised if he did well at Fulham.

I would be. He's finished as a premiership footballer. I've never seen him go past a player since he came here.

Everyone slags off Jonas - although quite rightly - but the reason he looked so bad, is that everything was going through him, as we weren't even bothering to use Duff as an option. Jonas takes the flak for failing to the byeline and crossing effectively, Duff doesn't even attempt to and avoids criticism.

Jonas is hopeless, but Duff is worthless. We're ripping Fulham off a treat if we get ay sort of money for him. He was f*cked when we bought him and has had a near career-endng injury during his time with us.

so much truth it should be framed and put on the wall

I second that. Every word is on the nail, and while Jonas has been getting shredded in the other thread, at least he doesn't hide. Neither of them are producing and I wouldn't be sorry to see either go tbh.

''News from Fratton Park where Fulham boss Roy Hodgson says his side have agreed a fee for Newcastle winger Damien Duff and the Republic of Ireland winger will be in west London for a medical very soon, if he hasn't had one already.''

Guest Stephen927

One of my more favourable players from the squad (not saying much) but I'd like to see Kazenga get a shot in the first team.

I say... £3 million and he can go.

Well, Fulham have offered £4m.