Newcastle United 1 - 0 Sheff Weds - 19/08/09 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

Well a wins a win so GET THE FUCK IN!!

Not as good as Saturday but Shef gave it a go way more than Reading than did, Shola took his goal very well, good chest control and ealy hit before the keeper was set.

Pissed to soo Jonas & Colo both not bothering to celebrate the goalm pissed off Xisco came on for Carroll and not Ranger. Nile showed more than Xisco did.

A striker gets 1 on 1 with a CB ans takes the ball wide, what the fk is that all about? he was not running the clock down, Nile would have drove for goal.

Simpson was quiet but did his job, needs to push on more, for then Jermaine Johnson was class by far their best player.

Great finish by Shola my only bad comment about him is the amount of times he gets caught of side because he stops playing when he/the team loses the ball needs to focus a bit more I reckon. Random question but my mate told me that Vuckic hasn't even got a number this season. Checking my program I couldn't find the lad does this mean he can't play this season or some such?

Great finish by Shola my only bad comment about him is the amount of times he gets caught of side because he stops playing when he/the team loses the ball needs to focus a bit more I reckon. Random question but my mate told me that Vuckic hasn't even got a number this season. Checking my program I couldn't find the lad does this mean he can't play this season or some such?

He can be given one at a later date if needed.

The onlt bitof real quality tonight was Sholas goal. Got out of jail because I was certain Jeffers would put that one away towards the end, not so much a good save by Harper but an extremely poor finish by Jeffers.

We sat back second half.

I must have counted about 4 crosses if that all game; we were pathetic on the wings.

Agree with Crumpy, Shola's goal was the only real quality of the game.

We were shite second half, and last ten minutes in particular; we slipped back into our old ways.

Referee missed blatant penalty in the first half.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I must have counted about 4 crosses if that all game; we were pathetic on the wings.

We were s**** second half, and last ten minutes in particular; we slipped back into our old ways.

Blatant for us?

We were shite second half, and last ten minutes in particular; we slipped back into our old ways.

I looked at the clock on about 84 minutes and thought... ahhh this is more like the Newcastle I know (bricking it late on).

We were s**** second half, and last ten minutes in particular; we slipped back into our old ways.

Blatant for us?

Aye, handball. Nolan may have kicked it to him but his arm was stretched out and he made no attempt to get it out of the way.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Just got back from the match here are my observations.

We were lucky to win that it was a very even game in which they dominated possession for periods of the game. We were ineffective on the ground it's a good thing we at least have Carol and Ameobi to dominate in the air.

Raylor isn't a winger I don't care what anyone says he is useless going forward.

Jonas was taken out of that game. They doubled up on him all the way through the match and as a result we could do fuck all while trying to play the ball on the ground especially as Raylor offered nothing going forward.

We NEED a creative midfielder.

Xisco is shit. He can't win the ball in the air which is the only way we create chances = Xisco is useless in this team.

Ranger was good for all of 10 the mins that he was on.

I doubt we'll win against Palace unless Joey's playing.

Can't argue with any of that. Our midfield were trerrible tonight.

Decent first half but poor second half, very sloppy and we couldn't have complained if they'd equalised. Pleased to get the job done though.

Yep. Great to see us perform bad and still get the points, last season we would most definitely have lost this in the 2nd half.

Just got back.

I said 'thats a championship game'.  Which it was.

Scrappy, no flow, hard fought.  

We were non existant second half, Shola looked tired, Carrol had a shite game and I had a feeling the way it was going, Smith would be sent off.  We were dying for fresh legs up front and someone to replace Smith.

Is it me or does Smith get victimised...instant yellow card for his challenge...was it that bad?  Didn't look to bad to me.

I honestly don't think Xisco did as bad as some people are making out.  He chased down the ball, won a few in the air and had a decent shot.  What do you want for 10minutes of a game?  

Good to see Nile get a run out and a decent reception.

Jonas had two on him all game...wish Enrique would overlap more, as they both look like a good combo on the left.

Raylor is shite on the wing...can't beat a man ala Duff.  

Crowd was in decent spirits...it was fucking BOILING in Level 7.  

They brought a big crowd considering its a Wednesday night.  Not saying they sang too much, but when they did they were good.  

Oh and the referee made some utterly bizzare decisions.

Alan Smith's still a total and utter liability btw.

Disagree I thought he did his job well won a fair few balls in the air and kept at them when they had the ball. He's never going to be a creative mid. Oh and he did his usual stupid challenge of the game which isn't great but as long as it's only one per game  O0

Unfortunately I can seeing doing more than one per game, regularly.

We have any amount of players who can play the holding role and I think that's the problem. We pick four midfielders and they all end up in the centre circle hoping someone else will drive forward.

Disagree I thought he did his job well won a fair few balls in the air and kept at them when they had the ball. He's never going to be a creative mid. Oh and he did his usual stupid challenge of the game which isn't great but as long as it's only one per game  O0

Unfortunately I can seeing doing more than one per game, regularly.

We can but hope!