Xisco's back

Crumpy Gunt

I remember him having a few games where he shocking in possession and his passing was just as bad. Now he's one of the better players at the club - same with Colo. Just goes to show you can't base opinion on performances before the season in the Championship.

Lovenkrands has only been given a handful of short appearances in the Premier League this season and how he fared in the cup is nothing to judge a player on. All I'm saying is he needs a proper chance before he's written off - it's madness to prefer Xisco purely because he's untried, especially with the question mark over his attitude prior to this season.

I remember him having a few games where he shocking in possession and his passing was just as bad. Now he's one of the better players at the club - same with Colo. Just goes to show you can't base opinion on performances before the season in the Championship.

Eh? He may have had a couple of poor games (although I'm damned if I can remember them) but for the majority of the season he was a cut above the majority of players in black and white.

However, I do remember the idiots sat around me who kept slagging him off as soon as the first misplaced pass occurred, calling him a thousand names under the sun. I think they finally realised he was a canny player by February and finally shut up.

Opinion has probably swung the other way now, where it's beginning to get a little OTT (yes, he's brilliant defensively, but could be fantastic if he could develop his attacking game - he's shown he can whip in a beautiful cross, it'd be nice to see it more often). Still makes me laugh when people say he wasn't very good during his first two seasons in the premiership - he was one of two players to emerge from the Man Utd trouncings with any credit.

Not good enough for the Premier League? And where did this conclusion come from? :lol:

How many Premier League first teams would you put him in out of interest? Blackpool at a push, after that, I'm struggling.

I dunno how many, because I've only seen him play about 30 minutes of PL football this season.

And don't even mention the relegation season - apart from the fact that I thought he was decent, they were all crap that year - I wouldn't have put Jose in a single PL squad based on 08/09.

You must have hardly seen us play if that was the case then.  :thup:

Not good enough for the Premier League? And where did this conclusion come from? :lol:

How many Premier League first teams would you put him in out of interest? Blackpool at a push, after that, I'm struggling.

I dunno how many, because I've only seen him play about 30 minutes of PL football this season.

And don't even mention the relegation season - apart from the fact that I thought he was decent, they were all crap that year - I wouldn't have put Jose in a single PL squad based on 08/09.

seriously ? i still struggle to remember any wingers doing him.

I remember him outpacing Lennon a few times when we played Spurs at SJP. Strolled it against him.

The only person I remember "doing him" was Andy Griffin. :lol:

The only winger who's seriously troubled him (in my recent memory) is a little fella called Wayne.

http://www.nndb.com/people/397/000024325/wayne-newton.jpg

...Oh you said winger, not singer.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

Anyone know what has happened to this lad. He hasn't even been appearing in the reserve games has he?

Hughton doesn't like benders you know.

Guest Stephen927

Last I heard of the lad was his wife had just gave birth. Strange that he doesn't seem to be even around the fringes of the team.