La Liga 09/10

Mr. Snrub

Which La Liga centre forwards would be within our price range VI?

La Liga strikers aren't generally adapt to playing in the Premier League tbh, you seem to be better at producing attacking midfielders/second strikers (which we could probably do with aswell). However there must be some out there worth a look at. Soldado and Aduriz are two I've seen that might be good enough, the former being more in our age range.

like the look of Bilbao's Julio Llorente but is highly rated and maybe out of our price range.

Soldado is rumoured to be going to Valencia if/when Villa is sold.

La Liga strikers aren't generally adapt to playing in the Premier League tbh, you seem to be better at producing attacking midfielders/second strikers (which we could probably do with aswell). However there must be some out there worth a look at. Soldado and Aduriz are two I've seen that might be good enough, the former being more in our age range.

like the look of Bilbao's Julio Llorente but is highly rated and maybe out of our price range.

Llorente's a good one, but as you said he's out of your range at this point. Good thing about Soldado is that his buyout clause is rather low. I think the link with Atlético is more solid, although if Valencia go for him he'd rather go there due to CL football. Both teams are completely broke, and will only buy him if they sell Villa/Agüero (which is likely).

This Valencia talk reminds me that Zigic is for sale (we'll he's been for 2 years now), gonna post it in your transfer thread.

Jonas is right footed though isn't he? We could switch it up.

I was always under the impression Jonas was left footed. Either way he's way more effective on the left than the right.

He's right footed. In the new generation of wingers who like to play on their weaker side. Explains his erratic end product aswell...

Didn't see this match, but blimey, 4-1. Fair play Madrid. Was it as convincing as it sounds?

First half Mallorca dominated, having much the better of the chances. Second half Ronaldo pulled Madrid by the scruff of the neck to turn it round, they they never reallly loooked in trouble from that point on.

Llorente's a good one, but as you said he's out of your range at this point. Good thing about Soldado is that his buyout clause is rather low. I think the link with Atlético is more solid, although if Valencia go for him he'd rather go there due to CL football. Both teams are completely broke, and will only buy him if they sell Villa/Agüero (which is likely).

This Valencia talk reminds me that Zigic is for sale (we'll he's been for 2 years now), gonna post it in your transfer thread.

Is he like Fernando? The FM 08 (or 09?) legend? A big fucking tank?

This has been a ridiculous league this season. 97-98 points and it still might only get 2nd place.

SPL-tastic.

Last year wasn't actually so much different, Madrid just gave up after the 2-6 and both teams dropped lots of points after that match. Both would have ended with 90+ if they had kept the pace until the end.

I blame other clubs fans to be honest. They should just stop this "second club" s*** that's endemic in Spain and hate us and Madrid for the horrible big club primadonnas we are.

Incidentally it's a funny situation that Real Madrid now depends - of all people - on Javier Clemente to win the league. If Valladolid didn't need these points so badly I'm pretty sure the bastard would throw the game just to piss them off.  :lol:

Can't see Barca, droppinng the points at home next week. I normally prefer Madrid over Barca, but their transfer dealings in the summer were pretty ugly and Barca are a joy to watch, you just feel that whoever they play once they get ahead of steam that they could potentially batter them.

Just read that Bojan is the first Spaniard to score in three consecutive league games since Luís Enrique did it in 1999. That's an awful record!

Can't believe that the likes of Raúl, Morientes, Villa, Torres, heck even Güiza or Salva Ballesta never equaled that.

Guest neesy111

No games on tonight, or were they all on yesterday? Doesn't appear to be any on Sky. :(

every game was on last night

Just read that Bojan is the first Spaniard to score in three consecutive league games since Luís Enrique did it in 1999. That's an awful record!

Can't believe that the likes of Raúl, Morientes, Villa, Torres, heck even Güiza or Salva Ballesta never equaled that.

Wow, that's a crazy stat.