Newcastle United 3 - 1 Plymouth Argyle - 19/09/09 - post match reaction from p12

Nate

Full Time

Scoreline flattered us, and by christ did we make hard work of it. Hughton has to stop this 451 nonsense to accomodate his senior midfielder. They cannot be allowed to pick this side.

Too right!

Full Time

Scoreline flattered us, and by christ did we make hard work of it. Hughton has to stop this 451 nonsense to accomodate his senior midfielder. They cannot be allowed to pick this side.

Absolutely agree, but will he have the guts to do it?.

Our possession went up about 14% after 4-4-2 also on the official site.

Hopefully thats a lesson learnt for Hughton. He does seem to learn, it just takes a very long time.

well he got his subs right so credit to him, he'll learn from this

All over.

We scored more goals in 35 mins of 4-4-2 than we have in each of the last 3 games & first half of this one.

Bit obvious is an understatement.

Shame we had to wait for the second half for the penny to drop but better late than never.

Our possession went up about 14% after 4-4-2 also on the official site.

Hopefully thats a lesson learnt for Hughton. He does seem to learn, it just takes a very long time.

well he got his subs right so credit to him, he'll learn from this

Hardly had any choice did he ?

1-1 and the panic there for all to see.

Only an idiot would have continued with things as were

Hughton may be not have much tactical nous, but he's not an idiot

All said and done i would have took that score before the kick off so fair do's. Ranger and Carroll might be worth perservering with. I thought Lovenkrands was disappointing against cardiff, I don't know how he played here but he got subbed so he can't have been exactly on fire.

All said and done i would have took that score before the kick off so fair do's. Ranger and Carroll might be worth perservering with. I thought Lovenkrands was disappointing against cardiff, I don't know how he played here but he got subbed so he can't have been exactly on fire.

Short of match practice and Hughton played him wide left, when everyone knows he's no winger.

John Anderson very disappointed with the team as a whole and rips the midfield apart,agree with him, but as he says 3pts is 3 pts we should of won this by a mile

He's right, but the changes made a difference. We played alot better when Ranger and Guthrie came on because we had two CFs and a midfielder that was able to run and cross the ball effectively.

Geremi  Smith  Nolan  Guthrie

Carroll  Ranger

was alot more balanced than

Geremi  Smith  Nolan  Barton

Loven

Carroll

4-4-2 is the way forward, and I hope that these previous two games have shown Hughton that.

Short of match practice and Hughton played him wide left, when everyone knows he's no winger.

That's the problem with this 4-5-1 pallaver, not only is it ineffective, the players suffer as a result as well.

Guthrie should start every game ahead of Barton and Nolan imo.

He's certainly changed games when he's come off the bench. I still don't see why he's not been seen as automatic start these past two seasons. Nolan and Barton seem to there ahead of him despite poor performances.

Guthrie should start every game ahead of Barton and Nolan imo.

He's certainly changed games when he's come off the bench. I still don't see why he's not been seen as automatic start these past two seasons. Nolan and Barton seem to there ahead of him despite poor performances.

Barton has the ability but he's acting as if he's doing us a favour by turning up. Guthrie's a decent player at this level and he'll give 100%. I don't have a problem with Nolan's attitude, but Guthrie's a better player and much more mobile. Him and Smith in the middle should be a match for anyone in this division.