Gareth Bale to come in on loan?

lovejoy

I'm still a big fan of Gareth Bale. He was superb in his debut season playing left wing but looked poor the season after playing left back. I think he'd be a huge success at SJP if the plan is to play him left wing. I also think he'd be a much better loan signing than Dos Santos.

Bale is a genuine left-footer for a start. Dos Santos from the little I've seen is almost exclusively right-footed and not a natural wide player.

I'm still a big fan of Gareth Bale. He was superb in his debut season playing left wing but looked poor the season after playing left back. I think he'd be a huge success at SJP if the plan is to play him left wing. I also think he'd be a much better loan signing than Dos Santos.

Bale is a genuine left-footer for a start. Dos Santos from the little I've seen is almost exclusively right-footed and not a natural wide player.

:dowie:

Dos Santos is all left foot from what I've seen. I think he prefers to play on the right though a bit like Messi.

Yea

Dos Santos is all left foot from what I've seen. I think he prefers to play on the right though a bit like Messi.

Yeah I got that mixed up. He plays on the right and comes in on his left, so he's left-footed. My bad.

Really amazed at how badly Tottenham handle all these young players they bring in.

Bale, Boateng and Dos Santos are three youngsters who had massive potential coming in and they have all been ruinedit seems. I would take all three tbh.

Guest Phil K

Ashley will have to do something - he's decimated Newcastle, and despite this we aren't doing badly. In the face of adversity and all that - but we can't take any more. He's GOT to do some signings, even loan deals and not just sign the cheapest and nastiest.

We can't afford to let Enrique go - the lads been great this season, and to disrupt the team for a quick buck is just lunatic business

Guest Phil K

Chris Hughton says he expects a hectic transfer deadline day. Don't know if he means incomings or outgoings or both?

Both I'd say.

My guess is four experienced players going out, four or five untried INexperienced loans coming in.

Chris Hughton says he expects a hectic transfer deadline day. Don't know if he means incomings or outgoings or both?

Both I'd say.

My guess is four experienced players going out, four or five untried INexperienced loans coming in.

How many loan signings are we actually allowed to make?

Guest Roger Kint

Both I'd say.

8 over a season i think

Denied by David Craig on SSN.

Hardly :lol:

He said Newcastle officials have told me this is not the case. And we couldn't afford his wages.

He said Newcastle officials told him that it's the first they've heard of it. Well I wonder how many Newcastle officials heard when Simpson was coming in, Martins going etc. And on the wages front he said it would be a bit of an issue.

He hardly said "Newcastle have denied that they are going to sign Gareth Bale on loan"

Both I'd say.

8 over a season i think

The rule book states you can only have five loan players in your squad of 16 and you can have no more than four loans from one club.

You can have a maximum of eight standard loans in a season, but of these no more than four can be aged under 23. No more than two over 23 year old players can join from one club per season, but for some reason a player from overseas is not registered as a loan.

He means for everyone else, while he sits and bites his nails and watches Will and Grace.