The NUFC transfer deadline day thread - Summer 2009

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Matticus

:lol: we sign the only player who the deadline doesn't apply to seconds before the window closes

:lol:

Part of me thinks that's to keep us quiet when we don't sign anyone.

:lol: we sign the only player who the deadline doesn't apply to seconds before the window closes

The deadline is only for permanent transfers between two clubs, there's a separate deadline for loans and I'm not certain that there's any deadline for free transfers.

Either way we've still got time to get a few more bodies in.

The deadline is only for permanent transfers between two clubs, there's a separate deadline for loans and I'm not certain that there's any deadline for free transfers.

Either way we've still got time to get a few more bodies in.

WE CAN'T MAN!

The deadline is the deadline.

The good news is that lovenkrands in is probably the most useful transfer we could have done atleast of any of them.

Aslong as we always have a threat going fowards we will be capable of beating anyone regardless of injurys.

:lol:

Part of me thinks that's to keep us quiet when we don't sign anyone.

You think we've signed someone to keep everyone quiet when we don't sign anyone? It's a pretty fucking good smokescreen, that's for sure.

The difference with other signings on deadline day announced afterwards surely is that we got them from foreign clubs.

If we were actually loaning anyone decent from prem clubs, their original clubs would be the ones giving away the story. Not us. Doesnt look like theres anything atall.

Faye and Taylor were from Premiership clubs.

Marley is here sitting at my feet looking very down, he knows Ashley has fkd us, he burried his mobile in the garden as soon as Big Ben showed up on SSN.

Did you expect us to spend a few million? You sound really depressed.

The best news is that nobody else has left!

Can we recall Bassong if Spuds have not loaned us 2 players if it was a written part of the deal?

There is no evidence it was part of the deal apart from gossip if I recall.

But no, I can't see us getting his registration back because we failed to pick two players to loan of theirs if they were offered.  It's the same as not cashing the cheque for him that they bought him with and expecting him back here (of course, not saying he was signed by cheque! lol, just using that to support the point).