La Liga 09/10

Mr. Snrub

Would hopefully reduce the gap between Barca/Madrid and others, although I'm not sure how exactly :dontknow:

Yeah, it actually happened last week but it has been officially announced today. At this point it's just speculation what changes it will entail, however, most journalists are just throwing around how the premiership works and assuming we are doing the same, which may not be the case in every aspect.

At this point it seems unlikely that they will completely break with La Liga, however, just that the top division will get to make its own rules within the structure.

Well, now that's interesting. During the afternoon meeting of la Liga, 31 La Liga clubs have used their majority and formally asked the government to force by law a collective deal agreement, opposed by Madrid, Barça, Atlético, Valencia, Sevilla, Bilbao, Villarreal, Getafe and Deportivo.

Forgot to post Atlético de Madrid's ad for the Europa League and Spanish Cup finals. They are known for making quite cool ads.

It's in Spanish, but so you get the gist of it:

"These days, we have a big dream, the old dream of touching heaven again.

but there is a problem.

And it is that thousands of Englishmen and thousands of Sevillians are having the same dream.

But there is something they don't know,

and it is that we dream stronger."

Guest neesy111

VI

do the clubs actually put these video's on the television, (or do they have club channels)

Depends. Some make it to the regional/local channels, since they are usually done to drum up support before big games. Most clubs have their own channels too. A lot of clubs also run ads for ST renewal.

This is the ad for the Valencia-Barça of the last season. A lot of them are intentionally rather silly/fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5FxkRJ74fE

"The rival is powerful, but the night is ours".

My favorite one is the one Barça made in the mid-2000s for El Clásico, a parody of Star Wars with Madrid playing the "Galáctico Empire", can't find it on youtube sadly. Nowadays our ads are too serious, like that Inter one.

Guest neesy111

Depends. Some make it to the regional/local channels, since they are usually done to drum up support before big games. Most clubs have their own channels too. A lot of clubs also run ads for ST renewal.

This is the ad for the Valencia-Barça of the last season. A lot of them are intentionally rather silly/fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5FxkRJ74fE

"The rival is powerful, but the night is ours".

My favorite one is the one Barça made in the mid-2000s for El Clásico, a parody of Star Wars with Madrid playing the "Galáctico Empire", can't find it on youtube sadly. Nowadays our ads are too serious, like that Inter one.

they look good/funny, i only remember once NUFC advertising for season tickets (souness regime)

Atlético always makes the best ones by far... pity there are not English subtitled versions but I'll try to translate

"When I was 63 I quit smoking. Wasn't easy, but I did it

Then when I was 70 I quit liquor

With a lot of willpower I also stopped drinking wine after meals

I have also quit coffee, betting and playing cards.

But fucking (sic) Aleti...

It's killing me."

It's pretty much a done deal that Mallorca will enter administration after the season ends, which could jeopardise their EL/CL qualification.

Such a shame, European competition regardless though will be good.

Barca 1/25 tomorrow.  :lol:

It's pretty much a done deal that Mallorca will enter administration after the season ends, which could jeopardise their EL/CL qualification.

Such a shame, European competition regardless though will be good.

Barca 1/25 tomorrow.  :lol:

The matter has some meat in it... Athletic are the ones asking the court for the club to be placed in administration, since they are creditors from the sale of Aduriz. Thing is, if Mallorca were ineligible for European competition due to this, Bilbao and Villarreal would be the teams in contention for their spot.

VI, what sort of team are Atletico expected to put out tonight, have you any idea?

Kids. Kun, Forlán and Simao not even in the squad.

Suspected as much. Cheers.

I wouldn't be sucked in by the odds, Wullie. But as I say, Valencia I do fancy.

In theory, yes, but Valencia are playing for nothing and Tenerife are playing for their life. Valencia were already pretty poor last week after they clinched 3rd. Still would favor them, but one of those games I just avoid when betting.

Etxeberría just been subbed off at San Mamés amidst a standing ovation. He's retiring and has been playing this season for free as a last gift to the club. Legend.  :clap:

Just had a look at his wiki that says he's only 32. Seems no age to retire, has he had bad injury problems?