Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone want Butt?

Fag.

Bollocks, beaten too it.

:lol:

Good news about Duff though, was another waste of huge wages. I'd consider keeping him on £20k in the CCC, but since that would never happen getting £70 or whatever mental amount off the wage bill plus money in is a fantastic deal.

:no: Nail in the coffin of any chance of promotion this year IMO

If Oba was too expensive for the Championship so was Duff. There is no counter argument.

If you're happy to accept being in this division for a good few years, then you're right it was a good move.

If you're hopeful of getting straight back into the Premiership, then I fail to see how this can be seen as a positive. If he is replaced at all it will not be by anyone half as good, so the team is weakened by this move.

Anyone want Butt?

There are sites about for that kind of gay shit, please keep it off the forum and PM Yorkie directly.

:thup:

this something you've tried before?

You telling me you haven't Pm'd him yet?

Don't know what your missing.

:shifty:

Anyone want Butt?

There are sites about for that kind of gay shit, please keep it off the forum and PM Yorkie directly.

:thup:

this something you've tried before?

You telling me you haven't Pm'd him yet?

Don't know what your missing.

:shifty:

PM sent.  Pants are down.

:cheesy:

If Oba was too expensive for the Championship so was Duff. There is no counter argument.

If you're happy to accept being in this division for a good few years, then you're right it was a good move.

If you're hopeful of getting straight back into the Premiership, then I fail to see how this can be seen as a positive. If he is replaced at all it will not be by anyone half as good, so the team is weakened by this move.

Aye, because all the other promotion-chasing sides have £70k-a-week wingers on their books, fffs.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5497913,00.html

Fulham tie up Duff deal

Hodgson looking forward to working with winger again

Last updated: 18th August 2009

Fulham have completed the signing of Republic of Ireland winger Damien Duff for an undisclosed fee from Newcastle United.

Duff had emerged as a target for the Cottagers last week and the club have spent the past few days finalising a reported £4million deal.

The former Chelsea wide man has agreed a three-year contract with Roy Hodgson's side and is looking forward to playing in the Premier League again.

"I am happy that my move to Fulham has been completed and look forward to joining in with the rest of the squad's training programme immediately, in preparation for two important home matches this week," Duff told the club's official website.

"Fulham had a fantastic season last year and I know that having spoken to the manager in recent days that the club's ambitions remain high and I am looking forward to the challenges ahead."

Duff played under Hodgson during his early days at Blackburn Rovers and the Fulham boss is keen to work with the 30-year-old again.

Hodgson said: "I am delighted to add a player of Damien Duff's calibre to our squad, and welcome the further midfield options he provides us with.

"I have known Damien for over a decade since he broke into the first team at Blackburn when I was manager, so I'm fully aware of his qualities and I am looking forward to working with him again."

Aye, because all the other promotion-chasing sides have £70k-a-week wingers on their books, fffs.

The only thing we have as an advantage in this division is our midfield.

forget the fact that he could be useful at this level, but its a good fee for a player who will be worth even less at the end of this season if we didn't go up..

he's never quite lived up to expectations here...good luck with him Fulham..I expect an injury within 3 weeks

I agree, but I just don't think we need an hugely overpaid, underperforming, injury-prone player to aid our cause. We need good team players who are going to play 45 games. You think Burnley had a Damien Duff?

I agree, but I just don't think we need an hugely overpaid, underperforming, injury-prone player to aid our cause. We need good team players who are going to play 45 games. You think Burnley had a Damien Duff?

Exactly. Can't believe that still even after relegation people haven't woken up...