Keegan vs Ashley and Co case settled - KK awarded 2m

Taylor Swift

Keegan will no doubt make it obvious in the press just how hard done by he was by the administration of the club, like he has done in the past. In fact, he will probably write a book about it and no doubt, a hundred thousand gullible geordies will spend 30 quid plus to read what he has to say about the whole matter. It would be adding extra cash into his pocket on top of the 2 million plus he is already getting.

It would be interesting to hear the other side of the story from the owner and co. Whether they were right or wrong in the way they dealt with the matter, if the arbitration is singling out the Gonzales matter, what happened to the matters relating to the Milner sale, the Xisco purchase which Keegan insisted he was also dead against, but do not appear to have been mentioned in the outcome.

Like many others on here, I would like to know the stories regarding Keegan's wish list and knowing his past history at whatever club he has been at, I am pretty damn sure it would have been high profile with little regard for costs and if everyone was 100% truthful in their assessment of the situation, you would have to admit that the club was in no financial position to get the players KK wanted. That is obvious by the extent of busines conducted by the club over the last year or so and the current situation we find ourselves in now.

In short, KK was and is not the man to manage this club and even perhaps, any other club for that matter. With him ion charge, we would have been worse off than Portsmouth are now.

Keegan will no doubt make it obvious in the press just how hard done by he was by the administration of the club, like he has done in the past. In fact, he will probably write a book about it and no doubt, a hundred thousand gullible geordies will spend 30 quid plus to read what he has to say about the whole matter. It would be adding extra cash into his pocket on top of the 2 million plus he is already getting.

It would be interesting to hear the other side of the story from the owner and co. Whether they were right or wrong in the way they dealt with the matter, if the arbitration is singling out the Gonzales matter, what happened to the matters relating to the Milner sale, the Xisco purchase which Keegan insisted he was also dead against, but do not appear to have been mentioned in the outcome.

Like many others on here, I would like to know the stories regarding Keegan's wish list and knowing his past history at whatever club he has been at, I am pretty damn sure it would have been high profile with little regard for costs and if everyone was 100% truthful in their assessment of the situation, you would have to admit that the club was in no financial position to get the players KK wanted. That is obvious by the extent of busines conducted by the club over the last year or so and the current situation we find ourselves in now.

In short, KK was and is not the man to manage this club and even perhaps, any other club for that matter. With him ion charge, we would have been worse off than Portsmouth are now.

Why not just be upfront about it if it was the case that there was no money to spend? Part of the reason that this whole business stinks so much is that Keegan was brought back as a manager under the illusion that he would have funds after all. Otherwise why was he making wishlists of players like Henry and Lampard which was leaked to the press by the club lest we forget?

Why not just be upfront about it if it was the case that there was no money to spend? Part of the reason that this whole business stinks so much is that Keegan was brought back as a manager under the illusion that he would have funds after all. Otherwise why was he making wishlists of players like Henry and Lampard which was leaked to the press by the club lest we forget?

Forgetting about any wish-lists, whether Milner was sold behind Keegan's back, Schweinsteiger, etc. it's that Youtube video that will always grate with me. Dispicable behaviour by Wise. Like you say, if we'd been upfront about the finances and Wise simply told Keegan there'd be a player joining the squad to help us financially in the future with other transfers, or to help us in the South American market in the future, rather than be expected to walk into the first-team, I don't think he'd have walked. Other clubs have done similar in the past. Remember Arsenal buying Inamoto then selling Japanese TV the rights to Arsenal reserve matches for millions of pounds? I can't imagine Wenger would have known much about him and I don't think he got anywhere near the first-team, but was probably told by the people higher up what the craic was, so agreed to it. If we'd been honest, I imagine Keegan would have been the same.

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keegan must be delighted he wasn't still Man City manager and having to have players like Robinho thrust upon him. Wonder if the doll would have flew then?

I wonder if Mark hughes would put up with having players thrust upon him if he asked for Santa Cruz and got Michael Chopra?

Glad its all over TBH, 2mil keeps everyone happy, enough for KK to crawl back into a hole and still be the 'principalled'(sp?) heart on sleeve victim, not so much that it overly hurts the club.

