You thick Geordie.........

Benwell Lad

I totally agree, I hate that song and it makes us look like idiots.

Though I recently heard our away fans singing 'Kenwyn Jones eats bananas with his feet', so nothing surprises me about how ignorant we can be. No different to other sets of fans though, obviously.

I thought it was Kenwynne Jones Sells Watches on the Beach????

I totally agree, I hate that song and it makes us look like idiots.

Though I recently heard our away fans singing 'Kenwyn Jones eats bananas with his feet', so nothing surprises me about how ignorant we can be. No different to other sets of fans though, obviously.

I thought it was Kenwynne Jones Sells Watches on the Beach????

Ditto.

Bloody hell, that's what I was saying. The people complaining wouldn't have the bawls to pipe up at the game, if they find the chant 'embarrassing'.

Oh right, I'm meant to go "excuse me good sirs, I believe that 'football chant' you are singing displays some factual inaccuracies. Perhaps you would consider some revisions?"

:lol:

Then why are you moaning about it on here?

Erm, because it's a message board for expressing opinions.

Also, the ultras can't get me through the internet! :lol:

Some people are genuinely more concerned about this than the fact the fat cockney b****** got us relegated.

I'm not one of those by the way, I just think the song is stupid.

While you're on your crusade you should remind people that the "Blaydon" Races were actually at Stella Haugh and stopped in 1916, so unless they're over 93 they are lying when they say they went there, and unless they are 147+ certainly didn't go on 9/6/1862.

Thick Geordie bastards :rolleyes:

Some people are genuinely more concerned about this than the fact the fat cockney b****** got us relegated.

While you're on your crusade you should remind people that the "Blaydon" Races were actually at Stella Haugh and stopped in 1916, so unless they're over 93 they are lying when they say they went there, and unless they are 147+ certainly didn't go on 9/6/1862.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

I'm not arguing that every football song needs to be ratified and fact-checked.

All I'm saying is that everyone knows Ashley isn't a cockney (he isn't even a Londoner), so in my opinion singing that song does us no favours and I'd rather we didn't. I don't see why that's such a bad thing to say.

Guest icemanblue

Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

I'm not arguing that every football song needs to be ratified and fact-checked.

All I'm saying is that everyone knows Ashley isn't a cockney (he isn't even a Londoner), so in my opinion singing that song does us no favours and I'd rather we didn't. I don't see why that's such a bad thing to say.

Blatant cockney.  :shifty: