Newcastle United 1 - 0 Sheff Weds - 19/08/09 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

Not doing bad for a team without a proper manager and in utter disarray off the field.

Apparently we played decent football in the first half and had a higher attendance than the mackems could muster against Chelsea.

Decent night.

Guest Phil K

Palace are a better team than either Reading or Wednesday.

They'll still be livid at that dud goal. Another win, and I'll start thinking maybe we MIGHT be able to bounce back against all adversity.

Just got back from the match here are my observations.

We were lucky to win that it was a very even game in which they dominated possession for periods of the game. We were ineffective on the ground it's a good thing we at least have Carol and Ameobi to dominate in the air.

Raylor isn't a winger I don't care what anyone says he is useless going forward.

Jonas was taken out of that game. They doubled up on him all the way through the match and as a result we could do fuck all while trying to play the ball on the ground especially as Raylor offered nothing going forward.

We NEED a creative midfielder.

Xisco is shit. He can't win the ball in the air which is the only way we create chances = Xisco is useless in this team.

Ranger was good for all of 10 the mins that he was on.

I doubt we'll win against Palace unless Joey's playing.

Guest sicko2ndbest

We were lucky to win that it was a very even game in which they dominated possession for periods of the game. We were ineffective on the ground it's a good thing we at least have Carol and Ameobi to dominate in the air.

Raylor isn't a winger I don't care what anyone says he is useless going forward.

Jonas was taken out of that game. They doubled up on him all the way through the match and as a result we could do f*** all while trying to play the ball on the ground especially as Raylor offered nothing going forward.

Xisco is s***. He can't win the ball in the air which is the only way we create chances = Xisco is useless in this team.

I would agree with this from what i heard :)

Just got back from the game, my first visit to St. James'Park.  The player that impressed me most was Jose Enrique, he will soon be sold if he keep performing. The only thing is that he needs to learn how to pass while he is running.

The game it self wasnt a good game, the ref. stopped the play to often imho. But what are we doing on freekicks on our own half? We put all the team on the left side, leaving he right side open with no players? Is it a tactic we are using? The second half we were like 3 times on the right hand side, just put a man out there...

It was a good atmosphere today :)

Jonas was taken out of that game. They doubled up on him all the way through the match and as a result we could do fuck all while trying to play the ball on the ground especially as Raylor offered nothing going forward.

Xisco is shit. He can't win the ball in the air which is the only way we create chances = Xisco is useless in this team.

That says more about the shitness of the midfield rather than Xisco tbh.