Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

£4m for a player we paid £5m for a few years ago isn't bad. The problem is he probably won't be replaced. I'm not a fan of Duff's but he may be quite good in the Championship. I can't see how we are going to get promotion if we keep selling players and don't replace them. Assuming Ashley is stuck with the club, does he seriously think we can gain promotion with a mega thin squad made up of kids and reserve team players? Even if the club did try to replace Duff, Ashley is of the 'take the money now, sell the player then 'worry' about trying to replace him' mindset.

Guest BooBoo

I suppose it's only "good money" if we can reinvest and bring replacements in. Which we won't.

Its a choice between keeping a player and the Fat Twat pocketing a wedge then i'd take the former every time.

I get a funny feeling the people saying "keep him" are basing it on the fact he scored our first goal of the season :lol:

Or the fact that we have no one else, and no prospects of getting anybody else.

I've despised Duff most of the time but he was the one of the only players that showed bottle near the end of last season. Thought he did well at left back, the OG was quite unlucky. Injuries fucked him and he's now a pale shadow of the player he used to be.

For £4m take the money. A huge 50k p/w off the wagebill and all.

Mixed feelings about this one. £4m is a very good price for him and it would be a huge help to the wage bill. On the other hand the squad is far too thin and we don't look like replacing anyone at the minute. The worry is that its very likely that Jonas will leave so if we let both of them go that leaves us with no wingers  :lol:

Guest BooBoo

With eevery outgoing our chances ofgoing up receed. Its obvious we will not be replacing anyone going out so no point wanting them out.

Eggsactly.

This transfer window has to be stopped , we are going to be losing even more players and the season has already started . What the fuck is the point of starting a league in a transfer window when maybe the first 4 fixtures could basically be a waste of time and have no significance whatsoever.

I'm not sure if he will want to leave actually unless its an established Premiership team. He is on very good money here and he doesn't need to be playing in the Premiership to get in the Ireland team. He seems happy enough here as well

I was hoping we'd keep him to be honest, but that's good money for him...

If we sell him we can't afford to sell Jonas, but who would replace Duff on the wing?  Geremi....?

Jonas on thr left, Kazenga on the right I guess.  Then when Jonas goes... play 3 in the centre and an AM I guess.

Would like to keepDuff, he is one of the high earners who I actually think will try to live up to his high wage.

The situation is so bad that I can't even get excited about this. That says something.

Why couldn't we have had offers for this wanker in previous summers before we flogged Charles N'Zogbia? Fucking typical. :dave: