Newcastle v Leicester 31/08/09 - Pre Match Thread [19:45 KO Live on Sky Sports]

Fatwax

Guest Heneage

No way this club will get Loven in for Monday, I've yet to see any football club pass through a deal over the weekend for a monday game.

Win or draw and we go top and Hughton wins MOTM.

Lose by two goals (low scoring game), go down to fifth 1 point off top, West Brom go top

Lose by three goals, go fifth 1 point off top and Leicester go top.

Quite a big game compared to some now, although not the end of the world if we lose.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If all our strikers are out (Except Ranger but he's proved largely ineffective so far) it might be interesting to see how Smith would play as a striker nowadays

Isn't Barton set to return?  He could possibly play on the left, although Kazenga seems to have given a reasonably good account of himself so far doesn't he?

I think we're probably most likely to see Nolan playing off Ranger and then Smith/Barton/Guthrie/Raylor/Geremi in some sort of midfield four combination.

They only managed 1-0 over Barsley who are bottom & drew 1-1 with ipswich.

Their other win is swansea who are 18th.

So i wouldnt be to worried, their best result is the draw v sheff united. They havent played anyone that good yet, we should win.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper

Simpson            Taylor            Coloccini          Enrique

Guthrie              Barton            Nolan            Gutierrez

Smith                Ranger