Xisco's back

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Heneage

I like Lovenkrands a lot arguably my favourite player last year, but the way Hughton has handled him is fantastic in the sense it shows he has a cut throat nature at times.

I like Lovenkrands a lot arguably my favourite player last year, but the way Hughton has handled him is fantastic in the sense it shows he has a cut throat nature at times.

At the same time making Nolan captain and playing him every game shows the opposite.

Guest Heneage

At the same time making Nolan captain and playing him every game shows the opposite.

In some ways I agree, however, I also think that we don't have the options in Nolans position as we do with Loven's. If HBA was available I'd concur.

Hughtons treatment of loven this seasons been bad imo he was one of the standout performers last season and to not even bring him of the bench is shocking

Not good enough for the Premier League though. See also Keegan & David Kelly.

Exactly. Lovenkrands being effective hinges on poor defending and us absolutely dominating games. He's invisible outside the 6 yard box, and his prowess in that area is nowhere near strong enough to justify him starting. He's completely obsolete at this level, and the wrong side of 30.

If we knew Lovenkrands wouldn't be up to the Premier League, then why did we give him a 3 year contract.

a) To make sure he signed when we needed him last year.

b) As a squad player in the Premier League.

c) A Championship standard striker if we'd failed to get promoted last year/go back down this year.

If we knew Lovenkrands wouldn't be up to the Premier League, then why did we give him a 3 year contract.

a) To make sure he signed when we needed him last year.

b) As a squad player in the Premier League.

c) A Championship standard striker if we'd failed to get promoted last year/go back down this year.

Suppose it doesn't matter too much if he's on low wages.

Not good enough for the Premier League? And where did this conclusion come from? :lol:

How many Premier League first teams would you put him in out of interest? Blackpool at a push, after that, I'm struggling.

I dunno how many, because I've only seen him play about 30 minutes of PL football this season.

And don't even mention the relegation season - apart from the fact that I thought he was decent, they were all crap that year - I wouldn't have put Jose in a single PL squad based on 08/09.

Not good enough for the Premier League? And where did this conclusion come from? :lol:

How many Premier League first teams would you put him in out of interest? Blackpool at a push, after that, I'm struggling.

I dunno how many, because I've only seen him play about 30 minutes of PL football this season.

And don't even mention the relegation season - apart from the fact that I thought he was decent, they were all crap that year - I wouldn't have put Jose in a single PL squad based on 08/09.

seriously ? i still struggle to remember any wingers doing him.

Loven, Best & Xisco are all below average at best. It is not going to make that much difference who we play out of them 3.

This, I don't think there is much difference between the 3 and how you rank them is based on personal perception. I'd personally go for Xisco, Loven and Best in that order.

Hughtons treatment of loven this seasons been bad imo he was one of the standout performers last season and to not even bring him of the bench is shocking

Not good enough for the Premier League though. See also Keegan & David Kelly.

Oh right, and Ameobi, Best, Xisco and Ranger are? Ok then.

:kasper:  :idiot2:  :thdn:

Christ Jonny...

seriously ? i still struggle to remember any wingers doing him.

:thup: