Fatwax

Guest icemanblue

I would play:

Krul

Simpson Taylor Colo Enrique

Taylor Guthrie Smith Barton

Nolan

Ranger

if Barton can't make it I'd prefer to play Geremi or Vuckic than Lua Lua.

Why would you drop Harper then?

Guest Roger Kint

Barton will prob get on as a sub id imagine, they rarely just drop a player straight back in.

Same with Butt luckily.

Get Ranger upfront, give the lad another go. Smith upfront would be pointless, hes no confidence in that area anymore.

If Ranger ends up our only fit forward we MUST have Barton and Guthrie involved to help him, our midfield will be very pedestrian without Jonas.

well it is worth pointing out that smith was regarded as a striker at one stage in his career

Yeah we all know that, hes only had about 5 games up top in years though, his mindset has totally changed since and apart from putting himself about is not going to be a goal threat. At least Ranger has pace and an eye for goal

Harper hasn't done much for those clean sheets like that you wouldn't expect any other keeper to do. More down to the team than anything.

Fact is Krul has the most potential, and I'd rather give him the first team experience now than later. So what if he makes the odd mistake, at least he's learning something, he won't do that on the bench.

Harper hasn't done much for those clean sheets like that you wouldn't expect any other keeper to do. More down to the team than anything.

Fact is Krul has the most potential, and I'd rather give him the first team experience now than later. So what if he makes the odd mistake, at least he's learning something, he won't do that on the bench.

???

So you'd gladly lose say... 9 points this season just in order to bed Krul in?

Guest icemanblue

Did you see the Reading match, James?

You talk bollocks. Harper has shipped 1 goal in 315 minutes of football. Krul has shipped 3 goals in 135 minutes. The 'odd mistake' can be the difference between 3 points and 0 points.

Vuckic has a lot of potential apparently, let's play him as well.

I like the idea that Krul can compete for the place but the fact is Harper doesn't deserve to be dropped, play Krul in the cup games yes but in the league - where keeping a clean sheet seeing as we have no strikers is pretty vital - let's stick with the safe option. For now anyway.

???

Unlikely to cost that many points as we are too good. Truth is that when the goalkeeper get exposed by our defence, Harper and Krul are on a par right now. Krul's springyness makes up for his lack of Harpers experience. Its even stevens between them right now and I'd rather do what is best for the future.

Yep, saves you'd expect any keeper to make.

You talk bollocks. Harper has shipped 1 goal in 315 minutes of football. Krul has shipped 3 goals in 135 minutes. The 'odd mistake' can be the difference between 3 points and 0 points.

What would have happened if the roles had been reversed?

???

Unlikely to cost that many points as we are too good. Truth is that when the goalkeeper get exposed by our defence, Harper and Krul are on a par right now. Krul's springyness makes up for his lack of Harpers experience. Its even stevens between them right now and I'd rather do what is best for the future.

You're so wrong its unbelievable. We are not too good at all. Krul and Harper are not on par right now and springyness is useless you don't have the experience to know where to spring to. I'm all for Krul learning, but not at this stage of the season.

Harper doesn't deserve to be dropped. Simple as.

Equally, I'd expect any keeper not to concede the third goal against Huddersfield, but Krul did.

What would have happened if the roles had been reversed?

That's a stupid argument since you can't prove either way what Krul would have done in each situation. Either way it'd be probable that Krul would go for every single ball, whether he should or shouldn't and it would sooner or later lead to a mistake. But I can't say for sure.

Your faith in Krul is good, but also blinded on the back of some impressive but giddy performances. You could even argue that Krul didn't deserve a yellow the other night because of an apparent dive, but it's still irrelevant. We should go with whats working right now.. if Ameobi was fit, I wouldn't want him dropped for Ranger because he's something of a better prospect. It's the same principle and such a needless gamble could cost in near future.

Harper

Simpson  Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

R.Taylor  Smith  Nolan  Barton

Guthrie

Ranger

is what I reckon it will be.

Guest Roger Kint

Harper

R.Taylor   Smith   Nolan   Barton

Guthrie

Ranger

Same here

Harper

R.Taylor   Smith   Nolan   Barton

Guthrie

Ranger

Same here

I think we'll see Nolan where Guthrie is, since Hughton seems to like playing Nolan in that slightly advanced role.

Krul was exposed badly the other night, they got in behind our defence three times thats why he rushed out for each one. He obviously needs to learn to be less rash but i agree with James partly, dont think hes worse than Harper. He wasnt rushing out like that generally against West brom, only on a few crosses. He sorts that out, hes the better keeper.

Wouldnt drop Harper either though at this point

Equally, I'd expect any keeper not to concede the third goal against Huddersfield, but Krul did.

Honestly, I'd lay blame at Krul for all three goals.

First was so weak it was untrue, he tamely came out and didn't even make an effort to go down and get stuck into the ball.

Second was pen that he gave away rashly. Probably trying to make up for previously not going in on the player.

Third he was caught in no mans land.

Start Donaldson please, with Nolan supporting. Nile will be a good player but he doesn't seem to have the confidence or mental strength at the moment for first team football. Chuck Donaldson in and see how he does, if the answer is badly then bring Nile off the bench.

First was so weak it was untrue, he tamely came out and didn't even make an effort to go down and get stuck into the ball.

Second was pen that he gave away rashly. Probably trying to make up for previously not going in on the player.

I wouldn't blame him so much for the penalty given the dive involved.  But the other two certainly.

I wouldn't blame him so much for the penalty given the dive involved.  But the other two certainly.

I have only seen it once, was unaware any diving took place.

Start Donaldson please, with Nolan supporting. Nile will be a good player but he doesn't seem to have the confidence or mental strength at the moment for first team football. Chuck Donaldson in and see how he does, if the answer is badly then bring Nile off the bench.

What happens when Donaldson doesn't score after one full game? Spear in?

Donaldson seems to have been converted into a midfielder anyway, he's played there for a while now for the youngsters and reserves.

It's got nothing to with not scoring, just Nile didn't look at all ready yet.

It's got nothing to with not scoring, just Nile didn't look at all ready yet.

The only way he will adapt is by playing games though, we've given Shola about 10 seasons to come good.  :laugh: