Football Violence

Heron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Football violence is nout new. There was a riot at St James between us and the mackems in the early 1900's. Kicked off big style that day too - remember reading about it in one of the toon history books.

The authorities will always have bother eradicating this kind of thing - banning orders are one answer, but it won't stop the rubbish that goes on outside of grounds.

Guest neesy111

it all still stem's from violence in the past with fan's, the history between clubs will always get stuff like this to happen, millwall will always have fan's trying to cause trouble because of what they've done in the past

as long as it's happened in the past, it will happen now

sad but true

thankfully i ain't seen anything like this when at a toon match

I have dealt with a fair few hooligangs in my time and to be honest they are generally sad insignificant individuals who are craving something to belong to. On there own there usually soft as clarts!

i've dealt with a few who are the real deal aswell. like music things tend to go in peaks and troughs, something gets boring and it dies down then after a while something sparks it and it becomes trendy due to its novelty.

also on a side note about the violent video games per se. it's not just the video games it's the way society treets violence. put a child infront of violent images from wherever all day to keep him/her quiet, don't check them when they behave violently or react with violence in response is a perfect recipe to produce an evil little fuck.

Guest BooBoo

I love the football casual culture and history and have lots of clothes by Stone Island, Adidas, Paul Smith etc but i can easily seperate that from the actual bother which more often than not is nothing more than chest puffing and hot air.

More so with youth accross football.  There are alot of reason as to why it may return, economic climate, films, 'chav culture', etc.  All in all, it is just an excuse for some twats to have a go at one another.

Don't be daft, not a chance of it ever returning. People get slapped with bans for throwing fucking bog roll, I doubt the police will all of a sudden just let things 'return' to how they were  :rolleyes:

More so with youth accross football.  There are alot of reason as to why it may return, economic climate, films, 'chav culture', etc.  All in all, it is just an excuse for some twats to have a go at one another.

Don't be daft, not a chance of it ever returning. People get slapped with bans for throwing f***ing bog roll, I doubt the police will all of a sudden just let things 'return' to how they were  :rolleyes:

football violence was like an iceberg in that most of what made the headlines was inside the grounds but that was only a tiny fraction of what actually went on outside the grounds.

Don't be daft, not a chance of it ever returning. People get slapped with bans for throwing f***ing bog roll, I doubt the police will all of a sudden just let things 'return' to how they were  :rolleyes:

football violence was like an iceberg in that most of what made the headlines was inside the grounds but that was only a tiny fraction of what actually went on outside the grounds.

:nods:

Inside the ground was probably the safest place to be. Getting to and from was a different matter...

Aye, because there's no police outside of the stadium? What about that bust up at Central with the Mackems a few weeks ago, police seemed ontop for that. I think it's worth mentioning that was then, and this is now. And the police do whatever the fuck they want with football fans. Google 'section 27'.

Aye, because there's no police outside of the stadium? What about that bust up at Central with the Mackems a few weeks ago, police seemed ontop for that. I think it's worth mentioning that was then, and this is now. And the police do whatever the f*** they want with football fans. Google 'section 27'.

yeah as tonight proved.

the central station has been heavily policed for a long time at times when safc are passing through.

Aye, because there's no police outside of the stadium? What about that bust up at Central with the Mackems a few weeks ago, police seemed ontop for that. I think it's worth mentioning that was then, and this is now. And the police do whatever the fuck they want with football fans. Google 'section 27'.

All I'm saying is that the majority of bother associated with football happens outside of the actual ground itself. Pubs, train stations, service stations...etc.

In the ground, you're pretty safe.

The amount of young fans I've seen reading about Casuals and casual culture if you like is quite high I reckon. Not saying that this makes them hooligans but an interest in football hooliganism is/has been building again and this combined with the love of ones club and such films all influence younger fans to become or emulate their heroes.

I've read quite a bit about it too. Yet I can safely say that I have never wanted nor been involved in football violence.

Guest johnson293

First thing i thought of when i heard of last nights trouble, was the film 'Football Factory' - that is based around the build up to a match against Millwall, isn't it? can't remember if its Chelsea or West Ham who are the other side.

Anyway, as for the topic of the thread, i dont think the recent hooligan films have contributed or started any hooliganism up again, I think its just always been there with certain section of certain teams support.

If you look at the teams involved last night, sections of their respective fans have history of crowd trouble since the 80's, and bringing them together was (probably) always gonna kick it all off.

Guest Stephen927

To a degree with the younger lads. You could see the effects of Football Factory at my old school when people used to meet a nearby school and have little scuffles.

Videogames being blamed for murders is completely different, these two movies introduced a new culture to a hell of a lot of young people who liked what they saw when the main characters talked about a sense of belonging, the Stone Island as you say and the we don't give a fuck attitude to law enforcement which is already there with a lot of young people.

Not entirely to blame but I think it's foolish to completely count these movies out as an influence.

Guest Stephen927

football violence= people jumping up and down, waving fists , throwing things, acting aggressive,... running away at the first actual contact.

Basically. A lot of it is cowardly throwing missiles and staying a safe distance away from the police.

Guest float one in

Rugby atmosphere = Lush.

Rugby Union atmosphere = lush if you like being surrounded a load of poshos with zero craic, shouting "come on Baaaaaaath".

Rugby League atmosphere = better.

This trouble has been brewing for ages

After going to Palace I stayed over Sunday as a mate had got me a ticket for Fulham v CHelski - on the way back to his place we were accosted by a totally  p****** West Ham supporter aggrieved at their tanking by Spurs and promising "a real load of action" against "them c****" at Millwall"

He was part of a group and they can't have been a year under 50 years old - this one runs very deep  - like Rangers -Celtic or us against the Unwashed