Xisco's back

Crumpy Gunt

We should only sell him if we can get a good price. Otherwise he'll do as a backup choice for next season. If Hughton lets him know he's wanted and makes him feel a bit more loved, you never know, he might just get better.

Don't give him any ideas now.

Marseille where just better than us tbh. Drogba laid us to rest.

Considering we were missing our two key players and they had theirs that's not really a fair comparison.

Just the two key players? Sure we were without Jenas, Woodgate, Bellamy  & Dyer. Could have been a lot different with all four.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

We should only sell him if we can get a good price. Otherwise he'll do as a backup choice for next season. If Hughton lets him know he's wanted and makes him feel a bit more loved, you never know, he might just get better.

Bit late for that, unless we burn the papers before Xisco gets back. Not sure what we'll do about the internets though.

I feel sorry for anyone who has their career and livelihood messed about with because of the kind of nonsense that's gone on at this club recently. Feel very bad for him as a footballer. I won't be putting on a benefit gig though.

Totally agree.

Why do you feel any sympathy for him? You said yourself (as have others) he looked like he couldn't be arsed in the reserves. Should he have had some sort of divine right to start games? If he was put straight in and played a load of games then looked shit the same feeling sorry for him would have been blaming the club for throwing a young foreign lad in the deep end too early.

I can't believe anyone would feel sorry for him, especially with what he came out with when he left :lol:

He was only here a year, if he was as good as some think he is I am sure he would have shown a little more this season. Seems like another "party boy" player who is more interested in spending his vast wages than putting the effort into earning it.

Poor little xisco.

The talk that he doesn't try in training has persisted during his stint at Racing. There was even a rumor that he feigned injury to avoid playing a behind-doors match against the B team (and he was mysteriously pulled from the squad that week without reason)

The talk that he doesn't try in training has persisted during his stint at Racing. There was even a rumor that he feigned injury to avoid playing a behind-doors match against the B team (and he was mysteriously pulled from the squad that week without reason)

Can't understand some players. If someone told me I would make a living by playing football I would have fainted with joy. Twats like Xisco are ruining this privilege. Millions of people can only dream about doing what he does and he's taking it for granted  :no:

Shh, we'll have none of that here. He tries harder than anyone, and despite admitting to feigning injury, we should feel sorry for him.

If he had left on loan and proved the talent we had missed out on maybe I would believe the reason he hasn't played was because of this apparent clause and not because he was just a bit shit.

He hasn't.

Clever enough not to want to swap a £12m midfielder for a £1.5m midfielder anyway :pow:

??

If he had left on loan and proved the talent we had missed out on maybe I would believe the reason he hasn't played was because of this apparent clause and not because he was just a bit shit.

He hasn't.

Clever enough not to want to swap a £12m midfielder for a £1.5m midfielder anyway :pow:

??

What don't you understand?

He didn't get a game here because he wasn't good enough, then he left and admitted he stopped playing on purpose.

Why does he deserve sympathy? Should we always put the poor little youngsters ahead of the club? Those who saw him the most (reserves) say he looked like he couldn't be arsed, by all accounts he has been pretty woeful this season and similar rumours are coming out again.

So we feel sorry for him why? Because some paper claimed we would have to pay a large amount to play him again, which even if true is a good enough reason not to play him if he isn't putting in the effort/looking poor in the reserves anyway.

I just don't understand the logic in feeling sorry for him, seems completely backwards to me. Like feeling sorry for the burglar who has just knicked your telly because he must have put a lot of effort in getting it over your fence all by himself.

Guest Heneage

Do you judge all players on 7 games like? I'm not saying he was good or bad, but we hardly saw the lad play, I don't think we could make any real judgements.

He hasn't.

??

He didn't get a game here because he wasn't good enough, then he left and admitted he stopped playing on purpose.

Why does he deserve sympathy? Should we always put the poor little youngsters ahead of the club? Those who saw him the most (reserves) say he looked like he couldn't be arsed, by all accounts he has been pretty woeful this season and similar rumours are coming out again.

So we feel sorry for him why? Because some paper claimed we would have to pay a large amount to play him again, which even if true is a good enough reason not to play him if he isn't putting in the effort/looking poor in the reserves anyway.

I just don't understand the logic in feeling sorry for him, seems completely backwards to me. Like feeling sorry for the burglar who has just knicked your telly because he must have put a lot of effort in getting it over your fence all by himself.

Erm, hate to ruin your little rant, but I think he was referring to your rather confusing last sentence: "Clever enough not to want to swap a £12m midfielder for a £1.5m midfielder anyway :pow:"

I had no clue what you were referring to either.

Do you judge all players on 7 games like? I'm not saying he was good or bad, but we hardly saw the lad play, I don't think we could make any real judgements.

So we played a few games for us looked poor, played in the reserves and looked poor/couldn't be arsed, went on loan and looked poor and the same rumours about not being arsed in the reserves pop up.

All that on top of him admitting he stopped playing for us.

Any different to your dislike of Ranger? Infact I would say this one has a lot more substance.

He hasn't.

??

Erm, hate to ruin your little rant, but I think he was referring to your rather confusing last sentence: "Clever enough not to want to swap a £12m midfielder for a £1.5m midfielder anyway :pow:"

He wanted us to swap Milner with Routlegde, if you want to start patronising maybe you shouldn't jump in with both feet without knowing what you are talking about, huh? :pow:

He hasn't.

??

He wanted us to swap Milner with Routlegde, if you want to start patronising maybe you shouldn't jump in with both feet without knowing what you are talking about, huh? :pow:

Not my style.

Guest BooBoo

The poster boy for everything that was wrong with the club last season. Another player who had a relatively promising career completely derailed by a move to NUFC.

I absolutely hate this sort of argument. So what if he barely played? Shit players don't certainly become good, good players don't look shit for 10 games and then start to look good.

Yes it takes time to settle and yes he is young, but you would see signs of talent, ability and passion in his play whether he was settled in or not - we've seen nothing.

Can't help but feel sorry for him really, out of order for feigning injury but can't say I blame him.

Yeah f*** working hard and earning a place in the team :lol:

I agree considering the wage the lad is on he was out of order but look at it from his perspective. He's adapting to a new country, he's adapting to a new league, he's not getting picked (obviously we don't have the insight of what went on in the training ground so it's difficult to tell if that was justified), he's being labelled as the reason his manager has walked and consequenly the club is a shambles, you can see his motive behind wanting out.

The lad was quality in Spain, looked like a natural goal scorer. I buy into the argument he wasn't really given a chance but at the same time can you afford to give him a regular run of games when your in a relegation battle? It's diffiucult. Just look at Carroll, it just took one goal and the floodgates opened, confidence is such a massive part of the game.

I would agree if it wasn't the standard line for everyone who has seen him in the reserve to comment on him looking lazy/can't be arsed. Maybe if he put the effort in he would have been given a chance?

I don't buy that one season of reserve football will completely ruin a young player either so maybe he was someone who initially looked promising but failed to live up to the hype? Wouldn't be the first and won't be the last, especially if he does have an attitude problem.