Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Did you say that last week? All I can remember is this:

Not that I want to ignite this whole debate again but I absolutely cringed when I folk started comparing Beckford with Cole, my word.

:dowie:

I remember you saying something along those lines.

Edit- http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,60651.msg1824119/topicseen.html#msg1824119

Didn't see that coming from such a classy and knowledgeable poster.

We should have signed up Harewood as soon as his loan ended.

I personally thought we had a much better team with him in it, there was no need whatsover to gamble and disrupt that.

Harewood was the back up plan to Beckford. I dread to think what the back up plan to Harewood is gonna be

Should whack in a cheeky loan bid for Macheda.

I am amazed they loaned us Simpson after the whole Rossi thing.

Harewood was the back up plan to Beckford. I dread to think what the back up plan to Harewood is gonna be

I am amazed they loaned us Simpson after the whole Rossi thing.

glenn Roeder was not in charge for a start.

rather a cheeky loan bid for diouf.

his lightning pace destroyed the fullbacks in the norwegian league..

rather a cheeky loan bid for diouf.

his lightning pace destroyed the fullbacks in the norwegian league..

He's already ahead of Owen in their pecking order man. He's their third choice after Rooney and Berbatov, no way we'd get him on loan.

Chris Hughton steps up striker search

ChronicleLive - Lee Ryder - ‎12 minutes ago‎

The Newcastle United boss will step up his bid to land a centre-forward after a series of setbacks. And Hughton revealed today the Magpies have expressed an

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/01/26/chris-hughton-steps-up-striker-search-72703-25686212/

Well we may very well want Moyes to tie up that Beckford signing as he has apparently bid for him now. Otherwise I don't see them letting Vaughan go.

If we can come out of this transfer window with Williamson, Vaughan and Perch (hope we are still interested) we would have done very well in this window. Williamson is a big strong defender which we lack, Vaughan is a strong and fast striker which is a combination we currently lack up front and Perch's versatility would be vital.

Fingers crossed ...

I don't see Vaughan as being that much better than the 4 we have.

I know he has pace but we're hardly likely to use it tbh.

Pace causes problems though and it's important to have that option upfront. Loven has bags of it, but he can be pushed around a bit easily at times. Would be good to have another option to Loven.

I definitely see what you're saying though, as far as being unable to use a strikers pace consistently in this team. We are useless at it. However, it still can get us out of trouble every now and then, if only to cause defenders to slip up even. Vaughan does a good bit of hustling and closing down too, as opposed to Harewood, and so I think it could be a good move.

Well we may very well want Moyes to tie up that Beckford signing as he has apparently bid for him now. Otherwise I don't see them letting Vaughan go.

If we can come out of this transfer window with Williamson, Vaughan and Perch (hope we are still interested) we would have done very well in this window. Williamson is a big strong defender which we lack, Vaughan is a strong and fast striker which is a combination we currently lack up front and Perch's versatility would be vital.

Fingers crossed ...

apparently moyes wants huntelaar on loan too so maybe business can be done for vaughn