Newcastle United 1 - 0 Leicester City - 31/08/09 - post match reaction from p22

JH

Ranger looked fairly promising. He seemed a little bit shy infront of goal though which i find pretty bizarre given his record in the youth leagues; but i think we can put that down the fact he was clearly told to simply hold the ball up all game. He was a bit clumsy with it at times, and a bit fortuitous (see hopeless Leicester defenders) - but he did his job well. Be nice to see him with someone like Lovenkrands, for instance.

Happy with the win like; i didn't see the first half but from what i can gather from the second, we were never in doubt. Cracking strike from Guthrie.

I reckon after that shot early in the first half he got a bit nervy so just laid them off instead.

An excellent result and a great team performance given the team we had to put out.

Well done.

Aye. Well done to all the players and to Hughton. Although, Barton could've pulled his finger out, like.

Kudos to Leicester, I thought they were the best team we've played this season.

They worked hard and created a few decent chances first half, but we still should have made this match more comfortable than the scoreline suggests.

I feel sorry for Steve Howard cos he did everything he was employed to do but absolutely no-one else was on the same page.

Think Hughton deserves a lot of the praise, to get us looking pretty well organised and motivated considering the circumstances is definitely to his credit.

Also think that Smith was excellent and it's nice to see a captain being vocal and leading the way (take note Owen).

Think Hughton deserves a lot of the praise, to get us looking pretty well organised and motivated considering the circumstances is definitely to his credit.

Also think that Smith was excellent and it's nice to see a captain being vocal and leading the way (take note Owen).

This.

Great win tonight.  Shows the strength and class of our midfield.

Hopefully we get a few extra bodies in tomorrow and push on.

Id like to know what hes doing in training on our attacking set pieces. Compared to last season the deliverys turned near perfect suddenly.

Championship piss easy so far.  :celb: Long may it continue for the rest of the season. (hope I haven't jinxed us)

Hughton has impressed me so far by grinning & bearing the situation, just keeping his head down and getting on with it.

Guest neesy111

Id like to know what hes doing in training on our attacking set pieces. Compared to last season the deliverys turned near perfect suddenly.

i think he must of seen how shearer and dowie we're doing things

Smith did nowt with the ball yet wins a few eye catching tackles and gets motm, what a fucking joke

He shouted a fair bit.

He spent the entire game battling with Steve Howard tbh, needless Smith hate. He did well imo.