Chris Hughton

Keefaz

He's still a crap manager Hughton, no matter how many manager awards he wins.  :lol:

The squad he has is head and shoulders above any other in the league so we should be bloody top.  The problem we've got is that things such as Jonas' motivation problems, Ranger/Carroll naivety, Taylor/Colo rushes of blood to the head will never be remedied under Hughton.  All this talk about giving him to the end of the season is rubbish in my opinion, AND I KNOW IT WONT HAPPEN, but we a manager a.s.a.p.  I don't know what's going to happen next season (Ashley and Hughton here? Ashley and A.N.Other? Shearer and Moat?) but whatever the scenario a new manager should be given as much time to sort out his team and tactics for the PL.  No doubt Ashley will leave an appointment to the last minute, if he makes one at all.

What a mess.

PS: keep up the good work Chris!  O0 :lol:

Don't think he's doing a lot wrong tbh. These are the players we've got and the results are probably as good as could be expected from them.

:thup: - today was just the players underperforming a bit, nothing really to do with his team selection imo. He made decentish subs (if maybe 10 mins later than my liking) as well.

Guest toonlass

Being a manager is more than team selection and subs though, it's his job to make sure the players don't underperform!

Was no shortage of effort though (bar Jonas).

Agreed. Jonas was the weak link today and was taken off. Butt was the weak link on Wednesday and Hughton took him off, and in the programme today Butt says he wasn't happy to be taken off, so I bet he wasn't happy being left out today but at least Hughton has the cajones to drop an underperforming captain, unlike the manager last season who allowed our captain then to take the piss effort wise.

Being a manager is more than team selection and subs though, it's his job to make sure the players don't underperform!

You've got to admit that, whilst Hughton is doing alright in difficult circumstances, he isn't a good manager though?  You wouldn't him him full time would you?  And there's gotta be a reason for that.

You've got to admit that, whilst Hughton is doing alright in difficult circumstances, he isn't a good manager though?  You wouldn't him him full time would you?  And there's gotta be a reason for that.

Aye, I agree with all of that. I think in the circumstances, he's doing okay (better than I thought) and it's fair enough he gets praise for that. Having said that, I'm probably the biggest Hughton sympathiser on here.

Guest toonlass

Has anyone said that they want him for our permanant manager?

He is doing a grand job considering the state of the club, but you, me and he knows that no-one wants him as permanant manager. He is far happier being an assistant, but until Ashley sorts something out by way of a manager he isn't doing too bad a job.

Hughton deserves all the credit coming his way considering the circumstances, but a decent manager would certainly have this set of players beating the likes of QPR and Bristol City at home.

As cp40 has said a number of times, we really could piss this league if we sorted ourselves out. Unfortunately that looks distant at present.

Has anyone said that they want him for our permanant manager?

Ashley?  ;D

Hughton deserves all the credit coming his way considering the circumstances, but a decent manager would certainly have this set of players beating the likes of QPR and Bristol City at home.

As cp40 has said a number of times, we really could piss this league if we sorted ourselves out. Unfortunately that looks distant at present.

I'm not sure about that tbh. Is any manager going to give Gutierrez a good delivery? Or Butt and Nolan a new pair of legs? The players who are turning in consistently good performances are the likes of Steve Taylor, Colo and Smith and that's because they are better than the opposition at this level. The rest of them I'm not sure it's possible to get much more from them. Guthrie maybe, but his lack of authority is worrying.

Good post.