The Not-so-Untouchable Nicky Butt

Decky

and can someone explain why you'd keep joey barton on if you need a goal ?

If he was played in his best position he'd be twice the threat going forward Butt is, he's a waste of time on the left, only gets put there because he's faster and stronger than any of the other midfield cloggers, which is a disgrace.

Last season, somehow I always felt he was holding the team back, despite a good defensive contribution. It's like he's a non-leader in a leader's position. He makes predictable, conservative choices on the ball and never looks completely confident, despite his experience. Unlike Smith, I often feel he's passing the buck to his team-mates.

If he was played in his best position he'd be twice the threat going forward Butt is, he's a waste of time on the left, only gets put there because he's faster and stronger than any of the other midfield cloggers, which is a disgrace.

he should be twice the threat as they play differing roles. butt the holding midfielder and barton the box to boxer,scoring and creating. apart from a spell of 4 or 5 games the season before relegation barton has been as poor as butt,nolan and geremi.

Because he can create goals ? 

did at city a few years ago. seen none of it here unfortunatly.

The pen at Reading, laid it off for Taylor to cross for Ameobis 2nd at Reading. Put a pinpoint corner onto Ameobis head that the keeper saved against reading. Laid off a backheel for Nolan? to strike against Reading.  :lol: Was largely single handedly the reason we dominated the 2nd half against Reading.

Fair enough thats a lot of Reading, but its the only game ive seen where he came inside much atall. Even though he was played on the wing once again. Since the injurys hes been dodgy but hes not playing in the right place. The best part of his game is knocking it about & sliding balls through to the fowards.

he should be twice the threat as they play differing roles. butt the holding midfielder and barton the box to boxer,scoring and creating. apart from a spell of 4 or 5 games the season before relegation barton has been as poor as butt,nolan and geremi.

He's hasn't played in the centre for a decent stretch for a long time, been unlucky with injuries. Butt has played a lot more and has proven that he is very much past it now. Barton has been pretty poor this season but his passing is still a lot more incisive than any of our other midfielders. Just feel with a run in the side he'd prove his worth. Surely if we're one down you'd want a more attacking player on then anyway? we had Geremi on who could have played the holding role.

The pen at Reading, laid it off for Taylor to cross for Ameobis 2nd at Reading. Put a pinpoint corner onto Ameobis head that the keeper saved against reading. Laid off a backheel for Nolan? to strike against Reading.  :lol: Was largely single handedly the reason we dominated the 2nd half against Reading.

Fair enough thats a lot of Reading, but its the only game ive seen where he came inside much atall. Even though he was played on the wing once again. Since the injurys hes been dodgy but hes not playing in the right place. The best part of his game is knocking it about & sliding balls through to the fowards.

putting it like that we'd have to have geremi as our first choice playmaker.

Geremis not created anything in a long time. The last goal i remember him setting up was when he looped over a class pass to Martins who squared it across for Owen. Cant remember the game, Wigan i think. I wanted him in the team early part of last season, towards the end he looked woeful.

Nolan has contributed Barton looked better last season. It's sad but for all the shit he gets Jonas is massive for us, his running frees so much space elsewhere.

Geremis not created anything in a long time. The last goal i remember him setting up was when he looped over a class pass to Martins who squared it across for Owen. Cant remember the game, Wigan i think. I wanted him in the team early part of last season, towards the end he looked woeful.

differing opinions of geremi as over the last couple of seasons i remember him putting loads of perfectly weighted balls in behind the defence for our forwards to run on to (principally martins to not have a clue how to read it) which were very goo technically and tactically and not his fault our forwards had the reading ability of a 2yr old.

who didn't look awful towards the end of last season?

Barton looked off the pace for a lot of games in the Premier as well and I remember being disappointed about it at the time. Hard to know what to make of him in this division especially when he's being played wide left.

Haven't seen the game tonight but Barton's been terrible so far this season and Real Radio said he was awful tonight.

Barton was out of sorts tonight (just got back) but he doesn't relish playing out wide and his performance reflects that.

But, lets get back to that fucking pathetic piece of shite that masquerades as a professional footballer Nicky Butt. He was fucking woeful and it is no coincidence wahtsoever that our worst performance of the season so far coincided with Butts return.

Goal aside I'd also say Carroll was extremely poor - he offered nothing. Ranger in his cameo appearance looked 100% more effective.

Hughton fucked up big style last night from start to finish it was gash, long ball fucking rubbish.

Haven't seen the game tonight but Barton's been terrible so far this season and Real Radio said he was awful tonight.

Barton was out of sorts tonight (just got back) but he doesn't relish playing out wide and his performance reflects that.

But, lets get back to that f***ing pathetic piece of s**** that masquerades as a professional footballer Nicky Butt. He was f***ing woeful and it is no coincidence wahtsoever that our worst performance of the season so far coincided with Butts return.

Goal aside I'd also say Carroll was extremely poor - he offered nothing. Ranger in his cameo appearance looked 100% more effective.

Hughton f***ed up big style last night from start to finish it was gash, long ball f***ing rubbish.

he's been out of sorts for most of his time here.

If one good thing has come out of this defeat it's that Smith has established himself as the no 1 holding midfielder, in which case there's no place in the side for Butt. Smith is stronger, better in the air, surer on the ball and actually has better discipline in staying in position. Not to mention he's younger and faster as well. By faster, i don't mean he's quick, he's just not a jelly-legged geriatric.

If one good thing has come out of this defeat it's that Smith has established himself as the no 1 holding midfielder, in which case there's no place in the side for Butt. Smith is stronger, better in the air, surer on the ball and actually has better discipline in staying in position. Not to mention he's younger and faster as well. By faster, i don't mean he's quick, he's just not a jelly-legged geriatric.

I'd agree with all of that but my biggest worry is that Hughton will run scared of making the decision.

I'd agree with all of that but my biggest worry is that Hughton will run scared of making the decision.

Guthrie appears to be Hughton's fall guy, and based on his tactical genius last night we'll probably start with Butt playing just off Andy Carroll.

Worst player i have ever seen

Cant run

Cant pass

Cant score goals

Cant tackle

Cant win balls in the air

he worst excuse for a footballer i have ever seen. His name on the teamsheet makes me feel physically sick

It is not a fucking coincidence we lose our only game with him in the line up

Any other player would have been subbed had they played so little

The man is a virus, that spreads through the team like swine flu

I fucking hate the manc supporting twat!

:facepalm:

He's not one of the four best midfielders in our squad, but that is a ridiculous post.

Barton has looked ineffective this season but to be fair he is playing out wide, I think we would see better from him in a central posoition. Nolan is doing okay this season and I just can't see Houghton picking one or the other. Be intertesting to see what he does when Jonas is back, because I would much prefer to see natural wide men out wide rather than CM's.

Barton has looked like he could not care less for ages, drop Butt for Smith and drop Barton so we can play a 4-4-2 Carroll and Ranger

Agree with that, he seems the only player left in the team thats just here for the cash and his performances this season have shown this IMO, the likes of Butt and Geremi have maybe been worse than him but thats cos there shit, Barton has a lot more in him than hes shown so far.

We have to play 2 up front at home to Plymouth on sat, Carroll goal aside was hopeless on his own gives nothing, has no control on his heading from long balls up to him 9 times out of 10, if we are going to play him there the balls have to be to his feet or on his chest as usually he does not waste many of those.