Newcastle v Leicester 31/08/09 - Pre Match Thread [19:45 KO Live on Sky Sports]

Fatwax

Guest Roger Kint

Harper

Simpson-Saylor-Colo-Enrique

Raylor-Guthrie-Smith-Nolan_jonas

Ameobi

Obviously depending on sales/incomings(ha) and the fitness of Ameobi/Carroll/Jonas/Barton

I'm amazed people are still so keen for Carroll to be in the team tbh

I agree he's s***. I'd rather throw in Ranger gradually and get Beckford or someone pacey to play of Ameobi. Vukcic will get his chances and i believe he has more potential than both Ranger and Carrol based on what ive read (haven't seen him).

I agree he's s***. I'd rather throw in Ranger gradually and get Beckford or someone pacey to play of Ameobi. Vukcic will get his chances and i believe he has more potential than both Ranger and Carrol based on what ive read (haven't seen him).

I'd rather not replace a striker with a midfielder. We won yesterday because of 4-4-2, we're quite shit with 4-4-1-1 at home.

--------------------Harper

Simo-------Tayls-----------Colo----------Jose

-------------Smith

--------------------------Guthrie

RTay--------------------------------------Jonas

------------Ranger

---------------------------Shola

BENCH

Krul

Kadar

Butt

Nolan

Lua Lua

Vuckic

Barton

Harper

Simpson Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

R.Taylor  Nolan  Guthrie  Jonas

Ameobi  Ranger

is how I would like it to be.

Harper

R.Taylor  Nolan  Smith  Jonas

Guthrie

Ameobi

is what I reckon it will be.

Eh?  How many games have you watched of Carroll?  Ranger still hasn't done anything to prove he's better than Carroll.  Carroll banged them in for fun in the junior teams as well, it would be stupid to write either off at this stage.

You gotta remember Carroll is only a couple of seasons ahead of Ranger in his development, it's not like one is a finished article and the other is some raw youngster, they both are raw youngsters.

Harper

R.Taylor   Nolan  Guthrie  Jonas

Ameobi   Ranger

is how I would like it to be.

Harper

R.Taylor   Nolan  Smith   Jonas

Guthrie

Ameobi

is what I reckon it will be.

You would drop Smith?

If it was my choice I'd consider dropping Smith as well. No way on this earth will it happen. He doesn't deserve to be dropped, but with Guthrie's ability and Nolan getting amongst the goals I'd consider playing them two together. Smith has been playing well but he's still offering fuck all going foward. Does our team really need an Alan Smith at home to Leicester?

If everyone is fit I'd go:

Harper, Simpson, Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique, Guthrie, Barton, Nolan, Jonas, Ameobi, Carroll

Its not likely that all of them will be fit enough to start or play a part at all though. I'd prefer R.Taylor to stay in if Barton can't start though. Smith will be important for us away but I fail to see why we shouldn't be more positive at home.

Carroll is a good player- especially at this level.  He's a beast in the air - just what we need, especially from defensive set pieces.

based on what?

The good games he's played?  With your theory we shouldn't play Xisco or Ranger either because they haven't proven themselves to be good players either.

So who would you start up front?

Carroll is a good player- especially at this level.  He's a beast in the air - just what we need, especially from defensive set pieces.

based on what?

The good games he's played?  With your theory we shouldn't play Xisco or Ranger either because they haven't proven themselves to be good players either.

So who would you start up front?

Probably Carroll if we're going 4-4-2

doesnn't mean he's a good player though, he's a horrendous footballer who is good in the air, imo

based on what?

Off the top of my head West ham (h) and Stoke (a) last year.  He set up the vital goal against Sheff Weds.  I like him as a player (as I say he is extremely useful in the air and these are the kind of qualities we're going to need). He's decent and that is why someone from the Prem is reportedly after him.  Same can't be said for Xisco or Ranger at present.

Thank fuck this is on Sky, The Football Show is a pile of wank, you might as well save yourselves the bother and watch the goals on SSN if you want to see highlights.

I would give it 500 shit points, however that would be reduced to about 150 if Clemmit wasn't on there, the gormless little fuck.

We never have home 3pm Saturdays kick offs

Aye but 1730 kick offs at home are mint,  time for a few extra pre match drinks and when the match finishes you're straight on the lash for a night out!!!

Cos 'the air' isn't part of football in the division in which we find ourselves

it clearly is, but we're not playing head tennis man, Carroll isn't anywhere near enough of a threat fior his place to be cemented