Chapter closed...  (Ha ha as if, I'm sure he'll  serialise his story in the NoTW)

Forgetting about any wish-lists, whether Milner was sold behind Keegan's back, Schweinsteiger, etc. it's that Youtube video that will always grate with me. Dispicable behaviour by Wise. Like you say, if we'd been upfront about the finances and Wise simply told Keegan there'd be a player joining the squad to help us financially in the future with other transfers, or to help us in the South American market in the future, rather than be expected to walk into the first-team, I don't think he'd have walked. Other clubs have done similar in the past. Remember Arsenal buying Inamoto then selling Japanese TV the rights to Arsenal reserve matches for millions of pounds? I can't imagine Wenger would have known much about him and I don't think he got anywhere near the first-team, but was probably told by the people higher up what the craic was, so agreed to it. If we'd been honest, I imagine Keegan would have been the same.

We'd be naive to think that other clubs don't do sweeteners behind the scenes, that's never what's bothered me. It's just the blatant lies and deliberate misleading of everyone, not just Keegan that grates. All those daft transfer deadline stories about signing M'Bia or Veloso...or Kieron Richardson :lol:

You could understand the bullshit if it actually got them anywhere, but the bumbling idiots in charge have only succeeded in losing premiership status, a shitload of money and a tribunal case to date. They are fucking clowns to put it bluntly.

Guest Brummiemag

In short thats absolute bollocks.

If KK was in charge and given the right backing we would be playing entertaining attacking football and  pushing for a Europa League place

If KK was in charge and given the right backing we would be playing entertaining attacking football and  pushing for a Europa League place

is the correct answer.

what is the "right backing" given the financial state we were in ?

is the correct answer.

I'm in agreement with cp40. What the hell is going on? :lol:

It´s known commonly as the Keegler principle.

is the correct answer.

I'm in agreement with cp40. What the hell is going on? :lol:

your coming to your senses :snod:

At the endof the day this shows how poorly managed and ran the club is. I had always backed Keegan over Ashley and Co since the day he left. He is a man of principle and always has been.

Thats what we love about the man. How can anyone still have a go at KK????

He left Nufc first time around over principle- abou the floatation of the club, and he lost his passion and motivation. Fair enough. Hall wanted to give him a 10 year contract for christs sake.

He left Fulham for England- Who wouldn't?

Leaves England beacuse he hods his hands up and admits he can't do the job. Ulike that tw** McLaren who will still be taking millions off the F.A for being sacked.

Leaves City for similair reasons to us first time around.

Furthermore, we are still paying the likes of Fat Sam and Souness money for being sacked for doing a s**t job, who don't care about the club. Allardyce will be getting around 7-8 Million, so why shouldn't KK claim for money? He wnated us fans to know the truth and we got it.

Thanks KK for the memories.

Guest sicko2ndbest

:: The United board went against Keegan’s advice when they signed Fabricio Coloccini from Deportivo la Coruna for £10m after the player had been offered to Newcastle twice in 2007 for a cheaper fee and hawked around to other clubs;

:: Joe Kinnear thought he had got rid of Gonzalez and sent him back to Valencia, only to discover he’d got mixed up with Italian flop Fabio Zamblera, who was instead sent to Sampdoria on loan last January.

It gets better!!!:):):)

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/10/03/gareth-barry-snub-fuelled-kevin-keegan-row-72703-24842782/2/

:: Joe Kinnear thought he had got rid of Gonzalez and sent him back to Valencia, only to discover he’d got mixed up with Italian flop Fabio Zamblera, who was instead sent to Sampdoria on loan last January.

Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ.

:mackems:

SILENCE IS GOLDEN!

I am delighted for KK, a man of honour and principle - still! He hasn't spoken a word about this whole rotten saga until now, and rightly so, despite the slagging off which he was receiving from press and fans who didn't want to look deep enough into what happened and how he was treated.

Just think about this. KK left England, saying he wasn't good enough. Compare that to Steve McLaren, who refused to go despite England becoming a laughing stock, failing to qualify for Euro 2008. Of course he stayed knowing he would be sacked, and he would have his very large contract paid up.

Thinks about how much Newcastle have paid, or perhaps still are paying to t***ts like Souness and Allardyce, who got the sack because they were nowhere near good enough for this club, and still had their contracts paid up. Robbers!

So, IMO, I think Keegan deserves his £2M, and really should have had the £9M or whatever his full contract was.

Ashley, the lying Cockney and his lying Cockney mates are a bunch of crooks who have shafted Keegan, shafted the fans, and have dragged this club to the bottom of the pits.

If they had treated Keegan properly, and respected the man and his abilities, particularly in the transfer market, where we would be now?