Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Robbie Savage :iamatwat:

Savage said: "It's disappointing, but I don't really care. It just proves that some fans can be fickle.

"I was one of their all-time best players and played in one of their best midfields ever.

"Me, Muzzy (Izzet) and Neil Lennon were the best midfield the club has ever had.

"When I went back to the Walkers Stadium, I got booed there as well.

"All credit to the Derby fans who gave Steve Howard and Matt Oakley such a great reception.

"They deserved it because they were great stalwarts for this club.

"It just proves the difference between the two sets of fans."

Robbie Savage :iamatwat:

Savage said: "It's disappointing, but I don't really care. It just proves that some fans can be fickle.

"I was one of their all-time best players and played in one of their best midfields ever.

"Me, Muzzy (Izzet) and Neil Lennon were the best midfield the club has ever had.

"When I went back to the Walkers Stadium, I got booed there as well.

"All credit to the Derby fans who gave Steve Howard and Matt Oakley such a great reception.

"They deserved it because they were great stalwarts for this club.

"It just proves the difference between the two sets of fans."

:mackems:

I am sure some folk on here were talking about the Yankees recently.

Highest paying sports teams (average weekly salary per starting player)

1- New York Yankees (MLB) - £89,897

2- Real Madrid (Liga) - £81,444

3- Barcelona (Liga) - £78,231

4- Chelsea (Premier League) - £68,946

5- Dallas Mavericks (NBA) - £68,343

6- LA Lakers (NBA) - £65,563

7- Detroit Pistons (NBA) - £64,234

8- Cleveland Cavaliers (NBA) - £63,529

9- Boston Celtics (NBA) - £62,813

10-New York Knicks (NBA) - £59,120

Highest paying sports leagues (average weekly salary per starting player)

1- NBA (basketball) - £50,847

2- IPL (cricket) - £48,243

3- MLB (baseball) - £35,147

4- Premier League - £28,230

5- NFL (American football) - £22,506

Load of words @ http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29032010/58/premier-league-trails-pay-league.html

West Brom Fan:

Firstly, what is it with a 90 minute wankfest by the commentators over the Geordie massive? I thought I'd pressed the fooking fanzone button by mistake. If I was a Forest fan I'd be fuming. I think the only Forest player who got a mention was Perch and that's because he managed to keep 'world class' Gutierrez in check. Who is a diving cheating bastard, while we're at it. They're on telly more than Jeremy bleeding Kyle.

Secondly, time for a reality check. Newcastle are in a similar situation to us. They have one or two players who are Premiership class. Andy Carroll, for instance, will be made to look stupid by Prem defenders. As will Routledge, Ameobi, Guthrie, and most of the rest of the squad. And no. despite the dribblings of the local rag up here, Carroll will not be on the plane to South Africa unless he's going there on fucking holiday. And Messi must look at Gutierrez in training for Argentina and think 'how the fook has this happened?'

Thirdly, the fans. Has there ever been a group of fans so firmly stuck up their own rectums? I had a row in a bar last year with a lad who told me that I should want them to stay up as they are such a massive club and a credit to the Premiership. You deluded fucknuts. Yes you're getting 40,000 crowds now but where the hell were you all in 1991 when you had 11,000 against us? You are not 'the loyalist football supporters the world has ever had'. Although you may, indeed, be the fattest.

Which brings me on to another thing. Not wearing coats and taking your shirts off when it's sub zero and pissing it down doesn't mean you're hard; it means that you're retarded. If you must show off those pecs that you've obtained by drinking dog and eating pies, at least go to the gym so you don't look like walking heart attacks.

Lovely city. Odious club.

:iamatwat:

West Brom Fan:

Firstly, what is it with a 90 minute wankfest by the commentators over the Geordie massive? I thought I'd pressed the fooking fanzone button by mistake. If I was a Forest fan I'd be fuming. I think the only Forest player who got a mention was Perch and that's because he managed to keep 'world class' Gutierrez in check. Who is a diving cheating bastard, while we're at it. They're on telly more than Jeremy bleeding Kyle.

Secondly, time for a reality check. Newcastle are in a similar situation to us. They have one or two players who are Premiership class. Andy Carroll, for instance, will be made to look stupid by Prem defenders. As will Routledge, Ameobi, Guthrie, and most of the rest of the squad. And no. despite the dribblings of the local rag up here, Carroll will not be on the plane to South Africa unless he's going there on fucking holiday. And Messi must look at Gutierrez in training for Argentina and think 'how the fook has this happened?'

Thirdly, the fans. Has there ever been a group of fans so firmly stuck up their own rectums? I had a row in a bar last year with a lad who told me that I should want them to stay up as they are such a massive club and a credit to the Premiership. You deluded fucknuts. Yes you're getting 40,000 crowds now but where the hell were you all in 1991 when you had 11,000 against us? You are not 'the loyalist football supporters the world has ever had'. Although you may, indeed, be the fattest.

