The NUFC transfer deadline day thread - Summer 2009

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In my opinion, keeping ahold of the majority of our Premiership standard first team meant alot more than selling them and replacing them with Championship standard (or less) replacements. Obviously the squad is looking a bit small but we can add loanees and fee agents after the deadline so how much does the 5pm cut off mean to us?

We've dropped 2 points this season despite being having no new owner, no manger or no major signings. Fair enough we haven't made some million pound signings but we easily have a strong enough squad (with the inclusion of a loanee or two) to compete at this level. If we had lost more of the first team it would have been a different story but I'm pretty happy with this window.

This.  Good post.

Further more, people should realise that perhaps saving money and working with what we have could be better for the club than splashing £6m on someone like Beckford and him turning out to be shit to average in the Championship and turd in the Prem if we go up.  Of course, he maybe be very good at this level and maybe even decent in the Prem, but at 25 years old he is hardly one that is going to better and better over the next 5 years, he is not far off his peak imo.  Rather we get in Lovenkrands who is proven he can do well (and is free!) and we look to go up with minimal spend if it's feasible.  Our good start suggests it is.

We clearly should have bought more players, this is a very dodgy situation.

People are acting like we're now at the peak of our injurys, we've barely played 6 games. If you think this squad is strong enough you're nuts.

We will announce the others in due course. Just because we haven't announced it, doesn't mean we are getting noone on loan. Just stop panicking, when were this regime known for their perfectly timed public announcements?

We will announce the others in due course. Just because we haven't announced it, doesn't mean we are getting noone on loan. Just stop panicking, when were this regime known for their perfectly timed public announcements?

As said, their original clubs would surely break the stories regardless of whether ours like leaving it till the end. Unless they made them agree to not say anything, which would be monumentally pointless.

As said, their original clubs would surely break the stories regardless of whether ours like leaving it till the end. Unless they made them agree to not say anything, which would be monumentally pointless.

and would not be unusual to the clowns running our club

Sky have probably known for hours that he's signed and just held it back as a tease. NUFC just wont have bothered announcing it as it seems to be policy to announce it all in one go after the window closes. So they probably don't have a clue about anything else quite frankly.

Can we recall Bassong if Spuds have not loaned us 2 players if it was a written part of the deal?

No, because it wouldn't have been part of the deal. And if it was, they'd have come pretty much straight away.

Supperb we get our player back, one we should have never lost.

O0

The only other thing that we can be happy about is that there are no more players out (that we know of yet).  Stupid mistake though - the squad is nowhere near strong enough and now that another botched up window has shut under Ashley we can expect the inevitable injury crisis.

Perhaps now we'll find out what has happened the the cash from the summer transfers, and also the money that was due from Milner and Given's sales.

So what happened to this two loans from Spurs garbage?

Why do we have people who know fuck all about football in charge? Are we the only club?

what was the source of that? I don't think it was anything concrete, just Sunday rags gossip (please correct me with a link to a source if possible!).

End of the day loan's can still happen after the deadline, perhaps it's an option which Ashley wants to leave open for the new owner and manager if that happens sometime soon.

I was wondering the source of it myself.

So we're waiting for the club to be sold before we cash in on those two loans? :suicide:

It's not like they're against loaning players, they didn't wait to bring in Danny Simpson.

We profit every window, is all of that going towards wages?

Yes, and the overdraft and Ashley's loan and all the outstanding transfer fees for players that have already moved on no doubt.  Souness era spending is probably still being paid off! also the 52k stadium is still being paid off I believe.  All was reliant on not just Premier League money, but Euro money. Championship money and 35k a week turnout is much less than what we were earning now when we were spending big I wager.

About the loans, it's hard to say.  Your right, if players are there I'd take them.  Would have loved us to get Jamie O'Hara in on loan.  It may have been bollocks, it maybe cash or loans deal as a part of the Bassong transfer which we are still mulling over.  Who knows.

Weve got the best Midfield in this division, arguably the best defence, and Shola and Lovenkrands upfront. Im happy with that, yes were short on cover but weve got versatile players and plenty of options, should see us through to January when it all starts again.