Newcastle v Leicester 31/08/09 - Pre Match Thread [19:45 KO Live on Sky Sports]

Fatwax

I'm amazed people are still so keen for Carroll to be in the team tbh

Sorry like, but you're full of s***

people call him a 'good player'  :lol: he's a poor player with good potential

a good striker is a goal threat in my book, or at least a some sort of creative threat. If we want someone to win balls in the air we should buy Shefki Kuqi, at least he'd get a goal every now and again

Surely Vukic is the most likely to play?

I'd start him, don't think theres much diffrence between starting him and starting Nile and he could be better, however i thought he was an attacking midfielder rather than a Striker?

If we need a centre forward then we'll play Nile as he is a striker,  Vuckic is a typical number 10,  a Beardsley, Bergkamp type player who will link up the midfield and forward line.

Could easily play the both of them, Nile up top and Vuckic in behind, which is how they lined up last season in the reserve team.

So Binnsy Ranger Vuckic up top? Is Carroll 100% out ?

Could do but Hughton won't,  he'll play Ranger with someone like Nolan behind him.  Think Vukcic will be on the bench.

Another option if Jonas, carroll and Shola are all missing is go 433,  with a front 3 of

Lua lua    ranger    vuckic

another reserve lineup and have Guthrie, Smith and nolan as the midfield 3.  Again would work but Hughton won't do it!

It would be mental to play Ranger up front on his own. If Carroll, Shola and Xisco are out then the obvious answer is Smith alongside him. Smith has absolutely no goal threat but he will help out Ranger and he might be able to hold the ball up a bit with Ranger getting on the end of some chances.

It would be mental to play Ranger up front on his own. If Carroll, Shola and Xisco are out then the obvious answer is Smith alongside him. Smith has absolutely no goal threat but he will help out Ranger and he might be able to hold the ball up a bit with Ranger getting on the end of some chances.

What he said.

It is incredibly unlikely Vuckic will be playing.

If hes being brought on in the final minutes of a game against Huddersfield theyre not going to drop another more experienced player in place of him.

Think it'll be Ranger upfront & Nolan just behind as others have said. Smith & Guthrie in centre midfield, R taylor on the wing with Simpson behind him.

Geremi/lua lua on the left in place of Jonas. The rest as usual.

I'd like to see Vuckic partner Nolan, not going to happen though

Just heard on talksport that Guthrie and Nolan "might be playing up front." Who makes up this nonsense?  :lol:

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Just heard on talksport that Guthrie and Nolan "might be playing up front." Who makes up this nonsense?  :lol:

Theres no chance of a Vuckic-Nolan partnership mate. Vuckic plays just off the front man so its between him or Nolan to play off Ranger imo.

Will they be playing against Glasgow United? Who incidentally are in the Carling cup because West Ham have been thrown out. Don't worry about playing Arsenal if we beat Glasgow United either, Eduardo has been suspended for 200 years and put in prison for 10 years. Oh, and did you hear? Rafa has got the sack for saying Steven Gerrard played shit the other day, Steven Gerrard is AMAZING, but he's a diving cheater, BUT HE'S SO GOOD, he would never dive.. The diving bastard.

[/talksport]

I know it's bullshit, i'd just love to know who sits in their office looking at our squad list on wikipedia and makes up this rubbish. Guthrie's brilliant but he's as much a striker as Harper

Guthrie - Harper strikeforce sounds goood.

Harper has got experience of course.  :lol:

Will they be playing against Glasgow United? Who incidentally are in the Carling cup because West Ham have been thrown out. Don't worry about playing Arsenal if we beat Glasgow United either, Eduardo has been suspended for 200 years and put in prison for 10 years. Oh, and did you hear? Rafa has got the sack for saying Steven Gerrard played s*** the other day, Steven Gerrard is AMAZING, but he's a diving cheater, BUT HE'S SO GOOD, he would never dive.. The diving b******.

[/talksport]

To be fair, different presenters = different opinions. It's a good listen if you drive 3 hours a day but full of nonsense I admit

Will they be playing against Glasgow United? Who incidentally are in the Carling cup because West Ham have been thrown out. Don't worry about playing Arsenal if we beat Glasgow United either, Eduardo has been suspended for 200 years and put in prison for 10 years. Oh, and did you hear? Rafa has got the sack for saying Steven Gerrard played s*** the other day, Steven Gerrard is AMAZING, but he's a diving cheater, BUT HE'S SO GOOD, he would never dive.. The diving b******.

[/talksport]

To be fair, different presenters = different opinions. It's a good listen if you drive 3 hours a day but full of nonsense I admit

These were all the opinion of the same fellah.

The afternoon fellah.

Adrian Durham?