Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Adam Johnson

they would want £5m plus for him, do we really have that kind of money to spend on one player? can't see them letting him go if they can help it.

He's done fantastic this season mind, selling Downing has given this kid a chance!

Adam Johnson

Meant to be pretty much nailed on signing for the club he supports according to some Sunderland fans I know & after just having a look on Readytogo the talk seems rife there as well . But as you in the Boro area have you herd something from Boro sources?

Wonder if Boro will sell in Jan or let him go in the summer & get the tribunal to sort a price out.

Everton are linked with a Jan move for him, plus he is younger than 24 so can't leave on a free so a tribunal will set a fee.  I imagine he will be snapped up by a Prem side before then, why the hell would he come here in our current state.

Adam Johnson

Meant to be pretty much nailed on signing for the club he supports according to some Sunderland fans I know & after just having a look on Readytogo the talk seems rife there as well . But as you in the Boro area have you herd something from Boro sources?

Wonder if Boro will sell in Jan or let him go in the summer & get the tribunal to sort a price out.

:nope: I left Boro for Leeds in July. He's a mate of a mate and wouldn't be adverse to it, apaprently we wanted him when Keegan was here but the asking price was too high. I think there's some issue with his contract at Boro. Good player, plenty of creativity,

I love it when we get linked with random players, which I've never heard of

Young Macedonian striker Agim Ibraimi has played down speculation linking him with a move to Newcastle United.

Chris Hughton's Magpies, as well as Belgian side Anderlecht, are thought to be scouting the 21-year-old, who plays for Slovenian club Olimpija Ljubljana.

The striker is attracting attention after scoring for Macedonia Under 21s against England Under 21s earlier this month, while he also made his debut for the senior side as a substitute in the 3-2 friendly defeat to Spain in August.

But Ibraimi has played down the speculation, insisting he is happy at his current club.

He told Zelenobeli: "Newspapers are saying many things, but I'm still an Olimpija player.

Happy

"I'm happy in Ljubljana and would like to stay at Olimpija."

Olimpija director of sport Simon Seslar said no bids have been lodged for the player, but if any are made, any deal would have to be right for the club.

He told Nogomania: "It is more than obvious that Ibraimi is very interesting player.

"He plays well for our team and also for the Macedonian national team.

"But even so we still haven't had any official offers for him."

Growing

He added: "Agim is growing as a player and if he gets an offer to move to a higher level, we will not stand in his way.

"But the offer must also be good enough for us. We have to look at us, even more so now in these hard times when every pound is very important."

But Seslar did not rule out a possible move in the January transfer window if the right offer came in.

He added: "Him leaving us in the winter? Maybe."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5655909,00.html

I love it when we get linked with random players, which I've never heard of

Young Macedonian striker Agim Ibraimi has played down speculation linking him with a move to Newcastle United.

Chris Hughton's Magpies, as well as Belgian side Anderlecht, are thought to be scouting the 21-year-old, who plays for Slovenian club Olimpija Ljubljana.

The striker is attracting attention after scoring for Macedonia Under 21s against England Under 21s earlier this month, while he also made his debut for the senior side as a substitute in the 3-2 friendly defeat to Spain in August.

But Ibraimi has played down the speculation, insisting he is happy at his current club.

He told Zelenobeli: "Newspapers are saying many things, but I'm still an Olimpija player.

Happy

"I'm happy in Ljubljana and would like to stay at Olimpija."

Olimpija director of sport Simon Seslar said no bids have been lodged for the player, but if any are made, any deal would have to be right for the club.

He told Nogomania: "It is more than obvious that Ibraimi is very interesting player.

"He plays well for our team and also for the Macedonian national team.

"But even so we still haven't had any official offers for him."

Growing

He added: "Agim is growing as a player and if he gets an offer to move to a higher level, we will not stand in his way.

"But the offer must also be good enough for us. We have to look at us, even more so now in these hard times when every pound is very important."

But Seslar did not rule out a possible move in the January transfer window if the right offer came in.

He added: "Him leaving us in the winter? Maybe."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5655909,00.html

We've already signed someone from Slovenia in the last year, so who knows, maybe there actually is something to this story.

Hopefully we will see some decent loans in now (and hopefully sending Harewood back)

2-3 bodies in the winter window, we should be good for the next half of the season.

With the likes of Enrique sold and replaced by players of inferior quality.

Is Dyer injured again at West Ham or just out of favour? Could be worth having a look at on a loan deal in January to add a bit of pace into midfield if nowt else.

No point in signing loan players that will miss a load of games. Also we are not going to sign loan players on the sort wages he is on at  WHU.

Guest Roger Kint

Are we still in for Mbia and Ebondo?

What about Veloso, he must surely be available now?

:kinnear:

What about Aimar and Saviola?

Probs as logical as your Dyer suggestiion tbh ;D

We should do everything possible to get Beckford in.  Afterall, Ashley is gonna invest £20m (lol)

Scored 2 real quality goals again last night.  Someone like him could be the difference between automatic promotion and playoffs/nothing.

We should do everything possible to get Beckford in.  Afterall, Ashley is gonna invest £20m (lol)

Leeds have made it clear they are not going to sell a player out of contract in the summer who is going to get them promotion this year.