List of Free Agents

Ketsbaia

Guest Roger Kint

Viera is available on a free  :kasper:

Almost signed for Arsenal in 07 but failed a medical then went on to sign for Villareal.

Looked good when i saw him play!

Vieri?

Viera

Guest Roger Kint

This is a pointless discussion because no doubt there is nobody at the club who wants to that has the authority to make signings of any sort right now.

Sadly true

Guest johnson293

These players are no better than what we've got.

We should only look to bring players in with real quality. Lovenkrands is a good addition.

Unfortunately its not just about players being better than what we've got - its about having enough players to put a team out week in, week out.

If our annual injury crisis strikes anytime soon, we'll be knackered (literally) and be relying on academy players.

I dont disagree that some of these free agents wouldn't/shouldn't normally be considered, but at this moment in time we can't be choosy, and we need numbers!

This is a pointless discussion because no doubt there is nobody at the club who wants to that has the authority to make signings of any sort right now.

So who signed Simpson & Loven?

Viera is available on a free  :kasper:

Almost signed for Arsenal in 07 but failed a medical then went on to sign for Villareal.

Looked good when i saw him play!

Vieri?

Uruguayan i think, goalkeeper, originally at Nacional i think.

We should only look to bring players in with real quality. Lovenkrands is a good addition.

Unfortunately its not just about players being better than what we've got - its about having enough players to put a team out week in, week out.

If our annual injury crisis strikes anytime soon, we'll be knackered (literally) and be relying on academy players.

I dont disagree that some of these free agents wouldn't/shouldn't normally be considered, but at this moment in time we can't be choosy, and we need numbers!

My best guess is that Fergie suggested that we take Simpson on Loan for free, and that Hughton basically had to beg and plead to get Ashley to sanction the money to sign Loven on the last day.

Now the transfer window is closed, we're limited to freebies and emergency loans until January. But theres some interesting unattached players available and heres just some of them (some of these might have recently retired/joined somebody etc):

MID

Julian Gray, Ivan Campo, Andy Van der Meyde, Dietmar Hamann, Guillaume Beuzelin, Rudolph Douala, David Noble, Olivier Dacourt, Bolo Zenden, Julian de Guzman, Stephen Appiah

why's no one mentioned him?   he's creative & can score...  i'm sure i'm missing something about him though....   :dontknow:

Now the transfer window is closed, we're limited to freebies and emergency loans until January. But theres some interesting unattached players available and heres just some of them (some of these might have recently retired/joined somebody etc):

MID

Julian Gray, Ivan Campo, Andy Van der Meyde, Dietmar Hamann, Guillaume Beuzelin, Rudolph Douala, David Noble, Olivier Dacourt, Bolo Zenden, Julian de Guzman, Stephen Appiah

why's no one mentioned him?   he's creative & can score...  i'm sure i'm missing something about him though....   :dontknow:

He's fucking slow and really poor. Oh, and he's scored 21 goals since 1993. Hardly a goal machine. I can't say I thought he was particularly creative either.

Are you thinking of the right person?

I think we'd be better off trying to get a few of these "emergency loans" which will tide us over till about November, and possibly look at getting one more free player.

I think Pamarot would be a good addition, I'm sure he played a fair few games for Portsmouth last season.

I think we'd be better off trying to get a few of these "emergency loans" which will tide us over till about November, and possibly look at getting one more free player.

What's our emergency? I don't think tight owner counts

Guest Roger Kint

What's our emergency? I don't think tight owner counts

Two first team CB's? Usually its allowed when backup(Kadar) is untested.

Fair enough in terms of getting one or two in maybe where we're short on back up but it comes down to whether we can afford the wages. Alot of these players are still free agents because they're asking for Premier League salaries and they aren't going to come here to siton the bench and we can't afford to pay them to sit on the bench.

If an injury crisis strikes, we can get loans in as well.

In the meantime I was the wally with the brolly last Thursday night week when I covered Fulham's Europa League game against Vetra for ITV - and the great British summer weather certainly got the better of us, too.

;D He sounds a canny lad. Get him in Chris when he recovers from the injury.

If we were likely to sign any of these free agents, you would think that we would have by now. We signed one free agent, and Ashley left it until transfer deadline day to make it seem like we did some business when we did not.

Ashley clearly thinks that we can at least get to January at or near the top of the table with our current squad.