Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

I'd rather have Anichebe than Vaughan. Admittedly i don't know much about the latter, however. What's true though - if we do end up with him - simply having two fast strikers* and two fast wingers on the pitch will cause teams to push deep, especially when we're at home. And it'll give us chance to play on the counter away from home, too, rather than banking on a nice long ball.

*Vaughan/Lovelypants

Celtic boss Tony Mowbray admits he could reluctantly let defensive duo Danny Fox and Stephen McManus leave the club. - Skysports.

Danny Fox could be a good backup for Enrique?

Former Coventry player? We were after him at one point. Good freekick on him IIRC.

Celtic boss Tony Mowbray admits he could reluctantly let defensive duo Danny Fox and Stephen McManus leave the club. - Skysports.

aye a loan would be good. Guess where mcmanus is going though, wee gordon displaying his fantastic worldwide europewide celtic scouting network

Anichebe is still knackered.

and im not sure him and nolan in the same squad would be a good idea after their last encounter

No, I'd guess not. Fucking horrendous that tackle.

Anyway, Anichebe scored in a behind closed doors game the other day but is still way off fitness.

Vaughan is someone we can't afford to lose and even if we do loan him out for some stupid reason then I think it will be back to Derby rather than a new club.

Former Coventry player? We were after him at one point. Good freekick on him IIRC.

Was a good prospect we missed out on before, havent followed him at Celtic though. Doubt we would be interested with both Kadar and Williamson able to cover LB.

Id expect we are letting Forest sweat a bit on Perch, leaving the offer on the table. Calderwood knows alot about him so I doubt it was just a fleeting interest.

I think we thought we would do the same with Beckford, which was sound logic at the time, player wanted to come, Leeds dont want him leaving for nothing in the summer.

I think we will up the anti for a striker this week then if the Perch transfer goes through its a bonus.

Was a good prospect we missed out on before, havent followed him at Celtic though. Doubt we would be interested with both Kadar and Williamson able to cover LB.

Id expect we are letting Forest sweat a bit on Perch, leaving the offer on the table. Calderwood knows alot about him so I doubt it was just a fleeting interest.

I think we thought we would do the same with Beckford, which was sound logic at the time, player wanted to come, Leeds dont want him leaving for nothing in the summer.

I think we will up the anti for a striker this week then if the Perch transfer goes through its a bonus.

I've got a nice feeling a previous dead transfer could be completed on transfer deadline day. Beckford would be ace.

I dont think we were ever realistically in the running for him anyway, but Sky Sports transfer watch reckons Bolton will be the side loaning Arsenal's Jack Wilshire.

I dont think we were ever realistically in the running for him anyway, but Sky Sports transfer watch reckons Bolton will be the side loaning Arsenal's Jack Wilshire.

So thats Weiss, Chung-Yong Lee, Wilshere and Matty Taylor, fucking hell thats a cracking midfield.

On George Boyd, I sit next to a Stevenage season ticket holder and he doesn't think he will handle the premiership. He is a bit of a legend down there but he reckons he is really inconsistant, will have 3 top class games then 6 absolute shockers.

Wasn't really sure where to post that, I have liked him whenever I have seen him but maybe I only saw him in his "good game" spell.