Football Violence

Heron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

football violence= people jumping up and down, waving fists , throwing things, acting aggressive,... running away at the first actual contact.

true that the majority is like that.....not all though.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

A film like Green Street Hooligans is portraying tendencies that already exist, so to assume that it creates a new breed of hooligans is just a backwards assumption.

But I would say that if a film like Green Street Hooligans, had actually changed society by such drastic measures, it would be great. It would not only make Lexi Alexander a genious of a filmmaker, but also significantly increase the importance of films and art alike. Marvellous.

Mongs will always be mongs.

Mongs with history of being mongs, unfortunately will try and emulate the previous history of mongs.

That mong m mong mm mu mong.

Lookup:

Charva, Chav, Ned, Scally.

Anyhow, not that I condone any violence in football etc, I do believe SSN/BBC everywhere is making a fucking MASSIVE deal and going far too OTT on it. 

Films can feed fashions or fads, but they don't create this kind of problem.

It's hardly new that either West Ham or Millwall have sizeable thug elements among their supporters. Hell, it's a tradition that's been passed down across generations.

It's like all the fuss there was when A Clockwork Orange came out in the early 1970s. Stanley Kubrick himself withdrew the film from UK distribution because it was widely assumed to be responsible for increased street violence. And sure, gangs in Newcastle started naming themselves after the movie – Longbenton Aggro became Longbenton Clockwork – and skinheeds started wearing bowler hats for a while. But of course the skins had been around for ages already, and in my memory (I was a teenager at the time) the violence was no worse than it before.

(It was a good look, like: Crombies, Sta-Prest, highly polished Dr Martens, check Ben Sherman, bowler hat, and sometimes an umbrella with a sharpened point.)

Excuse the Guardian-reading, sandal-wearing, pipe-smoking theory here but I can't help thinking it's more than just a passing coincidence that football hooliganism rears its ugly head just at the same time as the economy hits the buffers, unemployment shoots up, poverty increases and society is generally more than just a bit fucked up and people are fucked off. Not making excuses for the thugs invading the pitch last night. Just pointing out that it's something that happens when recession hits.

The fact is, this West Ham v Millwall match was gonna kick off regardless of anything.

All the old boys coming out of retirement for this match, running about like twats pretending they are in their mid  twenties again for 1 night only.

The fact is, this West Ham v Millwall match was gonna kick off regardless of anything.

All the old boys coming out of retirement for this match, running about like twats pretending they are in their mid  twenties again for 1 night only.

neatly sums up why this was a one off as to the size.

football violence= people jumping up and down, waving fists , throwing things, acting aggressive,... running away at the first actual contact.

Basically. A lot of it is cowardly throwing missiles and staying a safe distance away from the police.

worse, are the people that are 4 deep, pushing the lads at the front forward into the coppers, but making no attempt to et to the front themselves

Guest Stephen927

Redknapp is right, this fixture should only be played behind closed doors if they are drawn together or in the same league.

Guest toonlass

Its the same at the Newcastle/Sunderland games though, especially away at Sunderland. People you never see at away matches, most of who look like they could be extras from Green Street or advertisers for Stone Island get tickets for one of the hardest to get matches as a Newcastle fan. Aye they are just there for the football, that is why they are never seen at Wigan, Bolton or Blackburn.