Chris Hughton

Keefaz

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/22/chris-hughton-newcastle-united-championship

Mike Ashley, Newcastle's owner, is effectively conceding temporary defeat in his efforts to sell the club and finally talking to Hughton about a £250,000-a-year deal, plus a modest January transfer budget.

They're lying to you, Chris.

oh they might toss him the odd loan to keep his mouth shut

Driving back tonight I couldn't think of one reason why he could possibly think putting Geremi in the centre of midfield would be a good idea.

He's a clueless c*** who doesn't even have a plan A, never mind a plan B.

Because there is no one else?

Eh?  There's the central midfielder he stuck out of position on the right hand side for a start.

Driving back tonight I couldn't think of one reason why he could possibly think putting Geremi in the centre of midfield would be a good idea.

Eh?  There's the central midfielder he stuck out of position on the right hand side for a start.

Guthrie hasn't exactly been setting the league on fire this season has he?  And who is next on the list?  We don't have a lot of talent in midfield to begin with.  I've no doubt we'll keep blaming team selection, but that overlooks the fact that the squad has no wingers except the under-performing Jonas, no pace at all, and pensioners like Butt & Geremi were retained and not replaced. 

Guthrie hasn't exactly been setting the league on fire this season has he?  And who is next on the list?  We don't have a lot of talent in midfield to begin with.  I've no doubt we'll keep blaming team selection, but that overlooks the fact that the squad has no wingers except the under-performing Jonas, no pace at all, and pensioners like Butt & Geremi were retained and not replaced. 

Guthrie has been played out of position most of this season.  He's done far better played in the right position.

Did you go on Tuesday night to back up what you think cost us the result?

I thought when someone posted on here that he'd said after Scunthorpe that "our gameplan was to do well" that it was a joke, I can't believe I've just seen it quoted on .com. Fuck me.

Fucking unbelievable.  Up there with Allardyce going to Derby "to not get beat" and still getting beat.

I thought when someone posted on here that he'd said after Scunthorpe that "our gameplan was to do well" that it was a joke, I can't believe I've just seen it quoted on .com. Fuck me.

Fucking unbelievable.  Up there with Allardyce going to Derby "to not get beat" and still getting beat.

:sadnod: that's what i was reminded of when i saw we were starting with one up front despite having 3 strikers on the bench.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/10/23/chris-hughton-to-be-named-newcastle-boss-61634-24995694/2/

Hughton to be named manager before tomorrow's game!

One little pearl of wisdom from our new manager to be:

Meanwhile, Hughton has reminded supporters that, while the team’s recent results have been disappointing following a run of four games without a win, nobody has managed to take advantage of their slump. He added: “We are disappointed, but that is the league we are in."

What the fuck does that mean???

If we had went out with attacking formations to impose ourselves on our opponenets in the last 4 games I believe we would have been at least 6 points clear now. The fact is Hughton hasn't got the balls to successfully manage a club like ours. Never has and never will!!!

what narks me is his constant talking up of the opposition which is very similar to Allardyce. Phrases like "championship hardedned teams" for example - what the fuck does that mean? Second rate would be more accurate, and before anybody jumps down my throat for assuming we have a right to win every match, that's not what I'm saying. We have to expect teams wil try hard against us, it's up to us to rise above that with our supposedly superior quality. Hughton needs to find an effective game plan to utilise that quality, at the moment it all looks very confused.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1221646/Northern-Exposure-Newcastle-fans-want-promotion-far-want-Alan-Shearer-Mike-Ashley-out.html

From the link above:

"As caretaker, Hughton has done a fine job, so the change of title will change little in the dressing room. The senior players will continue to have their say, and will continue to play and Hughton will just pray they all stay fit.

But with the title manager comes come responsibility and while no one can question Hughton's reputation as one of football's nice guys, his press conferences have become pointless and often laughable exercises in proclaiming absolutely nothing. Newcastle supporters demand more from their manager.

Because he was the caretaker and because he could blame those above or around him for making most of the decisions at the club, Hughton has been able to deflect any query with the kind of straight batting which even Geoffrey Boycott would have struggled to match in his pomp.

No one in football is more skilled in saying 'I don't know' (or I do but I don't want to tell you) in so many different ways. He can't do that anymore if he is the manager.

Even his repeated lack of accuracy surrounding injuries has been overlooked but it is a remarkable coincidence that when Shola Ameobi, Joey Barton and Steven Taylor were first injured Hughton said they might be back within days.

In fact in each case it will be closer to months. Such things may not matter when you are the caretaker but he will be under greater scrutiny now in every aspect of the job. Not least the results."

This is a surprisingly decent article considering it's the Daily Mail.

He at least raises question marks a lot of us have over Hughton which is his character, or should I say strength of character. A caretaker will always be cut more slack than a manager and that's what the article is getting at. Once he takes that job he knows what he's getting himself into. He needs to be more assertive and use the added authority he'll be given, it may seem a tentative link but even in his interviews he comes across a bit shy and far from a leader of men. At a time when complacency has set in and the squad needs a kick up its arse, there are major doubts over Hughton's capacity to rally the troops. NUFC.com touched on this when they pointed out that he seems to be a popular choice among players who seem to be living in the comfort zone.

Having said that, if it wasn't Hughton it'd be another cheap yes man. Ashley wouldn't go for anything else. So in that sense it's probably better the devil you know - while Ashley's here Hughton will have to do and I'll give him my full support (Hughton, that is). It doesn't remove my doubts, though.

Guest Heneage

1 goal in the last 3 games against 3 very poor teams. If he doesn't get it right tomorrow there really is no hope for him, or us.

Hmm, away to an in form forest side is harsh, Scunny are no slouches at home either. Bristol I agree but the ref was poor by the sounds of it.

1 goal in the last 3 games against 3 very poor teams. If he doesn't get it right tomorrow there really is no hope for him, or us.

Hmm, away to an in form forest side is harsh, Scunny are no slouches at home either. Bristol I agree but the ref was poor by the sounds of it.

not harsh at all, team isn't upto it, poor management., it doesn't matter whether these teams are up for it or not or poor refs etc the excuses are lame and we should be slaughtering these type of teams.

Completely out of his depth. Just doesnt know what to do to get these players riled up for this. They are getting away with murder and there is no one to put them in line. If he gets the job full time, which he will. We are well and truly fucked. The annoying thing is that if we start losing every game, he wont be sacked by Ashley, just like Kinnear wasnt last year.

Completely out of his depth. Just doesnt know what to do to get these players riled up for this. They are getting away with murder and there is no one to put them in line. If he gets the job full time, which he will. We are well and truly f***ed. The annoying thing is that if we start losing every game, he wont be sacked by Ashley, just like Kinnear wasnt last year.

history repeats aka last season, the guy is not good enough

Guest johnson293

Disgrace tbh, we're losing to Doncaster at home and he's going to be made manager. Whereas Sir Bobby was sacked after finishing 4th,3rd and 5th in the Prem.

Completely different situations, to be fair.

Disgrace tbh, we're losing to Doncaster at home and he's going to be made manager. Whereas Sir Bobby was sacked after finishing 4th,3rd and 5th in the Prem.

Completely different situations, to be fair.

Just pointing out how completely stupid football is sometimes.