Which brings me on to another thing. Not wearing coats and taking your shirts off when it's sub zero and pissing it down doesn't mean you're hard; it means that you're retarded. If you must show off those pecs that you've obtained by drinking dog and eating pies, at least go to the gym so you don't look like walking heart attacks.

Lets keep this short...

West Brom (Birmingham)...Odious City. Odious club. Jealous Fans.

I like how in so many other fans' views the few seasons of low attendances 20 years ago carry so much more weight than almost constant full capacity in the 20 years since then.

Load of words @ http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29032010/58/premier-league-trails-pay-league.html

It is best to read statistics like these with a bit of context. NBA basketball teams carry 12 to 15 players. NFL football teams carry 50 to 70 players I think, and I believe American baseball has somewhere around 30 players. Therefore, there is a massive difference as to what the teams are actually paying as total wages. Only American baseball is comparable. Also, all the American sports seasons, with the exception of baseball I believe are shorter than European football seasons.

West Brom Fan:

Petty as owt, but i love shit like this. Makes you feel proper chest-beaty.

It is best to read statistics like these with a bit of context. NBA basketball teams carry 12 to 15 players. NFL football teams carry 50 to 70 players I think, and I believe American baseball has somewhere around 30 players. Therefore, there is a massive difference as to what the teams are actually paying as total wages. Only American baseball is comparable. Also, all the American sports seasons, with the exception of baseball I believe are shorter than European football seasons.

Baseball season is 162 games (+ the possiblity of playoff series). The NBA season is longer as well-- 82 games (+ playoffs) . Another important factor is that each MLB club sells its own broadcasting rights for whatever the market will bare. The Yankees make a lot of money from televison. Smal market clubs like those from Cincinnati or Pittsburgh relatively little.

Sven is in charge of the Ivory Coast for the World Cup.

I didn't catch most of it but there was a debate on Talksport this morning about his 'excessive' pay for the role, and how he could do worse than to give some of it to an Ivorian charity. Anyone catch it?

I didn't catch most of it but there was a debate on Talksport this morning about his 'excessive' pay for the role, and how he could do worse than to give some of it to an Ivorian charity. Anyone catch it?

There's an article here from the ever-reliable Sun Newspaper

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2912843/Sven-Goran-Erikssons-2m-deal-with-Ivory-Coast.html

Guest Phil K

West Brom Fan:

Firstly, what is it with a 90 minute wankfest by the commentators over the Geordie massive? I thought I'd pressed the fooking fanzone button by mistake. If I was a Forest fan I'd be fuming. I think the only Forest player who got a mention was Perch and that's because he managed to keep 'world class' Gutierrez in check. Who is a diving cheating b******, while we're at it. They're on telly more than Jeremy bleeding Kyle.

Secondly, time for a reality check. Newcastle are in a similar situation to us. They have one or two players who are Premiership class. Andy Carroll, for instance, will be made to look stupid by Prem defenders. As will Routledge, Ameobi, Guthrie, and most of the rest of the squad. And no. despite the dribblings of the local rag up here, Carroll will not be on the plane to South Africa unless he's going there on f***ing holiday. And Messi must look at Gutierrez in training for Argentina and think 'how the fook has this happened?'

Occassionally some people let their lack of anything like knowledge come to the fore.

Disappointment ? The idiot doesn't realize HIS team are more under threat from Forest than we are.

And that would have me rolling on the floor in hysterics if Forest pip them at the line !

Where was this from, Fenham mag ?

Right - from here:-

http://www.wbaunofficial.com/

Give this tit a few amusing answers, ladies and gents !

He must shit £20 notes or the Swedish equivilant that fella.

Notts County striker Delroy Facey was arrested last weekend by cops armed with tasers after a man was stabbed in broad daylight.

More StoriesRiot police pepper spray footballers

Adebayor gun T-shirt sparks outcry

Bulgarian club promised calf for Cup win

Match abandoned after less than a minute

Beckhams 'must endure sex ban'

Bookie to ignore Henry's goals

..The League Two player was ordered to kneel on the ground with a friend after police stopped their car.

The arrest happened in Huddersfield just minutes after a man with stab wounds appealed to drinkers outside a pub for help, and the police were called.

Facey, 29, and the other man, 22, were arrested on suspicion of wounding. They were questioned and released on unconditional police bail later in the day.

Three suspects aged 30, 22, and 16 were then later charged with assault and public order offences.

Facey began his career at hometown club Huddersfield before spells at Bolton, Tranmere, Rotherham and Gillingham.

He has also been capped twice at international level for Grenada.

A cult figure at current club Notts County, fans this year named March 19 as 'Delroy Facey Day' in tribute to the player's hard work for the club.

Notts County confirmed they were aware of the incident but refused to comment