Footballing connections

Dave

Kevin Blackwell used to live in my aunties street

Played football with Steven Taylor and Peter Ramage on a world cup day at middle school

Me uncles mate is the nephew of Gary Stevens (ex Everton and Rangers)

Me Granddad had a drink out of the league cup with Bobby Charlton

Me other Granddad was mates with Jimmy Stubbins who was the brother of Albert Stubbins

oh and Jackie Milburn popped into me nannas shop in Heaton once to buy some tabs

Guest Brazilianbob

I once shoved Matt Busby's pipe down his throat when he was coming out of the gents in a City centre hotel (can't remember the name of it but it was almost opposite the Lowther pub on Percy St?) when we were playing Manu at home in the 70's.  I was watching over my shoulder as I went to the bog because all the Man u players coming out of the lifts ready to board the coach for SJP, Best, Charlton, Law, Kidd etc etc, and as I pushed open the bog door Busby was standing behind it drying his hands and the door smacked him full on the bowl of his pipe, and when I walked in all you could see of the pipe was the bowl, the rest was halfway down his throat.  He had the Man U chairman with him at the time Louis Edwards.  I don't think I was flavour of the month and didn't bother asking for an autograph like!

When I played non-league football, one of the teams in the division (eventual champions) was captained by Vicente Sánchez - a complete unknown to you but former FC Barcelona captain. Guy ran circles around us even if he was 40, but I had the best day of my life (I was the goalie) and we sneaked a 3-2 win after I stopped like a half a million shots from him.

Also one of my school mates was a centrehalf that eventually made it to the Spanish Olympic team, and played at Villarreal in La Liga, but his career took a nosedive shortly afterwards.

Guest michaelfoster

My grandad played against Jackie Milburn when he was a kid, said he was fast as f*ck

My auntie lives in the same street as Ameobi's parents, also spoke to Sammy Ameobi a few months back walking home after watching his brother play at SJP. That is also the same street as Rozenhal lived in while he was here, but Fenham Mag has already mentioned that.

i'm now best mates, top drinking buddies with a former pro for sunderland (booooooooo) but i live in a 50/50 area so its sorta acceptable lol

i got a get well soon card of Alan Shearer

Woman I work with at a school is close mates with Jamie McClen (wow! :lol:), she used to teach him at said school.

Man that my mother works with's son is close mates with Stevie Taylor.

My boss knows Sir John Hall quite well as well.

Guest firetotheworks

Nicky Butt eyed up my ex-girlfriend in Floritas

My ex girlfriend was in the same cross country team as Shola's sister

My dads cousin Michael Brown played for Crystal Palace in the '70s

My great grandad Joe Ince was offered a job as goalkeeper for Liverpool but came home because he made more working in the shipyards.

Thats all I have.

Know Anth Lormors brother.

Me & Gimp both went to the same middle schoold as Watto & Thompon. Then the same high school as Watto. There year won everything at football.

Me,Gimp & CP40 lived in the same street as one time Newcastle reserve Tom Heron who also was the cover star of there early 90's catalogue. Seen Tom recently on the bus, hair gone, smoking & piled a few pounds on.

didnt Tommy get chased off Keegan for turning out for Battle Hill club?

Cant remember if it was Ozzie or KK but playing for the club sort of ended his career.