Shearer And Dowie.

Crumpy Gunt

Have to say this crossed my mind too. They were paid a wage by NUFC and should have had the good manners and professionalism not to throw names at their 'pals' in the event they weren't reappointed.

Shocking behaviour iyam.

read what? Update plz.

"When we played Newcastle last year I spoke to Iain Dowie and Alan Shearer after the game and they spoke about the team, they were in desperate trouble," Redknapp said.

"Iain said if they didn't stay at the club and one player did become available, Sebastien was the player to take. They couldn't have recommended him any higher.

"Alan as well. He said 'if I stay at the club there is no way he'll ever leave'. Alan didn't get the job and he (Bassong) was the first person we went for. He's a young player with a fantastic future."

Guest Stephen927

Harry makes it sound like Dowie just said it to him out of the blue. Redknapp was probably asking after him, Dowie said he was very good then Shearer said no way would he sell if he got the job. I don't think it's anything more than that.

Guest schmuck

I wonder what the comments would be like if it was Kinnear instead of Shearer & Dowie :lol:

Exactly, I doubt anyone would be scratching around for rationalisations and reasons why this was OK if it was anyone else