Dave Jones

ianovthetoon

Dave Jones can f*** off tbh. There's better options.

Like who?

O'Leary, Curbishley, Strachan, Shearer.

O'Leary - out of the game for years

Curbishley - left West Ham for the same reasons Keegan left here

Strachan - I'd say there's not much between them & I'd rather Dave Jones of the two

Shearer - presumably because he's a former player?  Nothing to suggest he's a better option than Dave Jones at the minute.  He is in fact more of a risk.

If the worst case scenario was happening - ie, Ashley taking it off the market - i'd be very satisfied with Jones. Doubt there's anything in this though... i genuinely think we're moving forward with the takeover now.

Dave Jones can f*** off tbh. There's better options.

Like who?

O'Leary, Curbishley, Strachan, Shearer.

O'Leary - out of the game for years

Curbishley - left West Ham for the same reasons Keegan left here

Strachan - I'd say there's not much between them & I'd rather Dave Jones of the two

Shearer - presumably because he's a former player?  Nothing to suggest he's a better option than Dave Jones at the minute.  He is in fact more of a risk.

I'd still prefer them 4 to Jones. O'Leary has been out of the game 3 years, hardley a lifetime. Dave Jones coming would suggest the club has been taken off the market or the club has been bought as he wouldnt come on an interim basis so if the club had been sold Curbishley would come and would be a fantastic appointment. Though I doubt he'd want to work under Ashley but you never know. Strachan is the same age as Jones and achieved much more. I'd rather have Shearer because he knows the squad and judging what they've been saying they want him here, plus I think he will make a good manager given enough time.

Dave Jones has proved to be a pretty good manager in this league like. He's played a huge part in making Wolves what they are at the moment. It gradually ebbed away from him there but he built a quality side for the Championship and got them promoted.

IF cashley stays I would much prefare a manager who will be available for free and know their tenure is at the beginning this season only, anything after that is down to performance and impressing.

In my head I really think Aidy Bothroyd is a good candidate, has the experience at this level, seems to have good passion and certainly would have a personal point to prove.

Give him the gig, tell him its a year and it will be looked at at end of season, if we get promoted he may have impressed enough to get a longer contract, if not then he will not be short of offers after taking us up, win win really!

BTW, Gordon Strachan is a horrible little scroat of a man and a very poor manager with it, his only achievements were in glasgow when he won the title a few times during an extremely bad time for rangers, please remem his record in england before you recommend him for us!

IF cashley stays I would much prefare a manager who will be available for free and know their tenure is at the beginning this season only, anything after that is down to performance and impressing.

In my head I really think Aidy Bothroyd is a good candidate, has the experience at this level, seems to have good passion and certainly would have a personal point to prove.

Give him the gig, tell him its a year and it will be looked at at end of season, if we get promoted he may have impressed enough to get a longer contract, if not then he will not be short of offers after taking us up, win win really!

BTW, Gordon Strachan is a horrible little scroat of a man and a very poor manager with it, his only achievements were in glasgow when he won the title a few times during an extremely bad time for rangers, please remem his record in england before you recommend him for us!

I think Aidy Boothroyd's got a lot of potential but think this job is too big for him at the minute.

One thing Jones would have is experience, and he's better than JFK, but Jesus - is this what we've come to?

I think this is a nothing story, but FWIW, he would be a solid choice if the sale of the club doesn't go through. He knows this division well and he's got the authority that all the half decent managers need. I wouldn't be devastated if it came to it.

He wont leave Cardiff. He has no need to unless it's purely financial.

Ambition to manage a big club? Restoring a former giant to glory isn't a bad feather in your cap.

Only if we are taken over and he is the choice. He won't come under Ashley is what I was getting at.

He wont leave Cardiff. He has no need to unless it's purely financial.

Ambition to manage a big club? Restoring a former giant to glory isn't a bad feather in your cap.

Only if we are taken over and he is the choice. He won't come under Ashley is what I was getting at.

Doubt he's alone in that, looking at the state of the bloke.

Are the people who don't want Jones, Strachan etc not wanting them because of things to do with the structure and how they'd fit in, or are they flat-out not wanting them? If it's the latter I despair.

Are the people who don't want Jones, Strachan etc not wanting them because of things to do with the structure and how they'd fit in, or are they flat-out not wanting them? If it's the latter I despair.

Why?  You'd want someone like Dave Jones at your club long term?  If we do ever get promoted he's hardly gonna storm the PL.  At least with Shearer we don't know if he'll be good or bad yet, with Jones we already know he's not a great manager.

God help us for wanting a manager to be proud of.

Why?  You'd want someone like Dave Jones at your club long term?  If we do ever get promoted he's hardly gonna storm the PL.  At least with Shearer we don't know if he'll be good or bad yet, with Jones we already know he's not a great manager.

God help us for wanting a manager to be proud of.

I never said anything about him being a 5 year appointment. IMO he'd do a pretty good job for you this season, a better one than Hughton put it that way.

If he was a manager with no experience at all then perhaps but I fail to understand this 'we're better than Jones and Strachan' mentality.

Always liked Jones, he hasnt always had luck on his side, he was doing well with Southampton when all the rubbish about him was brought up and set him back a few years.

Not exactly an awe inspiring appointment if it ever happened, would be a solid one though IMO.

Really, saved Coventry from relegation in his first job, granted he couldnt help Coventry the second year, but saving Southampton from relegation and taking them into Europe doesnt exactly count as a fuck up in my eyes. Took them to the FA cup final aswell didnt he?

He is thick skinned and used to over demanding fans, has worked with big (named) players and took Celtic into the last 16 of the Champions League twice.. I dont think he would be phased by the job here and would certainly be as good a bet as any name mentioned so far.

Who do you want in charge?

Always liked Jones, he hasnt always had luck on his side, he was doing well with Southampton when all the rubbish about him was brought up and set him back a few years.

Not exactly an awe inspiring appointment if it ever happened, would be a solid one though IMO.

Really, saved Coventry from relegation in his first job, granted he couldnt help Coventry the second year, but saving Southampton from relegation and taking them into Europe doesnt exactly count as a fuck up in my eyes. Took them to the FA cup final aswell didnt he?

He is thick skinned and used to over demanding fans, has worked with big (named) players and took Celtic into the last 16 of the Champions League twice.. I dont think he would be phased by the job here and would certainly be as good a bet as any name mentioned so far.

Who do you want in charge?

Was it not Strachan who took whem to the cup final?