List of Free Agents

Ketsbaia

There's normally a very good reason why these type of players are all without a club. They need to be avoided like the plague tbh.

There's a few players on there, that, if possible to sign would be far too good for the Championship.

Saying they should all be avoided like the plague is ridiculous.

There's normally a very good reason why these type of players are all without a club. They need to be avoided like the plague tbh.

There's a few players on there, that, if possible to sign would be far too good for the Championship.

Saying they should all be avoided like the plague is ridiculous.

So why are they without a club? If they're that good why hasn't a single club gone in for them and signed them?  ???

Guest Heneage

Like Geovanni? Who kept hull up.

Normally....

He also signed for a Premier League club who could afford a premier league wage at the time. We can't. That would be the reason to avoid him had he been available this year. 

Guest Heneage

Normally....

He also signed for a Premier League club who could afford a premier league wage at the time. We can't. That would be the reason to avoid him had he been available this year. 

I'd imagine we could top out at 20k, which is what some of these will be on. Some of these have had bad luck, iffy injury, or just are't good enough for the top, we aren't at the top so I'd be happy to take a one year punt on some of them. We might unearth a gem.

Normally....

I'd imagine we could top out at 20k, which is what some of these will be on. Some of these have had bad luck, iffy injury, or just are't good enough for the top, we aren't at the top so I'd be happy to take a one year punt on some of them. We might unearth a gem.

Fair enough.

I wouldn't touch any of them with a shitty stick, but there you go.  ???

Guest Heneage

Normally....

Fair enough.

What would you suggest then for our rather small squad?

Normally....

Fair enough.

I wouldn't touch any of them with a shitty stick, but there you go. ???

Not sure what the question actually is tbh.

I would have thought that the current transfer policy of this regime is canny clear.

We can't afford to sanction a big wage.

Injury-prone players are ruled out too.

Very few on there would have any resale value.

Some have got major attitude problems.

Basically, it was signing and relying on this type of shit that got us relegated in the first fucking place. Have we learned nothing?? 

Guest Heneage

Normally....

Fair enough.

Not sure what the question actually is tbh.

I would have thought that the current transfer policy of this regime is canny clear.

We can't afford to sanction a big wage.

Injury-prone players are ruled out too.

Very few on there would have any resale value.

Some have got major attitude problems.

Basically, it was signing and relying on this type of s*** that got us relegated in the first f***ing place. Have we learned nothing?? 

But what if those with little resale agreed to one year deals with the option of a 2nd upon review. Basically lie to them I know but needs must and such. Unless we intend to just loan players.

I'd rather go for loan signings in all honesty because generally they are young and hungry players looking to secure a permanent move. We have plenty of experience in the squad, what we need is bodies and let's face it there's very few in our own youth system who you'd want to see in the first team. Go get other team's youth players from Man Utd and the likes and give them a shot. More signings like Danny Simpson are a better answer than signing 30-odd year old crocks.

Having said that, if the loan signings we need aren't available then we have no choice but to look at these players. I reckon there's one or two in that list who could be very useful but the key question is who.

Guest Roger Kint

DEF

Moritz Volz, Noe Pamarot, Michael Ball

MID

Andy Van der Meyde, Julian de Guzman

FOR

Christian Vieri

Sign Volz asap and give rest trials, if they are anywhere close to fitness could be decent additions. Especially if they rediscover their one time talents.

Guest Stephen927

I'd rather go for loan signings in all honesty because generally they are young and hungry players looking to secure a permanent move. We have plenty of experience in the squad, what we need is bodies and let's face it there's very few in our own youth system who you'd want to see in the first team. Go get other team's youth players from Man Utd and the likes and give them a shot. More signings like Danny Simpson are a better answer than signing 30-odd year old crocks.

Having said that, if the loan signings we need aren't available then we have no choice but to look at these players. I reckon there's one or two in that list who could be very useful but the key question is who.

That first paragraph sums up what I think.

We need to be looking at young, hungry up and coming players, not players past the age of 30 who will need to be replaced at the end of this season anyways. We need to try and keep a bunch of good young lads together to take us back up to the top flight.

Experience alone isn't enough for us to offer these guys quite a big wage by Championship standards (£15k+).

Guest Roger Kint

Ball would be a great back up at left back, De Guzman as welll ... why is he a free?

Without checking i think its the poorer version who was in our La Coruna reserves