Adebayor hit with two FA charges - BBC Sport

Colocho

That's a good point about rivalry. It's almost as much fun to hate someone as it is to love them.

Aye, I remember when Raúl scored a winner at Camp Nou and he made a "now you shut up" sign towards us. I was screaming the most unsavoury things about his mother I could think about, but in retrospect it was a boss thing to do for him. Football is built from stuff like this too!

I know it's a s*** excuse, but like Ian Wright said today, if fans dish is out they've got to expect something back. Football players aren't angels, anything but.

No they are millionaire nob heads is what they are.

It was the manner of his actions. This wasn't kissing the badge to opposing fans. Yes he took a lot of stick just like a lot of footballers do, but many don't run the length of the pitch to wind them up. I agree that some of the calls for him to be banned for months are over the top but IMO he deserves a 3 match ban for both of the incidents. Same goes for Nathan Tyson and what he did after the match against Derby.

I would still say we'd be more than pissed off if an ex player of ours did what Adebayour or Tyson done.

Racial abuse, abuse of his family, questioning his sexuality, etc, the Arsenal fans deserved what they got from Adebayor which wasn't all that much. I'd like to think our fans wouldn't stoop to those levels of abuse at an ex player.

I'd like to think this too, but I am not too sure we would react any differently given a similar situation. He is a cock of the higest order mind. Stupid enough to do a press conference talking about signing for AC Milan when no agreement was in place between the clubs.

Should get a 3 game ban for the kick in the face and an extra one for the celebration. Don't normally have an issue with players celebrating goals but running for 90 yards to celebrate directly in front of the fans to the point they kick off and cause hassle in the away end crossed the line imo. Not the end of the world but deserves a token 1 game ban to acknowledge it.

That's a good point about rivalry. It's almost as much fun to hate someone as it is to love them.

Aye, I remember when Raúl scored a winner at Camp Nou and he made a "now you shut up" sign towards us. I was screaming the most unsavoury things about his mother I could think about, but in retrospect it was a boss thing to do for him. Football is built from stuff like this too!

That game was fucking fantastic. I can still replay all the goals in my head and the Raul "Shhhhhhhhh!"

Fantastico!

I know it's a s*** excuse, but like Ian Wright said today, if fans dish is out they've got to expect something back. Football players aren't angels, anything but.

Christ on a bike, who takes anything seriously that HE comes out with? Both the fans and Adebayor behaved badly, but it says a lot about a player if he's more interested in baiting the crowd than celebrating with his team mates. And to stick up for the Arsenal fans, he was garbage for them last season, then he turns it on suddenly after a move. How would you all feel if Owen scored against us and did exactly the same? Would you all be applauding politely? Aye I thought so.

Should get a 3 game ban for the kick in the face and an extra one for the celebration. Don't normally have an issue with players celebrating goals but running for 90 yards to celebrate directly in front of the fans to the point they kick off and cause hassle in the away end crossed the line imo. Not the end of the world but deserves a token 1 game ban to acknowledge it.

the game ban for the celebration should only be to serve as a warning to stop others going further. i've little problem with what he done. the arsenal fans gave him grief and abused him all game then whine like little pink piggies with horses knobs up their arses when he has the temerity to celebrate scoring. he didn't make wanker signs or flick the "V"s or anything,just celebrated in front of them. tough shit,the fans can't have ity all ways.

I think it's fair enough he wanted to stick it up them. But the best way to do that is by scoring. Once that's done and his old team are demolished that's all that needed to be said.

If a fan can be ejected and possibly arrested for inciting violence in the stands then he should at least get some sort of ban or fine. Justice has been done really.

I think it's fair enough he wanted to stick it up them. But the best way to do that is by scoring. Once that's done and his old team are demolished that's all that needed to be said.

If a fan can be ejected and possibly arrested for inciting violence in the stands then he should at least get some sort of ban or fine. Justice has been done really.

stop any player celebrating then.

the game ban for the celebration should only be to serve as a warning to stop others going further. i've little problem with what he done. the arsenal fans gave him grief and abused him all game then whine like little pink piggies with horses knobs up their arses when he has the temerity to celebrate scoring. he didn't make wanker signs or flick the "V"s or anything,just celebrated in front of them. tough shit,the fans can't have ity all ways.

As I said it would be a token slap on the wrist to acknowledge he went a little bit too far and act as a deterrent to others. Got no problem with players giving a bit back but I think he went a bit ott on Saturday. Not worthy of anything substantial, just a game.

No because there's acts of celebration and acts of hatred/revenge whatever you want to call it. The best thing he could have done was kiss the Man City badge it would have been celebratory of his goals and it would have pissed off the Arsenal fans in a less obvious way. He's cost his team now...

No because there's acts of celebration and acts of hatred/revenge whatever you want to call it. The best thing he could have done was kiss the Man City badge it would have been celebratory of his goals and it would have pissed off the Arsenal fans in a less obvious way. He's cost his team now...

now you have got me going. kissing a clubs badge ought to be punishable by loss of a limb.

now you have got me going. kissing a clubs badge ought to be punishable by loss of a limb.

Agreed. But since the thought of it has pissed you off as a neutral, imagine how much it would piss you off as a Gooner....