Xisco's back

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Stephen927

It's hard to say whether he should get a chance, none of us are privvy to what happens in training or if the players attitude is right. We know he's had a problem with that before due to Kinnear, it all depends where his head is at. The fact he isn't appearing even at reserve level to keep a degree of match fitness is worrying, wonder if he's refusing to play again?

If there is any player in the squad that i would be ecstatic to be given a chance and see do really well, it's this guy. it absolutely perplexes me how someone like Lovenkrands can be given two chances before Xisco is given even one. Although i cant be sure that he would be decent, nothing suggests to me that he would be a complete failure after a starting a run of games. Something fishy is going on here i suspect.

Guest Stephen927

I notice also on the official site he has made 9 appearances for the club. Could this be significant in terms of any extra fee to be paid to Depor if he plays 10 games for us?

I notice also on the official site he has made 9 appearances for the club. Could this be significant in terms of any extra fee to be paid to Depor if he plays 10 games for us?

If something like that were true, it would be just fucking dumb tbh. Saving some coin at the expense of playing someone who could potentially help us out when we are already severly lacking quality in his position. But then again id look like a complete fool for saying this if it was confirmed that he was utter garbage.

I'd like to think that when buying a player for some not insignificant coin (£5-6m, iirc?), it's assumed that you're going to want to play him more than 10 times.

Guest Stephen927

I'd like to think that when buying a player for some not insignificant coin (£5-6m, iirc?), it's assumed that you're going to want to play him more than 10 times.

Portsmouth did something even dumber when they bought Williamson from Watford for a couple million. Pompey hadn't played him by the time we bought him cos it would have activated a clause that meant the fee rose to £3m.

It's daft and I'd like to think the club has more common sense than that. I'm just throwing a few theories around, this has got me puzzled.

It's hard to say whether he should get a chance, none of us are privvy to what happens in training or if the players attitude is right. We know he's had a problem with that before due to Kinnear, it all depends where his head is at. The fact he isn't appearing even at reserve level to keep a degree of match fitness is worrying, wonder if he's refusing to play again?

About time there was some sense in this thread. :thup:

i'm not his biggest fan and if it was up to me i'd have got shot of him ages ago but after Lovenkrands woeful performance at the weekend i would be tempted to give Xisco his chance this week, although i would have him in the reserves first on Tuesday to sharpen him up!!

The lad rarely shakes a leg and is lazy but would dangle the carrot of a chance in the first team if he performs in the reserve game.  If he doesn't play in the reserves then there's no point even considering him for the Bolton game as he won't be fit enough.

Guest schmuck

Watched a few Santander matches last season, and he really did not look that bad. Not a clinical finisher, sure, but good at keeping up the ball and finding players with space.

This is pretty much exactly what I've thought in the few glimpses I've seen of him for NUFC, so it's nice to hear that hear he definitely has those qualities in his locker - but that makes it all the more frustrating that, for unknown reasons, he appears to be unfancied. Stranger still he did noticeably well on his last appearance (OK Villa were shot by this point, but what can he do about that). Maybe his attitude stinks, maybe he just needs to feel loved but, in Hughtonspeak, what he is is a promising player, and he's one who I'd very much be looking to use this season.

i'm not his biggest fan and if it was up to me i'd have got shot of him ages ago but after Lovenkrands woeful performance at the weekend i would be tempted to give Xisco his chance this week, although i would have him in the reserves first on Tuesday to sharpen him up!!

The lad rarely shakes a leg and is lazy but would dangle the carrot of a chance in the first team if he performs in the reserve game.  If he doesn't play in the reserves then there's no point even considering him for the Bolton game as he won't be fit enough.

Is Binnsy Kevin Nolan?

Playing for the reserves tomorrow, along with Steven Taylor.

:shifty:

I've always thought that was bollocks since the time when he was an injury time 'wind the clock down' sub at WBA away (when Kinnear got ill). Surely if we owed money after x appearances we'd have put someone else on for the final 90 seconds?