Keegan vs Ashley and Co case settled - KK awarded 2m

Taylor Swift

Guest Dennis Carter

Official NUFC Statement: September 6

NUFC wished, at all times, to keep any dispute that it had with Kevin Keegan private.

It is therefore disappointing that information has reached the media through unnamed sources and a briefing has been given by the League Managers Association that could give rise to a misleading impression amongst the Club's fans.

Newcastle United have no desire to engage in a war of words but inaccurate reporting of factual matters and inaccurate allegations have to be corrected.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, on appointment on 16th January 2008, agreed to report to a Director of Football and to the Board.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan worked within that structure from 16th January 2008 until his resignation.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, as manager, had specific duties in that he was responsible for the training, coaching, selection and motivation of the Team.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan was allowed to manage his specific duties without any interference from any Board member.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan agreed only to deal with the media in relation to Club matters relating to the Team and not to communicate with the media in relation to the acquisition or disposal of players.

It is a fact that NUFC is a business and operates, like all businesses, with financial constraints.

It is a fact that NUFC's financial constraints inform its transfer dealings.

The Board of NUFC have responsibility to ensure that the club is able to meet its commitments which include the wages and the transfer fees for players.

The structure at NUFC is clear, and has been clear from 16th January 2008.

How ironic for them to have essentially owned up to lying to the fans about this very same issue one year later in an independent tribunal.

Who wrote this rubbish? Rafa Benitez?!

The Sunday Sun story is just the tip of the iceberg as far as I'm concerned. This story about the agent has only come out because of the trbunal. I dread to think what Ashley and his cronies are getting up to behind the scenes.

as i've already posted this deal ought to be investigated by the FA/FIFA/UEFA.

It must be classed as bribery

or even money laundering.

How can it be money laundering or bribery as no fee was paid to the agent or the club? (As far as the tribunal are aware)

How can it be money laundering or bribery as no fee was paid to the agent or the club? (As far as the tribunal are aware)

I guess in the eyes of the law, then its not, hence the tribunal didnt follow it up.

The agent must benefit in some way however, otherwise how could it have gained the club preferential treatment in the future.

Either way, if the club do something to get preferential treatment in the future, surely that is classed as bribery in some form? :undecided:

Either way, if the club do something to get preferential treatment in the future, surely that is classed as bribery in some form?  :undecided:

Doubtful, that's just business.

There does seem to be something dodgy about this player and his agent though. Bought by Valencia (against their manager's wishes) after doing fuck all for Monaco and then being immediately loaned to us (against our manager's wishes). Doesn't seem normal to me.

Either way, if the club do something to get preferential treatment in the future, surely that is classed as bribery in some form?  :undecided:

There does seem to be something dodgy about this player and his agent though. Bought by Valencia (against their manager's wishes) after doing fuck all for Monaco and then being immediately loaned to us (against our manager's wishes). Doesn't seem normal to me.

:thup:

I must admit I hadnt realised he had gone to Valencia against their managers wishes too

There does seem to be something dodgy about this player and his agent though. Bought by Valencia (against their manager's wishes) after doing f*** all for Monaco and then being immediately loaned to us (against our manager's wishes). Doesn't seem normal to me.

:thup:

I must admit I hadnt realised he had gone to Valencia against their managers wishes too

didn't we pay a £500,000 loan signing fee. if that went to valencia did they pass any on and if so where to. my guess is even if not directly some found its way to the agent somehow...possibly.

Guest Howaythetoon

In years to come I really believe we'll look back at KK's resignation as one of the best things he could have done for this club for he has shown the whole world how unprofessional, petty, dodgy and shockingly out of touch Mike Ashley and his cronies have been since they took over the club and just how bad these people are to the club and indeed the game as we are finding out sadly with relegation, dwindling gates and players leaving etc.

They have no place at our club or in football. This is also a lesson to the football world regarding managers - owners/directors must not interfere or undermine their managers - the consequence of doing so is 100% damaging. Our two best ever managers post war have both been undermined. Sir Bobby was and look what happened. KK has also been undermined and look where we ended up.

Furthermore this case should stand out as a warning sign to the FA and Premier League regarding takeovers of football clubs and maybe contracts. Perhaps the government needs to intervene somewhere too because too many clubs, their fans and whole communities are being trampled on by bogus 'football men' against what is essentially best for clubs and fans and I feel the more this happens the further removed fans will be from the game to a point of no return.

As for KK the man is a hero in every sense, a hero for principles, decency, professionalism and commitment to what is right. He left behind a lucrative contract and a cushy job in the name of what is right. Rather than being criticised he should be lauded. In a game where sleaze, dodgy deals, nepotism, egos and money dominate one man wasn't having it and said "that's not what I signed up for."

