The NUFC transfer deadline day thread - Summer 2009

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Today's Aims:

1) DON'T LET ANYONE ELSE GO: tick

2) SIGN LOVENKRANDS: tick

3) GET A LOAN OR TWO: we don't know yet, but possibly tick

So today's been alright tbh. And if our squad gets to critical condition, we use an emergency loan.....simples

Possibly tick, no chance or it would have been announced.

:facepalm: 32 minutes after the window ffs. Have some patience!

We'll see. They would have announced it at the same time as the Lovenkrands signing if we had signed anyone. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Today's Aims:

So today's been alright tbh. And if our squad gets to critical condition, we use an emergency loan.....simples

Are you really still expecting news? :lol:

Aye, at least one crappy little loan deal.

Today's Aims:

Are you really still expecting news? :lol:

One or two are still filtering through (Nugent etc) and we're not exactly top of the priorities list

not at all arsed about lovenkrands. Where is the backup centre half we need, a decent winger or a striker good enough to get us out this division which I don't believe lovenkrands will prove to be

Well when is Tozer or Kadar going to get a chance? we signed them to one day play football in the Premier League, if they can't adapt and start being cover for Taylor and Colocini in the Championship then we may as well pay up their contracts and release them and look to loan or get free transfers for players that can.  Of course we won't do that, but you got to accept that clubs don't always have two quality players in every position and we have some young ones that really need to be a part of the team now.  Take a look at Villa over the last few years.  Of course it helps to have strong cover, but it is more expensive and we are largely in debt.

I don't think Villa are much of an example to use.

The difference with other signings on deadline day announced afterwards surely is that we got them from foreign clubs.

If we were actually loaning anyone decent from prem clubs, their original clubs would be the ones giving away the story. Not us. Doesnt look like theres anything atall.

Faye and Taylor were from Premiership clubs.

Taylor wasnt signed on the final day of the january transfer window.

Yes he was, the signing was announced on the 2nd of Febuary.

What a shit window btw, in general, not just Newcastle.

Why is it a shit window for Newcastle? - for what its worth,  I think we did well to keep certain players and the addition of Lovendranks is very good.  Making money and reducing the huge debt is very important and our squad is still capable (although thin) to win this league.

Huddersfield before the substitutions was a decent indication that our squad is fucked if we hit an injury crisis.

That's been the case for the last five or so years. Why's it so different now?

Come on, man. If the squad was thin last year, what is it this year?

Thin. But we're competing at a much lower level.

We played Matty Pattison in the Premier League. Matty Pattison, man. Matty Pattison.

See, in my opinion the level doesn't matter. Fatigue is fatigue. Players need to rest occasionally, and we're not in much of a position to give players time to recuperate. It's been a great start to the season, but the games are going to catch up to us.

we  still have a week to get people on loan thought rite???

I can't believe I'm quoting this AGAIN. Most exposure Dave has ever had.

The Football League have now confirmed the situation regarding loans as follows:

Standard loans can be for half a season or a full season.  These can only be done during the two transfer windows (i.e. by the end of today or in January 2010).

Emergency loans can be done outside of the transfer window, but not after the fourth Thursday in November or March. 

A club can have a maximum of four players under 23 and a further four over 23 on standard loan during the season. There is no limit on Emergency Loans. 

However, only four players maximum can join one club from another during the season.

A maximum of five loan players can be named on a team sheet.

I'd imagine none of our hopefuls will count as emergencies, so they'll have to happen today.

What a shit window btw, in general, not just Newcastle.

Why is it a shit window for Newcastle? - for what its worth,  I think we did well to keep certain players and the addition of Lovendranks is very good.  Making money and reducing the huge debt is very important and our squad is still capable (although thin) to win this league.

Huddersfield before the substitutions was a decent indication that our squad is fucked if we hit an injury crisis.

What club wouldn't be effected by an injury crisis that led to 7 first team players being out? - we fielded that side because we don't really give a shit about that cup and to be honest, althoug we won, it would have counted for shit if all those subs came on and got long term injuries wouldn't it.

We can't afford to sign a second squad of quality resevre players can we, you have to rely on your youth growing up and actually making the grade and chipping in with the first team when they are needed.  Isn't that how football works?

Underwhelmed and angry. An injury at the back and we are absolutely fucked.

Can't believe people are content that we have signed a right back and a player we should never have let go. Bang on about emergancy loans etc if you wish but the fact is it is not good enough.

We're staying in this league for at least another season. Bookmark this.

Just hoping we can tread water until January.

:lol: Already back in denial.

I know its fucking shit treading water at the top of the league like  :doh:

not at all arsed about lovenkrands. Where is the backup centre half we need, a decent winger or a striker good enough to get us out this division which I don't believe lovenkrands will prove to be

Well when is Tozer or Kadar going to get a chance? we signed them to one day play football in the Premier League, if they can't adapt and start being cover for Taylor and Colocini in the Championship then we may as well pay up their contracts and release them and look to loan or get free transfers for players that can.  Of course we won't do that, but you got to accept that clubs don't always have two quality players in every position and we have some young ones that really need to be a part of the team now.  Take a look at Villa over the last few years.  Of course it helps to have strong cover, but it is more expensive and we are largely in debt.

I don't think Villa are much of an example to use.

Why not? they had a very thin squad over last two years and they are sorting that now, but christ, if they had several injuries to key first players it would have shown far more than some other clubs.

At this club. That fat wanker fucking us over this summer and probably preparing to take the club off the market now

I'm bemused that anyone would be furious, surely you know exactly what you're going to get from Mike Ashley and prepare yourself accordingly.

The difference with other signings on deadline day announced afterwards surely is that we got them from foreign clubs.

If we were actually loaning anyone decent from prem clubs, their original clubs would be the ones giving away the story. Not us. Doesnt look like theres anything atall.

Faye and Taylor were from Premiership clubs.

Taylor wasnt signed on the final day of the january transfer window.

Yes he was, the signing was announced on the 2nd of Febuary.

It was all over the place long before that. Regardless it was confirmed before the window closed so its irrelevant to the initial point.