Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Being my pessimistic self, Ashley's gamble will fail miserably. No signings, key players injured, congestion of fixtures, loss of form (only 1 win  in 6 currently), we could drop like a stone due to this man's stupidity and fail to gain automatic promotion.

Our only saving grace could be we may squeeze into a play off position and key players may return in time for those games.

If we fail to go up, we will descend into a period of obscurity until the fat man bites the bullitt and sells the club for a quid because that is about all it will be worth by the time he finishes with us. Silly Bastard.

Then again, I could be wrong

Pretty much spot on...I am convinced without a striker a midfielder who can create amd a defender that this bunch of sloggers and cloggers are going to die on their feet come mid march early april and we will in true NUFC style blow up. If we fail to go up this year we will not see prem league football for a long long time and its all down to that fat penny pinching barrow boy Ashley, when will the fat parasite realise we are not one of his cheap tatty chavvy shops that can be ran on the cheap. It doesnt take einstein to figure out " Hey we are top of the league lets invest some money and guarantee this promotion and push on" John hall done it in 1993 with the signing of sellars cole robinson....But we all know Ashley just does not give a fuck FAT CLASSLESS CLUELESS WANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being my pessimistic self, Ashley's gamble will fail miserably. No signings, key players injured, congestion of fixtures, loss of form (only 1 win  in 6 currently), we could drop like a stone due to this man's stupidity and fail to gain automatic promotion.

Our only saving grace could be we may squeeze into a play off position and key players may return in time for those games.

If we fail to go up, we will descend into a period of obscurity until the fat man bites the bullitt and sells the club for a quid because that is about all it will be worth by the time he finishes with us. Silly Bastard.

Then again, I could be wrong

How dramatic. We may squeeze into a playoff position? We're clearly not going to finish any lower than 3rd. Who is going to come above us? I forgot there were all these massive squads in the Championship.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/01/25/alan-smith-everyone-wants-to-beat-us-61634-25675289/2/

Hughton hopes to make a breakthrough in the transfer market next week after admitting it is unlikely Mike Williamson will be joining the club.

A £1million deal for the defender has floundered because of Portsmouth’s financial crisis and Hughton looks set to turn to other targets, such as Birmingham stopper Martin Taylor and Sheffield Wednesday’s Mark Beevers to plug the gap left by Steve Taylor.

He is also set to deliver a decision to striker Marlon Harewood today as he contemplates whether to bring the bustling Aston Villa forward back to Tyneside.

Everton striker James Vaughan, a long-term United target, has also been linked with a £2.5m move with Hughton known to want to add pace to his forward line.

“I sincerely hope we will be bringing someone in this week. It is something that we have always said that it is a tight squad,” said Hughton.

“I haven’t wanted to have a very big squad because part of what we have here has been built around a spirit with players connecting with each other.

“We have been fortunate with injuries – but of course we are at the stage where we have just picked up a few.”

Guest Roger Kint

Wouldnt mind Beevers, decent young player.

Considering we have 8 games in 4 weeks from 30 Jan to 27 Feb we desperately need people in.

If Simpson isnt fit(unless its a minor knock) we are screwed defense wise

this smacks of panic buying we dont get our number 1 or 2 or 3 targets so any fucker will do....what is most alarming is the fact we are going for people who really dont stand much hope of keeping us in the prem league if we get promoted

There is this assumption that we are getting promoted. We are only 6 points ahead of 3rd and we badly need to strengthen the squad. The fact we don't have anybody to play RB on Wednesday should show that.

I think buying Beevers and Vaughan in addition to Williamson would be enough to cover this spring. Both woud be OK buys long term too since they're young and will be eager to prove themselves at a higher level, in contrast to Harewood etc.

After Pancrate's effort on saturday it is clear that we need another right winger.

Guest Roger Kint

I think buying Beevers and Vaughan in addition to Williamson would be enough to cover this spring. Both woud be OK buys long term too since they're young and will be eager to prove themselves at a higher level, in contrast to Harewood etc.

Wouldnt argue the first two(or one of Williamson/Beevers) but we need more tbh

Cant believe Welbeck went to Preston, what the fucks wrong with Hughton? :angry:

Guest Roger Kint

Cant believe Welbeck went to Preston, what the f***s wrong with Hughton? :angry:

Alex Ferguson isn't Hughton's dad.

This.

Maybe but its just as likely Hughton didnt ask :dave:

Wouldnt argue the first two(or one of Williamson/Beevers) but we need more tbh

Cant believe Welbeck went to Preston, what the f***s wrong with Hughton? :angry:

How dare he not be related to SAF

It's a bloody outrage

;D

Guest Roger Kint

It's a bloody outrage

;D

yeah lets just not try for any Man Utd reserves as Fergie has a son

It's a bloody outrage

;D

yeah lets just not try for any Man Utd reserves as Fergie has a son

Out of interest how do you know if Big Chris tried to get Wellbeck on loan or not?

Guest icemanblue

I sincerely hope we will be bringing someone in this week. It is something that we have always said that it is a tight squad

:lol:

Big change from being 'certain' that he'd get his targets during the window.