They tried to smear his name, and again he was having none of it. This is a former England Captain, a national hero, a Newcastle United legend, an honest working-class man who loves the game, who has given it many great moments both as a player and manager and everyone who has been touched by this man should tip their hats his way today.

I'm glad he won and I hope he finds somewhere wherever where he can get on with what he does best and knows best and that is getting the best out of players, creating a feel good buzz, getting fans back into grounds and getting the game played in the right way and spirit.

It breaks my heart knowing what these cunts have done to someone who actually loves our club, someone who was actually arguably the best man for the job, someone who could deliver, someone who would deliver. He didn't deserve to be treated like that and nor do we. Those cunts however deserve everything they get. Ashley will lose a shit load, his credibility smashed. Wise will never get a top job at a top club while the likes of Llambias and Kinnear will always be seen as jokes.

NUFC will come back stronger one day and will put this sorry saga behind it whereas we as fans will love our club evermore.

As for KK...

Top man  :thup:

It turns out that Ashley and Co. are even worse than we imagined. Fancy that.

Just out of interest, how? We knew they lied to the press and fans, went above KK's head, etc. long before this verdict came out.

the you tube shit> than what we expected tbf.

nobody was itk about that, also proves allt he itks are full of beans.

Just out of interest, how? We knew they lied to the press and fans, went above KK's head, etc. long before this verdict came out.

the you tube shit> than what we expected tbf.

+ I dont think any of us would have expected them to spunk £1 million on a player who was never expected to play whilst at the same time completely failing to strengthen the first team.

the you tube s***> than what we expected tbf.

+ I dont think any of us would have expected them to spunk £1 million on a player who was never expected to play whilst at the same time completely failing to strengthen the first team.

True on both counts I would say.. Also, I would argue that them not even being able to understand and explain their own system to an independent jury coherently was worse than I expected of them. Also, admitting to lying for PR purposes and then letting the report go public does not add up. They are morons beyond belief..

In years to come I really believe we'll look back at KK's resignation as one of the best things he could have done for this club for he has shown the whole world how unprofessional, petty, dodgy and shockingly out of touch Mike Ashley and his cronies have been since they took over the club and just how bad these people are to the club and indeed the game as we are finding out sadly with relegation, dwindling gates and players leaving etc.

They have no place at our club or in football. This is also a lesson to the football world regarding managers - owners/directors must not interfere or undermine their managers - the consequence of doing so is 100% damaging. Our two best ever managers post war have both been undermined. Sir Bobby was and look what happened. KK has also been undermined and look where we ended up.

Furthermore this case should stand out as a warning sign to the FA and Premier League regarding takeovers of football clubs and maybe contracts. Perhaps the government needs to intervene somewhere too because too many clubs, their fans and whole communities are being trampled on by bogus 'football men' against what is essentially best for clubs and fans and I feel the more this happens the further removed fans will be from the game to a point of no return.

As for KK the man is a hero in every sense, a hero for principles, decency, professionalism and commitment to what is right. He left behind a lucrative contract and a cushy job in the name of what is right. Rather than being criticised he should be lauded. In a game where sleaze, dodgy deals, nepotism, egos and money dominate one man wasn't having it and said "that's not what I signed up for."

They tried to smear his name, and again he was having none of it. This is a former England Captain, a national hero, a Newcastle United legend, an honest working-class man who loves the game, who has given it many great moments both as a player and manager and everyone who has been touched by this man should tip their hats his way today.

I'm glad he won and I hope he finds somewhere wherever where he can get on with what he does best and knows best and that is getting the best out of players, creating a feel good buzz, getting fans back into grounds and getting the game played in the right way and spirit.

It breaks my heart knowing what these c***s have done to someone who actually loves our club, someone who was actually arguably the best man for the job, someone who could deliver, someone who would deliver. He didn't deserve to be treated like that and nor do we. Those c***s however deserve everything they get. Ashley will lose a s*** load, his credibility smashed. Wise will never get a top job at a top club while the likes of Llambias and Kinnear will always be seen as jokes.

NUFC will come back stronger one day and will put this sorry saga behind it whereas we as fans will love our club evermore.

As for KK...

Top man  :thup:

Joe Harvey was our greatest post war manager, but I'd agree with virtually all of that. Top post.  :thup:

The prick that is Wise is on SS1 now, about to be asked about the Newcastle/Keegan situation.

Has he said anything yet? I think they'll avoid it tbh.

Not yet. Keys said something like "we'll talk about Newcastle a bit later", to which Wise replied "not a problem".

Most likely will be generic comments that don't give anything away. I'm expecting Souness to chip in with bullshit about the fans being unrealistic too.

I hope sky dont bottle it. I want them to mention youtube directly to him and see what he says about doing "2 agents favours" as well. More than likely they will bottle it and say "so it must have been confusing for you , bless" .