Steven Taylor: I'm staying

Crumpy Gunt

We've sold far better players than Steven Taylor in the past as well btw. So even in our current plight anyone who has "had enough" because of this is welcome to go as far as I am concerned.

Thats a pretty moronic thing to say at this point in time.

I doubt those who've "had enough" really have, theyre just expressing their dispair.

I also wouldnt massively judge people negatively for having fallen out of love with football recently after having this fat clown consistantly f*** up any hopes we could possibly have of enjoying football once again.

Probably best to get off your high horse.

He's absolutely right though. We're going through the shite again and we'll come out of the other side again too. 

You mean like Leeds, Forest, Sheff Weds, Southampton etc?

No, like we did 17-18 years ago

When Jayson was just 4 years old. So in fairness, he's not seen this shit happen before and is panicking and buying into the Doomsday scenario that all the doom-mongers are wallowing in right now.

We've sold far better players than Steven Taylor in the past as well btw. So even in our current plight anyone who has "had enough" because of this is welcome to go as far as I am concerned.

:thup: if the rats want off then fuck them. we'll just go down with the ship alone.

also, if he leaves after saying this then he'll deserve the abuse he'll get....

"I keep hearing about players leaving St James' Park should we go down and my name has been bandied about, but I am going nowhere. I am a Geordie and Newcastle United is my team and I am staying put whatever happens."

Have you ever said a bad word about Mike? Always someone else's fault isn't it?

Guest Wally_McFool

Bigger picture is here is that if all of the better assets are moved on and we are left with the dross/youth team then this season becomes a real struggle. People could begin to stay away from games and when the club is still losing money hand over foot, then the administration word comes to the fore again. Ashley won't put any more of his own cash into keeping us going, so when there's nothing left to sell..... you do the maths.

Its starting to look that way... yet again.

:thup: if the rats want off then fuck them. we'll just go down with the ship alone.

"I keep hearing about players leaving St James' Park should we go down and my name has been bandied about, but I am going nowhere. I am a Geordie and Newcastle United is my team and I am staying put whatever happens."

Alan Smith once said he'd never play for Manchester United.

Guest The Libertine

as ever, classic logic. have you ever made a post that isnt deeply depressing and filled with rage? grrrr innit.

the main gripe i have IN THIS THREAD ON THIS SPECIFIC SUBJECT is this...

"im not leaving ever! *beats chest*"

"taylor in talks with everton"

Guest The Libertine

and look how hated he is at leeds. fans dont forget this shit.

as ever, classic logic. have you ever made a post that isnt deeply depressing and filled with rage? grrrr innit.

the main gripe i have IN THIS THREAD ON THIS SPECIFIC SUBJECT is this...

"im not leaving ever! *beats chest*"

"taylor in talks with everton"

What do you think of Mike Ashley and the job he's done at NUFC?

"As ever, classic logic" - aye I wish I was smart like you, licking Ashley's hoop all season while he took us down.

and look how hated he is at leeds. fans dont forget this shit.

Exactly the same like, our rivalry with Everton is ferocious.

So, will we be able to field a team on Saturday?

My guess would be Harper, Simpson, Shit Taylor, Shit Argie, Enrique, Lua Lua, Smith, Nolan, Jonas, Ameobi, Carroll.  Fuck knows who's going to be on the bench - better hope some of our fans take thier kit with them.  Take Shit Argie and Jonas out of that as they're next on the out list and Hughton and Thompson are on the field next weekend.

I doubt those who've "had enough" really have, theyre just expressing their dispair.

I also wouldnt massively judge people negatively for having fallen out of love with football recently after having this fat clown consistantly f*** up any hopes we could possibly have of enjoying football once again.

He's absolutely right though. We're going through the s**** again and we'll come out of the other side again too. 

When Jayson was just 4 years old. So in fairness, he's not seen this s*** happen before and is panicking and buying into the Doomsday scenario that all the doom-mongers are wallowing in right now.

I just dont blame anyone for giving up at this point. Atall.

Watching football isnt about consistant frustration and despair. There has to be up points & yes we've had some recently. We now face a season like the last of that all being thrown away & everyone just moaning endlessly about how crap it all is. It takes away the point of it all. I dont think many of us have a choice in going through that, but i certainly wouldnt think people who wanted to sit it out for a bit were twats.

Regardless of whether he wants away or not, at the moment we simply do not have the personnel to allow one of our two central defenders with first team experience leave.

It doesn't matter how much money is involved, if Ashley wants to sell Taylor then he absolutely has to purchase a suitable replacement before Taylor goes anywhere.

Regardless of whether he wants away or not, at the moment we simply do not have the personnel to allow one of our two central defenders with first team experience leave.

It doesn't matter how much money is involved, if Ashley wants to sell Taylor then he absolutely has to purchase a suitable replacement before Taylor goes anywhere.

Why does he have to?

FWIW, it would be a terrific sign of solidarity and determination if Ashley, or whoever is in fucking charge, told Everton to fuck off.

Haha, we'll be lucky if they confirm the fee once he's gone.

Guest The_Scoreboard

Fuck me, I feel like crying, I feel sick in the stomach. when you think things are looking not too bad getting rid of 10 players and still get 7 pts out of 9 they go and allow one of our die hardest players to leave. he might not be valued by every fan but Fook me he's a trier and one of the most inspiring players on the pitch every game and gets on with it. they had better have someone lined up to take his place with the cash but i'm pretty sure its gonna go straight into that c*nts pocket. :angry:

Re: Taylor's London heritage, maybe Ashley thinks "you fat cockney b******, get our of our club" was aimed at ST. Actually wouldn't surprise me, the brain dead f***.

:lol: I wouldn't put it past him :(

Fuck me, I feel like crying, I feel sick in the stomach. when you think things are looking not too bad getting rid of 10 players and still get 7 pts out of 9 they go and allow one of our die hardest players to leave. he might not be valued by every fan but Fook me he's a trier and one of the most inspiring players on the pitch every game and gets on with it. they had better have someone lined up to take his place with the cash but i'm pretty sure its gonna go straight into that c*nts pocket. :angry:

:thup:

I know he gets some stick but in this situation he can't be sold. The chances of getting a decent replacement in are fuck all

Im sorry Ashley, but if you was found dead tomorrow, i would book first flight to Newcastle, dance naked in the street, grab a Brown ale, and take the first flight back to Norway....

He have to be the most fucked up person ever, hes decision making is so far beyond anything ever seen.., He should get in the Guiness book of record for biggest fuckup ever.

/rant over, needed to get the steam off...

I will be very very sad if Taylor goes, kick in the groin... :-[

He's absolutely right though. We're going through the shite again and we'll come out of the other side again too. 

No, like we did 31 years ago

I don't even rate Taylor as highly as some do here but when you consider him and Bassong were young hopefuls starting regularly in our back four last season it's pretty staggering that they are now both as good as gone. It's not like they were massive wage burdens either.