Newcastle United 3 - 0 Reading - 15/08/09 - post match reaction from page 22

JH

Fairly confident.

We're looking lively.

Smith, Barton, Nolan, Jonas, Enrique, and Taylor are all performing.

Our height in the box is causing them problems even if we lack quality.

They haven't tested us really. Unless we drop another bollock I can see a 2-0 win.

Playing some really, really nice football - then some thoroughly shocking football. We need two buy a couple of wingers like - the main problem is that there's no balance. Barton doens't know where he's meant to be.

Lua Lua on asap tbh. Carroll and Enrique have been excellent... what an outstanding cross. Shola was utterly woeful aside from the goal.

based on what mate?

the Shola on a bicycle eating an apple photo needs to be posted again in tribute to his excellent skills

should be shola's trademark goal celebration.  a blow up bicycle and an apple on standby by the sidelines.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/4/39/0,,10278~6437124,00.jpg

We had the better I think. Although we do dominate, Reading do have the odd good spell. Jonas much improved this week, but Enrique was player of the first half. Shola is my FF captain and I have Enrique too :)

Lua Lua on asap tbh. .

Aye, we'd have a winger and Barton wouldn't be wasted any more.

Dream talk though... as if Hughton will be making any constructive or logical subs.

If we get another LB in, Enrique could make a class LW. He's not amazing in defence but great going forward.

Award for biggest Knee jerk of the  day

I hope I get a medal.

I've been thinking this for a while actually, especially after the way he played going forward against WBrom.

He was easily one of the best defensive left-backs in the Premiership last year.

Easily? :lol: No way.

Name me a few left-backs who are defensively better than Enrique then. Go on.

Evra, Cole and who else? Clichy? Weak. Aurelio? Shit. Baines, Shorey, Bridge? I'd take Enrique over any of 'em.

I wouldn't, Bridge especially, he's class on his day.

Anyway, can't wait for the 2nd half now. :laugh:

It is strange how Ameobi spends 87 minutes of the match being embarassingly crap. Then the other 3 mins hes doing things that actually do end up determining the result.

Last week he partly set up the goal, saved us from going behind then when Krul flapped on the corner & took harper out of it lol

Today hes put us in the lead.

Surrendering ground, same as last year, luckily the opposition this year aren't as adept at taking advantage. KEEP THE FUCKING PRESSURE HIGH UP THE PITCH. God, kills me to see Smith and Nolan standing next to Colo and Taylor just allowing them to cross with all the time in the world.

If we get another LB in, Enrique could make a class LW. He's not amazing in defence but great going forward.

I hope I get a medal.

I've been thinking this for a while actually, especially after the way he played going forward against WBrom.

He was easily one of the best defensive left-backs in the Premiership last year.

Evra, Cole and who else? Clichy? Weak. Aurelio? Shit. Baines, Shorey, Bridge? I'd take Enrique over any of 'em.

When was the last time he was on his day, though? When Ranieri was still there?

Bridge is the past, Enrique is the future :snod:

oh come on shola is still crap, i mean yes he scored but he was still off target lol.   watch the replay,  he headed it and it hit the ground and bounced into the goal,  haha.    :kinnear:

Are you being serious? :dowie:

I hope I get a medal.

When was the last time he was on his day, though? When Ranieri was still there?

Bridge is the past, Enrique is the future :snod:

Yesterday. Me and him had a kick about in the park he was incredible.

Now let's move on and talk about us actually winning a game. :pow:

I'm really enjoying this, I'm obviously crapping my pants every time reading get in to our half. Though I like the decent ref, no over the top player antics. Obviously we don't want to stay in this league, but it looks like its going to be far more interesting and enjoyable than past seasons.

Both teams are crap as each other in front of goal, but it's been a decent half.

We're playing and making chances which is the positive thing. Jonas should have buried one, and there were a few others as well.

We definitely improved after the goal, the play looked really good leading up to half time, but they've had a spell as well.

Shola is one luckiest b******, but he took his goal in typical Shola style.

Enrique's having a good game, he could become vital. Stevie Taylor looks up for it, Colocinni hasn't been THAT bad, Jonas looks alright, Barton's let me down a bit, and Smith has been shocking. He could have, and should have, been sent off in the first half.

If we start the second half the way we finished the first, we could get a few. We just have to keep them out at the same time.

Played well so far, but some changes need to happen soon if we don't see improvements.

Barton has been poor I thought, no presense on the right of midfield, Ameobi awful as always but nicely "fluked" goal, Coloccini and Raylor looking shakey as ever.

Lualua on for Barton and Ranger for Ameobi with about 25-30 left I reckon.

Guest firetotheworks

I feel a bit sorry for Hughton because of the reasons we've already mentioned several times over, and in large he's blameless. But if he doesnt take Smith off and then he gets sent off then that wont be the case anymore for me.

Played well so far, but some changes need to happen soon if we don't see improvements.

Barton has been poor I thought, no presense on the right of midfield, Ameobi awful as always but nicely "fluked" goal, Coloccini and Raylor looking shakey as ever.

Lualua on for Barton and Ranger for Ameobi with about 25-30 left I reckon.

dont think it us playing well , more of Reading being completely shite,  we bullied them with our thugs in barton nolan and smith.  they are scared.

anyone know what radio station this is on? been looking for ages and now this forum is lagging

its 1-0 yeah with fannyobi scoring?

NOt sure but I Think THe Radio Station Formerly Known As Century has it on.

Real Radio.

ah thanks, checking for it now :)