Newcastle United 1 - 0 Sheff Weds - 19/08/09 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

Jonas & Colo have given up IMO, this rumour that Ashley told the players that there would be no more player sales may be true, both looked really fkd off tonight.

Not celebrating the goal was a disgrace, come to think of itr did they celebrate on Saturday?

I've a photo of Coloccini jumping on Shola's back to celebrate the 2nd goal at the Gallowgate.

Jonas also ran over for a quick hug.

I had a fu*#ing nightmare of a day there. I'd got 36 tickets for two groups of people I work with. They have various health problems, like mental health, heart & joint problems. The free tickets we got from NUFC were in L7A in the Milburn stand....!

Just before half time one of the people I got tickets for had an angina attack, which later tunred into a small heart attack when in the first aid room at St James. I stayed with and wen down to the RVI with him to make sure he was ok. I'm shattered this morning, but because I gave the tickets out I feel like total s***...!

He'd taken his spray twice while sitting down on L7, but it was seven flights of stairs combined with the sheer heat up there that knocked him. When I got the tickets I just noticed it said 'Milburn Stand, Family Area' so I just assumend it would be down where I've had tickets before, much lower down. It wasn't till the day before I realised it was actually iin Level 7, but the email that was sent to the lass at NUFC explained the various health problems, so I just assumed they would be canny seats.

Feel like s*** this morning and I would imagine the guy who had the angina attack is feeling a lot of a lot worse.

:(

Wouldn't blame yourself like.  Sounds like a bit of a mare though.

Kevin Nolan impressed again in midfield

He did?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/6058103/Newcastle-edge-out-Sheffield-Wednesday-thanks-to-Shola-Ameobis-strike.html

Newcastle did not have everything their own way as Wednesday's midfield duo of James O'Connor and Darren Potter regularly outmanoeuvred Kevin Nolan and the erratic Alan Smith, to keep Coloccini and the impressive Steven Taylor on their toes.

He did?

Was he on the pitch?

Guthrie has to play.

Yep. Final piece of the jigsaw once fit.

We could do with a right winger if we are talking about final pieces in jigsaws. Yesterday we played a right back there, and on saturday a central midfielder.

He did?

Was he on the pitch?

Guthrie has to play.

Yep. Final piece of the jigsaw once fit.

Dunno about that but he'll certainly help

Guest guinness_fiend

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/19/championship-newcastle-united-sheffield-wednesday

Oh.  My.  God.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/19/championship-newcastle-united-sheffield-wednesday

Oh.  My.  God.

Can't argue with any of that. :dontknow:

I think he was talking about this:

I'm very much enjoying the challenge so far and I'm very happy to continue until further notice. If that turns out to be a long period I'd be very happy.

Am I the only one who thought that Ryan Taylor actually wasn't terrible and had a half-decent game? Everyone seems to be slagging off his performance but I thought, particularly in the first half, he worked his socks off. He tracked back and closed down their left back well and put in quite a few successful challenges, his set pieces were in the most part pretty good and his final ball may have been lacking at times but in the most part I think people have been overly critical of what I thought was a decent shift he put in.